• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#21 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Watching game one just made me appreciate Jimmy's work for us even more. To me, he was the number 1 reason the Wings were even in that series. It looks like Quick will be in the same shoes and Jimmy.

I thought L.A would have the fore checking ability to break through. I know it's one game. But you can usually get a feel. They are going to struggle like Detroit did against Chicago's defense.

What I thought would be a goaltending match in Quicks favor...it's Quick VS Chicago's defense...just like it  was for the Wings. Jimmy VS their defense...not the goalie. And unfortunately for Quick...Chicago's offense is faster than their very fast defense. That means a lot of shots of the very high quality variety.

Jimmy almost stole the series. Quick is a better goalie, though...He might be able to squeeze them through, but it will be ugly. Then again...Chicago and Crawford may have that Horseshoe tucked somewhere, and get more flukey bounces off the boards/skates in their favor. It may just be their year. /barf

#22 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

So did Eddie piss people off that he was doing the Hawks games that they switched him to do the Bruins/Pens games?

#23 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Ouch for the Kings. Not the start they wanted.

And Richards out doesn't help matters either for LA

#24 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

What is it going to take to get shaw suspended, this guy is injuring everyone. 

#25 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

Kings suck.

To think we were one good OT shot away from playing this team.  

Then again, they are a very good home team in these playoffs, but this is putting too much pressure on themselves to win every home game.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 02 June 2013 - 08:41 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#26 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Kings suck.

To think we were one good OT shot away from playing this team.  

Thinking the same thing. Although I think the east is going to annihilate the west in the finals. Just watching the game last night the east just looks faster. 

#27 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Kings are such a joke, this is why I have no interest in the playoffs from here on out. Turn on the tv and it's Hawks up 4-0, YAWN! Turn the channel.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#28 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm thinking right now the Kings are/could get SWEPT.

JEZUS

#29 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

This is what you get when you schedule a back 2 back

#30 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Kings are such a joke, this is why I have no interest in the playoffs from here on out. Turn on the tv and it's Hawks up 4-0, YAWN! Turn the channel.

I don't know, I think the finals will be pretty good this year.  You might not want to completely tune out.

#31 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

The Wings should be playing L.A. right now. I still can't believe that they blew a 3 games to 1 lead when they had Chicago right where they wanted them. I know Chicago is a really good team, but it is still disappointing to think that they could not win one more game.

#32 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Damn, the Kings look very beatable and the Wings had three chances to eliminate the Blackhawks.

Not mad at the Red Wings -- just seems like they could have possibly advanced to the Stanley Cup Final, which was nuts to consider even a month ago. 

Edited by GoWings1905, 02 June 2013 - 09:01 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#33 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Damn, the Kings look very beatable and the Wings had three chances to eliminate the Blackhawks.

Not mad at the Red Wings -- just seems like they could have possibly advanced to the Stanley Cup Final, which was nuts to consider even a month ago. 

I agree with someone else on here and it was puck luck that favored the Hawks in the OT.  It could of just as well as been us playing LA right now.

#34 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

But it isn't get over it people. What could have been isn't what is.

Sorry. If this thread is gonna be OMG we should be playing the Kings right now start another thread.

This thread is about the Kings vs Hawks series.

#35 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

I am sick of some of the Hawk's puck luck. Sure they got hosed by the refs twice, so did a lot of teams, problem is they get away with hits after the whistle with zero calls from refs or Shanahan. Then say we are playing too tough, yeah during the game we do, we don't do cheap s*** after the whistle.

But, we stink cause we couldn't score even when Crawford lost his stick. We lose a stick on almost every PP they that scored on us. Well, maybe half of them. They lost a stick against Kings, they just nonchalantly hand one to D-man, and then go get another from bench. Like walking on water.

Then Crawford gets bad bounce off glass and stacks the pads 10 feet out from crease like a goalie from the 80's and Kings can't get a shot into empty net... sigh

#36 hudson

hudson

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

I agree with someone else on here and it was puck luck that favored the Hawks in the OT.  It could of just as well as been us playing LA right now.

Its got nothing to do with "puck luck". The Hawks were playing like crap at the beginning of the last series. They have since found their game. If the Wings got a do-over and played them again the series would be over in 4 or 5 games now.

#37 HeavyMetalCareBear

HeavyMetalCareBear

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

It really pissed me off knowing that this could have been the Red Wings up by 2.

The Hawks didn't deserve to advance. Not saying it because I support Detroit, but, Chicago stole a game from us and played dirty. 

#38 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

First off, the Kings, throughout the postseason have been bad on the road and great at home.  This comes as no surprise.  Second, how we play and how the Kings play are completely different.  Babcock has us playing a system that helps support the defensemen with back checking forwards.  That strategy was negating that relentless "full court press" kind of pressure we saw from Chicago's forwards.   If the Hawks don't play us or a team like us, they're going to be successful with the way they're currently setup, which is why they did so well in the regular season.

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Kings are gonna need to take advantage of their great home record. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#40 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

I'd feel better about our series if the Hawks get a 3 game lead and then piss it away too.