• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The CapGeek Thread

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Post your lineup from www.capgeek.com and comment on other lineups here.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($5.000m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.500m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.500m) / Damien Brunner ($2.000m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Drew Miller ($1.200m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($2.000m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.000m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.000m)
Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.567m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,644,545; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,665,455

2 Difficult Moves = Getting Horton and Trading Colo.

Easy Moves = Buyouts and Signing Everyone to big raises.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) /
Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) /
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.950m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($0.950m)
Jakub Kindl ($1.050m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

OTHER
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $46,948,333; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $18,361,667

I traded Franzen and Quincey to Dallas for a 1st round pick and Filppula to Anaheim for 1st round pick. That is THREE 1st round picks for us this draft. Obvious buyouts of Bert and Sammy. Re-signed the kids at modest raises. Recalled Tatar. Now, this leaves $18.3M to find offensive TOP 6 help. That should WAY enough cash to get TWO top 6 talents. Who that may be I will leave to your imagination.

Edited by LeftWinger

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Michael Ryder ($3.500m) More scoring
Nathan Horton ($4.500m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) More grit and scoring
Gustav Nyquist ($1.500m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.500m) / Damien Brunner ($1.500m) Badass third line where nyquist and brunner can be capable of playing 1st and 2nd line minutes
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) heres your speed grit and PK line
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($1.500m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.050m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jared Coreau ($0.925m)
OTHER
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,994,545; BONUSES: $1,192,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $297,955

maybe trade quincey for picks and pick up leopold, murray, or streit

cant beat those 4 lines. id love to get rid of gustavsson too and bring up mrazek

Edited by brett

Guest Hatethedrake!

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Danny Cleary ($2.000m)
Drew Miller ($0.850m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.000m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,127,879; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $10,182,121

This is not the roster I WISH for. It is my best educated guess as to what Kenny WILL do. I do not buy for a minute in what he says in regards to keeping Bert and Sammy. There is simply no room unless we plan on rolling 5 lines. Cola is not needed now with the addition of Danny D plus Lashoff proving he can at least provide solid depth. Pay a #7 dman 2.5 mil a season? I do not see it. Cola has 1 more year left on his contract so Kenny should be able to deal him for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. Cleary is loved by both Kenny and Babs. Anyone who thinks he will NOT be back is in denial. Miller is cheap depth who Babs loves as well so he will be kept. Plus Miller wants to be here and will accept any role given to him. He also knows how many injuries we run into during the season so he will end up getting plenty of ice time. Emdog will stay because he is young, cheap and insurance for Helm if he cannot play.

Kenny will certainly make offers for UFAs and explore the compliance buyout market. However I do not see him signing anyone who can really help us. We will have plenty of cap space and Kenny will tell us what he always does. That he will use the cap space at the trade deadline. The deadline will come and go and the roster will not change. I learned my lesson last summer in getting my hopes up for UFAs Parise and Suter. I even hoped we could sign Weber when he would have become a UFA this summer. But that did not happen. It is nice for us fans to WANT good players in their prime who can make our team better. But so do 29 other teams. Teams overpay for UFAs and teams who are responsible and who build their teams through the draft and do things the right way usually do not make these mistakes. Kenny will not be dumb and give a guy like Horton 7.5 mil a season on a long term deal plus a no trade clause. FWIW I see Horton accepting less to stay in Boston. Why wouldn't he? I see Clarkson staying in NJ for way more than he is worth.

I hate to be negative but we have to be realistic here. Look at Kenny's recent track record. Is there anything over the past 6 summers which would make us believe he will do anything of significance? I don't mind going with the kids and seeing them improve. We are a good hockey team. I believe we will be a Cup contender next season. I just don't see us acquiring what many Wings fans think we will. Or hope we will. Supply and demand. There is much more demand and too little supply. GM's who need to make headlines and try and save their jobs will be the ones overpaying for above average 2nd liners in the UFA market. Kenny is not one of these GMs.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

You honestly think Anaheim is going to give up their 1st pick for the rights to Filppula, who's about to become an unrestricted free agent?

It happens all the time...if a team really wants a player they will make the deal and then offer him the money...Anaheim was just a suggestion. Someone who is in dire need for a 2nd line center would be willing to do so just so they get the exclusive bargaining rights to him before July 5th. It has happened before and will continue to happen. Of course someone with a top 15 pick may not offer their 1st, but someone in the bottom 20 just might...

I have to ask. Why are some so quick to buy out tootoo? I thought we wanted to get tough going into the east?

Tootoo did everything that was asked of him and since next season won't be a sprint to the playoffs, he will get even more playing time and have a bigger role on this team.... I too am perplexed why everyone wants to ditch him. I guess they think that every F/A power forward tough guy is going to come flocking to the Wings this July... Tootoo is more valuable to this team than Franzen...

HatetheDrake, I don't like getting my hopes up either and that is the most reason why I don't like to drop names too much. When I do suggest names, I usually just say them because they are the type of player I want to see on this team. If we replaced Fil and Franzen with Ryder and Dupuis, I think this team becomes better. But I am not getting my hopes up for those exact two guys. I also like Burrows & Cole, but they would have to be traded for...

Edited by LeftWinger

It happens all the time...if a team really wants a player they will make the deal and then offer him the money...Anaheim was just a suggestion. Someone who is in dire need for a 2nd line center would be willing to do so just so they get the exclusive bargaining rights to him before July 5th. It has happened before and will continue to happen. Of course someone with a top 15 pick may not offer their 1st, but someone in the bottom 20 just might...

When was the last time a team traded their #1 pick for a soon to be UFA, just for the rights to the player?

Seems absolutely ludicrous to this poster.

FORWARDS
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.500m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($3.000m)
Danny Cleary ($2.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Tomas Jurco ($0.925m)
Drew Miller ($1.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
Jakub Kindl ($2.500m) / Alexei Marchenko ($0.667m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Nick Jensen ($0.765m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($1.000m)
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $54,074,545; BONUSES: $1,412,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $11,637,955

I want to see more physical 3rd and 4th lines and more skilled 1st and 2nd lines. Plus Kenny needs to realize that we have a lot of young players who are NHL ready. They need some icetime in Detroit to improve. In five years, when Z, Pav and probably Kronner are gone, we need some new stars.

Maybe Kenny can find a good right handed defender to fill the capspace a little bit.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Michael Ryder ($3.500m) More scoring

Nathan Horton ($4.500m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) More grit and scoring

Gustav Nyquist ($1.500m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.500m) / Damien Brunner ($1.500m) Badass third line where nyquist and brunner can be capable of playing 1st and 2nd line minutes

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) heres your speed grit and PK line

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jared Coreau ($0.925m)

OTHER

------

cant beat those 4 lines. id love to get rid of gustavsson too and bring up mrazek

I very much enjoy this.

People don't EVER trade first rounders for negotiation rights. The rights to James Wisniewski were traded for a conditional seventh round pick, the rights for Brad Stuart were traded for a conditional seventh and the negotiation rights to Andrew Murray. Unless you're suggesting a sign and trade for Filppula there is exactly zero chance we get a first for him, maybe at the trade deadline, but not now. And even then, when has Ken Holland ever signed and traded anyone?

Trading a 1st round pick for a UFA? A 7th rounder sure. A 6th rounder if you're lucky. Even that would be a conditional pick. But a first? You'd be hard pressed to get a first rounder for Flip (based on this season) at the trade deadline, let alone a month away from a bidding war.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.750m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.500m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Danny Cleary ($2.300m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.200m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($1.200m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,904,545; BONUSES: $850,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,245,455

Ok, I tried to be realistic and not make too many changes as that's not really Holland's way. So I gave all the kids the raises they deserved. I waived, traded, or bought out Emmy, Sammy, and Lashoff. I let Flip walk and gave the money he wanted to Steven Weiss as he'd already been on the Wings radar and is the kind of second line center that Holland likes. Finally, I resigned Cleary at a slight decrease in pay, though there's cap room enough that either he wouldn't have to take the cut, or the kids could each get a little more money.

I like Stephen Weiss, I just don't know if you can justify a raising his salary by 50% based on his play this season. If you're just paying for "hope" you might just as well keep Filppula.

I'm not basing it on hope, he was injured most of this year and played on a garbage team. You look at his numbers and he's trended upward, consistently putting up 20+ goals the last three seasons. Plus his stats show that he produces more with more ice time, kills penalties, produces on the powerplay, plays solid defense.

Basically he's Filppula but can score, on the market he'll get at least what I'm giving him, probably more.

I'm not even totally sold on this line-up, but I think it's fairly realistic. The buyouts are wishful thinking, maybe. I feel like teams are really buying into the whole puck retrieval thing on each line, sticking in a grinder/net presence guy on there. Doing this line-up kind of made me wonder where Johan fits in, though... but I think with Goose feeding he and Z the puck, it could work out as a line. Ryder shoots a ton and would be a good trigger guy with Dats, given what's out there on the FA market.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Michael Ryder ($4.500m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.200m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.200m) / Damien Brunner ($3.000m)
Drew Miller ($0.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.250m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
OTHER
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,602,879; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $4,707,121

People don't EVER trade first rounders for negotiation rights. The rights to James Wisniewski were traded for a conditional seventh round pick, the rights for Brad Stuart were traded for a conditional seventh and the negotiation rights to Andrew Murray. Unless you're suggesting a sign and trade for Filppula there is exactly zero chance we get a first for him, maybe at the trade deadline, but not now. And even then, when has Ken Holland ever signed and traded anyone?

Agreed. The other poster's idea to trade Filppula's rights for a first is not logical. 7th, MAYBE 6th round pick. The Wings lost their opportunity to get any value from Filppula when the trade deadline passed. I saw a tweet somewhere from Nick Cotsonika that said Boston wanted Filppula and Cleary. I would LOVE to know what they were offering in return.........

Also, sign-and-trades are a basketball thing, they rarely if ever happen in hockey. Maybe once every 10 years or so. If that.

Guest Crymson

Leopold was Buffalo's worst defenseman, and San Jose couldn't wait to get rid of Murray. No thanks. Streit won't be leaving the Isles.

