• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#61 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think in return, he should be able to hi stick whomever he wants....my vote is Shaw!!!!'

#62 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

"We at the League office aren't in the business of suspending star players. They need to be on the ice to make us money. And, as everyone knows, every player on the Hawks is a star in our eyes. They are the best team we have ever seen. Even Shaw and Bickell are top 6 players on any other team."

#63 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

Great win by the Kings! and wow Quick he was the difference. Brutal and careless play by Keith, should have been 5 and a game. He better get a few games for that, though I'm not holding my breath on it.

IPB Image

#64 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Chicago has been getting away with murder these playoffs. Still amazed that the slew foot by shaw did not get any attention from the league. I seriously think the reaction of NBC plays a big part in if it get looks at or not.

#65 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Chicago has been getting away with murder these playoffs. Still amazed that the slew foot by shaw did not get any attention from the league. I seriously think the reaction of NBC plays a big part in if it get looks at or not.

Yep, Flipper just "got tangled up" with Shaw at the benches.  Apparently if you're mad and apologize afterwards it's alright to skewer somebody's face with your stick.  Boooooools***!

esteef

edit: Not so fast Keith!

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

It sounds like there will be an NHL hearing for Duncan Keith later today.... waiting to find out more, stay tuned

Edited by esteef, 05 June 2013 - 11:14 AM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#66 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Saw that Keith has a scheduled hearing today.

I'm surprised tbh.

#67 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

For chuckles:

Shanahan's hearing with Keith: "Listen, I know you are upset about Game of Thrones, but you can't be hacking people in the face over it"

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#68 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'd be shocked if Keith got a suspension.

#69 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

One game suspension for Keith? lol

#70 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

I don't think it was suspension worthy. It was clear that he didn't intend to high stick Carter, he was just trying to return the slash Carter gave to Keith moments earlier, it was just bad luck. There have been far more plays that should have received the NHL's attention, but instead it is this mishap that Keith gets a 1 game suspension. Nothing about Bolland or Shaw's elbows to the head. Nothing about Crosby's elbow to the head, etc. Cooke didn't get anything.

40 for life.

#71 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

If Crosby did it the NHL would give the receiver a one game suspension.

#72 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Surprising, Chicago is losing and they call a ticky tack hook... like 0.5 seconds of a stick on guys thigh, not even above waist.

...and of course, the auto delay of game penalty for over the glass... except it went about 80 feet down ice before over... no way that deserves a penalty, it was obviously it was easily out of zone and not a tactic by PK. Not to mention, it should be legal just like icing is legal for a PK unit.

I'll just keep commenting, haha... now NBC announcers trying to say clearing Toews out from net after whistle/scrum in front of net should be penalty. Like what happens 99% of the time during regular season and playoffs to players who are near goaltender when he makes a save. The bias is sick and obvious.

#73 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

The Hawks just beat LA in LA for the first time in the playoffs... without Keith. They are looking pretty solid. Now how about the role reversal where Chicago loses 3 straight?

40 for life.

#74 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

disappointed in the loss.

#75 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Damn I guess LA isn't going to be perfect at home after all.

LA are done unless they have some sort of miracle comeback in them.

#76 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Looks like a Boston/Chicago Final. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#77 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

Looks like a Boston/Chicago Final.

Didn't Boston have a 3-0 lead versenphilly and ended up losing? I think I'll say its Boston verse Chicago when the rounds are done lol.

#78 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

Always wise to say that but the Penguins have, as expected, some serious problems with their D and Goalies right now. I don't think they'll come back.

But seeing LA having that many problems against the Hawks let's the Red Wings effort even shine brighter. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#79 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Streaks are made to be broken, just like LA could easily break their away game losing streak against an again over-confident Hawks team. Their success ends up being their undoing every time, egos galore... from Coach on down.

#80 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Always wise to say that but the Penguins have, as expected, some serious problems with their D and Goalies right now. I don't think they'll come back.

But seeing LA having that many problems against the Hawks let's the Red Wings effort even shine brighter. 

Vokoun has been solid for them, I think their most glaring concern is leadership. Who would want to be on a team captained by crysby? I honestly think the team was better with him injured