• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCF : (5) Los Angeles Kings vs. (1) Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Kings suck.

To think we were one good OT shot away from playing this team.

Thinking the same thing. Although I think the east is going to annihilate the west in the finals. Just watching the game last night the east just looks faster.

Kings are such a joke, this is why I have no interest in the playoffs from here on out. Turn on the tv and it's Hawks up 4-0, YAWN! Turn the channel.

I don't know, I think the finals will be pretty good this year. You might not want to completely tune out.

The Wings should be playing L.A. right now. I still can't believe that they blew a 3 games to 1 lead when they had Chicago right where they wanted them. I know Chicago is a really good team, but it is still disappointing to think that they could not win one more game.

Damn, the Kings look very beatable and the Wings had three chances to eliminate the Blackhawks.

Not mad at the Red Wings -- just seems like they could have possibly advanced to the Stanley Cup Final, which was nuts to consider even a month ago.

Edited by GoWings1905

Damn, the Kings look very beatable and the Wings had three chances to eliminate the Blackhawks.

Not mad at the Red Wings -- just seems like they could have possibly advanced to the Stanley Cup Final, which was nuts to consider even a month ago.

I agree with someone else on here and it was puck luck that favored the Hawks in the OT. It could of just as well as been us playing LA right now.

I am sick of some of the Hawk's puck luck. Sure they got hosed by the refs twice, so did a lot of teams, problem is they get away with hits after the whistle with zero calls from refs or Shanahan. Then say we are playing too tough, yeah during the game we do, we don't do cheap s*** after the whistle.

But, we stink cause we couldn't score even when Crawford lost his stick. We lose a stick on almost every PP they that scored on us. Well, maybe half of them. They lost a stick against Kings, they just nonchalantly hand one to D-man, and then go get another from bench. Like walking on water.

Then Crawford gets bad bounce off glass and stacks the pads 10 feet out from crease like a goalie from the 80's and Kings can't get a shot into empty net... sigh

I agree with someone else on here and it was puck luck that favored the Hawks in the OT. It could of just as well as been us playing LA right now.

Its got nothing to do with "puck luck". The Hawks were playing like crap at the beginning of the last series. They have since found their game. If the Wings got a do-over and played them again the series would be over in 4 or 5 games now.

First off, the Kings, throughout the postseason have been bad on the road and great at home. This comes as no surprise. Second, how we play and how the Kings play are completely different. Babcock has us playing a system that helps support the defensemen with back checking forwards. That strategy was negating that relentless "full court press" kind of pressure we saw from Chicago's forwards. If the Hawks don't play us or a team like us, they're going to be successful with the way they're currently setup, which is why they did so well in the regular season.

I think being down 3-1 to the Wings (a division rival) was exactly what the Hawks needed to go all the way to the cup!

Along the way every championship team has that moment where either you strive and overcome or you fall by the wayside.

Coming back in 3 very close (even games 5 was close for all but like 10 minutes of Hawks domination).

That was a very tough series for the team and their Captain, just the sort of thing that will fuel them past LA with relative ease, and into the cup finals with a lot of momentum.

I think the Kings were riding a hot goaltender and are just not getting enough scoring all season and the post season!

The only line I see giving the Hawks trouble is the Penner - Carter - Toffoli (is that spelled right, prob not!).

Its got nothing to do with "puck luck". The Hawks were playing like crap at the beginning of the last series. They have since found their game. If the Wings got a do-over and played them again the series would be over in 4 or 5 games now.

Ah, yeah it does. It was tied in OT. We could have easily scored and moved on.

Hawks and Pens are 2 best teams in hockey and have been all year...we will see how that pans out for both in a few weeks.

Wings woke the Hawks up. Hawks crusied thru reg season and playoffs... Remind ya of any Wings teams.

Lets not forget, Hawks had a goal taken away in game 3 which really prolonged the series imo.

Hawks and Pens are head and shoulders above rest of league this year but they have to earn cup.

I hate both those teams AND we will

Hear all the talk of Dynasty blah blah if either Wins cup

Hawks had their one tuff series now will cruise into Finals over the Kings.

Edited by beachwing

Darryl Sutter confirming what is fairly obvious: Mike Richards not playing tonight (concussion)

Thought it was league policy to suspend the offending player for same amount of time as injury? Why Bolland still suiting up?

They also wait until blood drawn/seriousness of injury to determine penalty/suspension. This is partially tongue in cheek because I detest that method of punishment, however, since it exists, why do Hawks get off scott-free?

Edited by Rhah

As much as everyone should be going for the Kings in this series and them being like perfect at home great.

The unfortunate thing is they are going to have to win at least 1 in Chi town to win this series.

Sad but true.

AND really bad goal to give up in the last minute.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)