• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

I wonder if Edzo will do the finals.  If that's the case, bring on Jack Edwards and we can have a brawl in the broadcast booth.

GO BRUINS!

#122 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

I wonder if Edzo will do the finals.  If that's the case, bring on Jack Edwards and we can have a brawl in the broadcast booth.

GO BRUINS!

it will be emerick, edzo and pierre. book it. 

i actually thought Strader, Engblom and Pang were pretty good. 

#123 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

I agree about Strader, Engblom and Panger. If it is Eddie Ozone, I hope the arrogant, goon-oriented, no-captain Hawks lose BADLY. I wanna hear his voice go into another register like it did when we were beating them. Even if it means our dogs go and hide again.

LGB!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#124 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

it will be emerick, edzo and pierre. book it. 

i actually thought Strader, Engblom and Pang were pretty good. 

those three are good. 

Especially compared to Edzo.  

If he calls the finals games it's going to be brutal.  I've joked about it before but I think he probably would wear his Hawks jersey as he called the game. 

#125 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

those three are good. 

Especially compared to Edzo.  

If he calls the finals games it's going to be brutal.  I've joked about it before but I think he probably would wear his Hawks jersey as he called the game. 

Neither Edzo's preternatural homerism toward the Blackhawks nor the dislike of legions of fans for his commentary will compel NBC, in its wisdom, to give the viewers an impartial color commentator whom they actually enjoy.

#126 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Curious hypothetical, had the coin flipped to the other side in game 7 OT and we played Kings. Could we have beaten them? They looked pretty vulnerable and Quick seemed more mortal than normal (although stats have shown he implodes more often against Hawks than other teams). Would we have been out of gas? Only our rookies seemed energetic there at the end, it seemed...

#127 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

I think the Wings would lose to the Kings, unless someone decided to start scoring goals the Wings probably lose in 7 games a bunch of 1-0 or 2-1 games.

But I also never thought they would take Ana to 7, let alone beat them and then take the Hawks to 7.

Plus I think a healthy Dekeyser would have changed that D drastically!

The Hawks made Quick look mortal, imo, because they had two red hot lines and a third one going pretty good.

The Wings had one line going pretty good and 3 struggling to get things done.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock