• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Which UFA would help the Wings the most?

Rate this topic

Which UFA would help the Wings most?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's definitely some decent options out there. But out of all the available free agents I think adding a guy like David Clarkson would be a perfect fit for what we need. The guy can score goals in bunches and is tough as nails. Put him on a line with Pavel or Hank and not only would he help out offensively but he would have their backs if any cheap dirty stuff goes down. What do you guys think? Who would you love to see Kenny sign the most?

I voted Clarkson just because he could be the net-front guy that we desperately need.

Raymond was my runner-up.

This team needs two things:

1. More crease crashers

2. More top-end speed

Clarckson brings the jam, Raymond brings the wheels.

Stalberg fits both those criteria

Raymond is fast, but he doesn't go to the net, is soft in the corners and brings nothing to the table come the playoffs. I wouldn't touch him.

I voted Clarkson just because he could be the net-front guy that we desperately need.

Raymond was my runner-up.

This team needs two things:

1. More crease crashers

2. More top-end speed

Clarckson brings the jam, Raymond brings the wheels.

Pascal Dupuis is a veteran on a hot streak. Pitt can't keep all those guys. Dupuis is only getting paid $1.5M right now and getting older, so he shouldn't expect anything outrageous (e.g., $4M or above). He's a consistently healthy guy who averages 40 points/season.

yup. is boston really tight on money? because it looks like he isnt going anywhere.

They have $6.6M to spend on 6 players, so yes I would consider them tight on money.

Other teams that are tight against the cap that may have to use their amnesty buyouts include...

Philadelphia - $3.3M over the cap / 2 players over the 23 man roster.

Vancouver - $0.9M over the cap / 5 players under the 23 man roster.

Chicago - $2.0M under the cap / 2 players under the 23 man roster.

Tampa Bay - $3.3M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Boston - $6.6M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Carolina - $7.6M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Pittsburgh - $7.8M under the cap / 5 players under the 23 man roster.

San Jose - $8.6M under the cap / 8 players under the 23 man roster.

Minnesota - $9.1M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Los Angeles - $10.9M under the cap / 8 players under the 23 man roster.

The Flyers, Canucks and Lightning are the only 3 teams that I would consider definites to use their amnesty buyout as they don't have any other choice. There are also another half dozen teams very likely to use theirs aswell, most likely the Bruins, Hurricanes, Sharks and Kings.

1. Clarkson

2. Horton

Those are my top 2 with Ryder as #3. I chose Horton though cause despite Clarkson as a potential great fit for the Wings, I fully expect him to be a Leaf next season. He grew up a huge Wendel Clark and Leafs fan and rumour states we're #2 on his list. Horton is just as good as him, maybe better and as you can see, dude is a clutch performer. So I'd go with:

1. Horton

2. Clarkson

3. Ryder

They have $6.6M to spend on 6 players, so yes I would consider them tight on money.

Other teams that are tight against the cap that may have to use their amnesty buyouts include...

Philadelphia - $3.3M over the cap / 2 players over the 23 man roster.

Vancouver - $0.9M over the cap / 5 players under the 23 man roster.

Chicago - $2.0M under the cap / 2 players under the 23 man roster.

Tampa Bay - $3.3M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Boston - $6.6M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Carolina - $7.6M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Pittsburgh - $7.8M under the cap / 5 players under the 23 man roster.

San Jose - $8.6M under the cap / 8 players under the 23 man roster.

Minnesota - $9.1M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Los Angeles - $10.9M under the cap / 8 players under the 23 man roster.

The Flyers, Canucks and Lightning are the only 3 teams that I would consider definites to use their amnesty buyout as they don't have any other choice. There are also another half dozen teams very likely to use theirs aswell, most likely the Bruins, Hurricanes, Sharks and Kings.

Canucks and Flyers are pooched. The Pens traded away future guys for Morrow, Iginla and Murray to try and squeeze out 1 more Cup and then they'll have zero depth beyond Malkin, Crysby and Neal for the foreseeable future. And they'll soon find out how hard it is to maintain a long term playoff team without top 5 picks every year for a decade!! HAHAHA f***ers!

Penner could be a cheap solution to the size problem. I don't know if I would want him though

People complain about Franzen's effort level game to game...I do like Penner none the less though, Id rather see a line of Z, Mule, Penner then Z, Mule, Flip thats for sure.

The Flyers aren't really in that much trouble with the Cap. Remember Pronger doesn't count against it because he'll be on LTIR until his contract is up.

They actually have about 5 million is space to re-sign Gagne and to round out their roster.

Capgeek is a little inaccurate with Philly's roster because they had so many injuries at the end of the season. There are a lot of guys on their Capgeek roster that will be back in the minors freeing up a bunch of space there as well as Pronger's money.

Edited by FlashyG

Well we definitely learned a few things in this poll so far: Most of us want either Clarkson or Horton (how bout both Kenny?), Michael Ryder and Bryan Bickell would please some of us, and absolutely no one wants anything to do with Mason Raymond. :lol:

Here's hoping Kenny will spend wisely!