I don't think you've been watching the Calder Cup playoffs, else you would know that Mrazek is absolutely not ready for the NHL.

Guest The Axe

Seems like most people are ok with us using our buyouts on Samuelsson. Bertuzzi about 50/50. I just hope we use them.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Michael Ryder ($3.500m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.788m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)
Damien Brunner ($1.350m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.605m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($0.827m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
OTHER
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,997,254; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $9,312,746

I traded Coliacovo and unfortunately Tootoo. Amnesty buyout on Sammy and once again unfortunately Tuzzi. Tuzzi is broken and Tootoo may as well play somewhere.

I re-signed the Wings players I wanted to keep and added Horton and Ryder. Horton as the power forward to play with Dats, and Ryder cause the Habs aren't re-signing him and he's a sniper who would be great with Goose and Z. Other than that, status quo with Tatar up full time. That's a Cup contender.

I would go after Clarkson, but in all reality, he will likely be a Leaf next season.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jared Coreau ($0.925m)

OTHER

------

I didn't even read this before I posted mine, but we signed the same 2 guys and we both let Flip walk. I would keep Q though and let him go after next season, same goes for Gustavsson. Then I'd take another look at Mrazek to see if he's a capable back up for Howard and I'd fast track Sproul and maybe get Backman up with him in 2014 depending on how our D is performing. Ouellet will likely be more on the fast track as well.

I didn't even read this before I posted mine, but we signed the same 2 guys and we both let Flip walk. I would keep Q though and let him go after next season, same goes for Gustavsson. Then I'd take another look at Mrazek to see if he's a capable back up for Howard and I'd fast track Sproul and maybe get Backman up with him in 2014 depending on how our D is performing. Ouellet will likely be more on the fast track as well.

I am not so sure that Q will be let go after next season. I guess it all depends on Cola and how he plays and stays healthy. I am not so sure that both Q and Cola walk, that leaves two spots to fill. I am all for not having Q on this team, but I am also not so sure that with all the rookies this past season on D, that Holland will feel comfortable in another year having two more unproven rookies on D again. I think if Q does not get traded that, unless Holland has another player on his mind, he re-signs here again and Cola leaves...

Kronwall - Ericsson

Dekeyser - Quincey

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff (with appearances by Sproul)

That will be your 7 defenders the year after next. Of course, barring trade's. I said in another thread that Q would be the most likely traded from the D, but if not him, then Kindl...but I really think Holland is happy with his D and probably won't touch it unless its a deal he cannot refuse...

I traded Franzen and Quincey to Dallas for a 1st round pick and Filppula to Anaheim for 1st round pick. That is THREE 1st round picks for us this draft. Obvious buyouts of Bert and Sammy. Re-signed the kids at modest raises. Recalled Tatar. Now, this leaves $18.3M to find offensive TOP 6 help. That should WAY enough cash to get TWO top 6 talents. Who that may be I will leave to your imagination.

Looking at the draft order, Dallas (#10 overall) won't be trading their 1st to us for Franz and Q, so I take that trade back. I do agree that a pending UFA won't garner a 1st in the off season either, so I take that back. BUT I still trade those three guys, just not for as much as I first expected...

I am not so sure that Q will be let go after next season. I guess it all depends on Cola and how he plays and stays healthy. I am not so sure that both Q and Cola walk, that leaves two spots to fill. I am all for not having Q on this team, but I am also not so sure that with all the rookies this past season on D, that Holland will feel comfortable in another year having two more unproven rookies on D again. I think if Q does not get traded that, unless Holland has another player on his mind, he re-signs here again and Cola leaves...

Kronwall - Ericsson

Dekeyser - Quincey

Smith - Kindl

Lashoff (with appearances by Sproul)

That will be your 7 defenders the year after next. Of course, barring trade's. I said in another thread that Q would be the most likely traded from the D, but if not him, then Kindl...but I really think Holland is happy with his D and probably won't touch it unless its a deal he cannot refuse...

When we have the likes of Sproul, Ouellet, Backman, Jensen, Nicastro, Almqvist, McKee and such coming up through the ranks, we don't need to keep signing ok Dmen for a couple years to bridge gaps. We need to give the spot on the team to the best player that we have. After next year, the best Dmen we have will likely be the first 3 on that list that will be fighting for 1 or 2 spots on the Wings. So as much as I like Smith, he better prove his worth this year coming up and Lashoff should show he's a shutdown guy, or they can be packaged for a forward and Sproul, Ouellet and Backman can take the reigns.

When we have the likes of Sproul, Ouellet, Backman, Jensen, Nicastro, Almqvist, McKee and such coming up through the ranks, we don't need to keep signing ok Dmen for a couple years to bridge gaps. We need to give the spot on the team to the best player that we have. After next year, the best Dmen we have will likely be the first 3 on that list that will be fighting for 1 or 2 spots on the Wings. So as much as I like Smith, he better prove his worth this year coming up and Lashoff should show he's a shutdown guy, or they can be packaged for a forward and Sproul, Ouellet and Backman can take the reigns.

Sounds good to me! I never have like Q, so I won't be heartbroken if he isn't here! Plus I am all for the rebirth of the Red Wings as well!