• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Holland on The Huge Show.

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

He struggled when Zetterberg struggled. That's my point. With more depth in the top 6, it will be easier to match up scorers with supporters. If filppula and Zetterberg don't work together, Babcock can match him with Brunner. nyquist or Datsyuk instead

He's not worth $4m, let alone $5m. The jury is still out as to if he can consistently produce at the NHL level. It appears now that his 2006-2007 season was an aberration. Whatever the case, Filppula is not a solid 2nd-line player. He's best as a 3rd-line center, and those don't merit that large of a paycheck.

He struggled when Zetterberg struggled. That's my point. With more depth in the top 6, it will be easier to match up scorers with supporters. If filppula and Zetterberg don't work together, Babcock can match him with Brunner. nyquist or Datsyuk instead

Z still managed a point-per-game pace while being one of the best defensive forwards in hockey. Filppula had 17 points and followed that up with a horrible playoff showing, where he was a non-factor entirely. The Red Wings need a new dimension in the top-six consisting of a goal-scoring winger and some size. Filppula provides neither of those and shuffling around the same pieces is just a bandage.

Guest The Axe

Z still managed a point-per-game pace while being one of the best defensive forwards in hockey. Filppula had 17 points and followed that up with a horrible playoff showing, where he was a non-factor entirely. The Red Wings need a new dimension in the top-six consisting of a goal-scoring winger and some size. Filppula provides neither of those and shuffling around the same pieces is just a bandage.

Id like him as 3rd line center at 4 mil per for 5 yrs.

In no universe will Filppula get $5m per season. Hudler scored 25 goals in his contract season, and this is why he got paid. Filppula, in his own, garnered his worst PPG average since the 2006-2007 season. And when he's not scoring, he's generally invisible.

That said, I did a Google search, and it turns out that I was incorrect about this just being a rumor. He's got some serious gall to ask for that sum after how he played this season.

Yes he will. That is the state of business in the NHL today. His agent can easily point to the 66 points last year and his inuries this year. he started the NHL season with a bad knee from playing in Europe, then had a bad shoulder, no training camp etc... On top of that he is one of the best under 30 forwards available.

First off I would just like to say that I am on this site almost every single day for the past few years and have been a die hard Wings fan for as long as I can remember. That being said I just enjoyed reading the topics but have decided that its time to get involved in the posts...

Its almost a forgone conclusion that they are going to buy out Richards from NYR... How much do you thing he will cost a new team and I personally think he would be an upgrade over Flip. I also believe they should give up whatever they had to (Besides Dats, Zetterberg, Kronwall) if they could trade for Vanek from Buffalo. He has expressed that he does not want to be part of the rebuilding process and I believe he and Miller will get traded this offseason. Thoughts???

Id like him as 3rd line center at 4 mil per for 5 yrs.

That's some serious overpayment for a third line center IMO. How do you upgrade the top-six by paying Filppula that to play third line minutes? You are basically banking on leaps in development from Nyquist, Tatar and Brunner right away.

I would rather have Andersson there or ideally a healthy Helm and then go after some size at wing, which the team needs desperately.

Edited by GoWings1905

Making up your own rules is not a source. TSN, sportsnet, cbc have All reported that Flip's agent is seeking in the 5 mil range. These guys are reputable sources. His agent can use Grabovski as a comparison. He makes 5.5 mil a season. Just because something is rumoured does not mean it isn't true. For example Dekeyser was rumoured to be signing with Detroit. Was it a fact that he would sign there? No. But he did. Where there is smoke there is fire. All indications are that Flip will be asking for 5 mil a season. Connect the dots here.If Flip wanted only 4 mil a season, wouldn't Kenny have signed him by now? This indicates Flip is going for the 5 mil a season his agent believes he can get. Could he decide on July 5 to accept less and 're-sign with the Wings? Sure. Rumours are all we have right now. I think you only play the Facts Game so you can tell anyone they are wrong at all times. I think it is pretty spineless to be honest.

Flip will sign with the Ducks and centre Selanne or he will no doubt centre Hudler in the fiery abyss knows as Calgary. He will not be a Wing next year at anything over 4 mil, whereas I would not pay him more than 3. He has far from earned a raise for 1 year of reached potential and 4 of meh.

I agree with all of this Filpulla talk and it just makes me hate Holland more for not trading Fill for a draft pick when he had the chance!

That draft pick able to pass the puck to Nyquist for the overtime winner in game 2 vs Ducks?

That draft pick able to score the series winner in game 7 vs Ducks?

I'm all for letting Filpulla walk if it comes to that, but I'm glad we had him for this playoff run. The Wings may have fell short, but the experience of being a goal short of the confernece finals trumps the value of an uncertain draft pick IMO.

That draft pick able to pass the puck to Nyquist for the overtime winner in game 2 vs Ducks?

I'm all for letting Filpulla walk if it comes to that, but I'm glad we had him for this playoff run. The Wings may have fell short, but the experience of being a goal short of the confernece finals trumps the value of an uncertain draft pick IMO.

Agreed.

I'm done with Filppula. He's 29, no longer a "prospect" and on the downside of his most productive years. His playoff was horrible, he was a shadow. Time for an upgrade. Don't throw stats at me because I've just lost all faith or interest in him as a Red Wing. See ya.

I can totally see holland trading his rights away for a 6th or 7th rounder if he stays firm on his 5 million demands.

Sure he was great on a couple if plays and we had a great playoff run I will always remember. My point is that maybe we could have gotten a first rounder for Fill that could have turned out to

Be a super star down the road. It's all speculation either way.