• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Which UFA would help the Wings the most?

Rate this topic

Which UFA would help the Wings most?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaStrozyk/statuses/341950487207227393#!/MaStrozyk/statuses/341950487207227393

3 teams interested in Jimmie Ericsson from Sweden. He's our Ericsson's brother so I wouldnr be surprised if we're one of the three. He's 6'2', 212lbs and described as a gritty forward who likes to go into the hard areas. The downside is that he's 33 years old.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1103

He could be a cheap solution if we strike out on some of the popular free agents

Edited by wingsfan4795

So, heard a stat today about Horton. Boston hasn't lost a series he has played in. He was hurt last year when they lost.

He also has 34 points in 37 playoff games, and a +32!!!! That is insane playoff hockey.

I guess I posted here cause I was getting the impression from other threads that people were so ga ga over BIckell instead of players like this... c'mon man. I am not sure Bickell current play has gotten him to the Horton level of salary yet, since Horton is doing just as well, but if both were equal, you'd be crazy to choose Bickell over Horton.

Guest Johnz96

So, heard a stat today about Horton. Boston hasn't lost a series he has played in. He was hurt last year when they lost.

He also has 34 points in 37 playoff games, and a +32!!!! That is insane playoff hockey.

I guess I posted here cause I was getting the impression from other threads that people were so ga ga over BIckell instead of players like this... c'mon man. I am not sure Bickell current play has gotten him to the Horton level of salary yet, since Horton is doing just as well, but if both were equal, you'd be crazy to choose Bickell over Horton.

Why Would you be crazy to pick Bickell over Horton? Bickell is a lot more physical, doesn't have concussion issues, will be more affordable and has never before had the opportunity to produce like he is getting now. What was Horton doing during the regular season? Floating? He hits less often than Franzen.

Horton would ne great if your willing to for up 6mill+ per year for likely several years. Not sure Detroit can afford that unless they buy guys out or trade. I would love Horton though

Guest Johnz96

Horton would ne great if your willing to for up 6mill+ per year for likely several years. Not sure Detroit can afford that unless they buy guys out or trade. I would love Horton though

I think he will end up getting a little less than that. I think he would be a great fit for the Wings, if they can afford him. Fortunately I think most good teams can't (except maybe the Blues but I don't think they like throwing money around). So it weill come down to what he wants more; a big payday or to win.

If we can get one or (even better) 2 of Iginla, Horton, Bickell, Clarkson, Zubrus or Heatley (probable buy out), and rid ourselves of some of the redundant and over the hill players we have, I think we can be top contenders for the Cup next year.

Edited by Johnz96

I still believe that what this team needs is a goal scorer. Getting bigger and meaner is all fine and dandy, but their biggest issue was putting the puck in the net. Ryder, Horton or Iginla would be fine with me. I still feel like Clarkson might be a bit fluky. He was prone to dry spells during the year, and is really a net-front presence that complimented Kovalchuk, imo.

Bickell Wants To Stay In Chicago

Story

"Yeah, definitely, (I'd like to re-sign with the Blackhawks)," Bickell said during the Stanley Cup finals media day. "I got drafted in '04 with this team. I think this is a second home to me. To be brought up through the minor leagues and being here the last couple years has been an honor. I feel this is a home to me. I have a lot of friends and family with me in the city. I enjoy it a lot here."

I'm sure he wouldn't say, "Hell no, I want to get out of here as soon as possible" even if it was true at this point.

I voted Ribeiro and Ryder. Age aside both can score pretty consistently which is what I think we need the most. I'm pretty confident that Clarkson had a Hartnell-like season and won't meet those offensive numbers again going forward. Just my opinion.

Guest Johnz96

I voted Ribeiro and Ryder. Age aside both can score pretty consistently which is what I think we need the most. I'm pretty confident that Clarkson had a Hartnell-like season and won't meet those offensive numbers again going forward. Just my opinion.

He scored 30 last year and 15 in 48 games this year (27goal pace over 82 games).

I think he will end up getting a little less than that. I think he would be a great fit for the Wings, if they can afford him. Fortunately I think most good teams can't (except maybe the Blues but I don't think they like throwing money around). So it weill come down to what he wants more; a big payday or to win.

If we can get one or (even better) 2 of Iginla, Horton, Bickell, Clarkson, Zubrus or Heatley (probable buy out), and rid ourselves of some of the redundant and over the hill players we have, I think we can be top contenders for the Cup next year.

No to Heatley. Don't need him in the locker room.

I too voted for Clarkson. That would be awsome. However, if this Mlive article is correct. There will be no Clarkson. Holland needs to trilm some fat and let some people walk, including Cleary and either Miller or Eaves. They won't have the money to sign Clarkson if they resign Cleary.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/06/red_wings_hoping_to_sign_veter.html

I too voted for Clarkson. That would be awsome. However, if this Mlive article is correct. There will be no Clarkson. Holland needs to trilm some fat and let some people walk, including Cleary and either Miller or Eaves. They won't have the money to sign Clarkson if they resign Cleary.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/06/red_wings_hoping_to_sign_veter.html

I'm not all Capgeek crazy but if we let Filppula walk, cut Sammy, and sign our essential FA's...how is it we won't have money? If we resign Cleary, which I desperately hope we don't do (sorry Dan, its time for us to move on), it should be for dirt cheap anyway...the guy doesn't have a spot to play in anymore.

Zetterberg, Dasyuk, Brunner, Franzen, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson are or need to be constant top 9 guys all year.

That leaves two spots in the top 9 which Abby arguably may own one of now. The fourth line should not include Dan Cleary, Bertuzzi, or Samuelsson...because, well, because I said so. Emmerton, Eaves, Miller, Helm, and Tootoo can make a good fourth line.

So, its pretty obvious that a physical, scoring winger is the ticket. I voted Clarkson, id take Iginla, and I want Bickell if all else fails. I highly doubt any of that happens though. I see us holding onto Bert until he discintegrates and asking him to do more than he's capable of. We'll probably resign Cleary under the same guise just to piss me off.

Guest The Axe

I suppose the Stanley Cup final probably will be weighed by some on here as the...

Horton vs Bickell Cup

Horton just checked out.

Horton left the game tonight with an (undisclosed?) injury and didn't return.

I notice people here are generally very high on Horton. My feeling is, if we're gonna pay up (read: out the ass) for a power-forward, that power-forward shouldn't be one with serious injury issues.

Iginla is not a powerforward at this point in his career but don't let his Pittsburgh stint fool you he is way better than that, their supercoach just missused him.

Even with that said, I'd take Clarkson over any of the guys, this has to be one of the worst UFA pools ever but with the Penguins paying up for Malkin I can see us in the hunt for Letang soon

Iginla is not a powerforward at this point in his career but don't let his Pittsburgh stint fool you he is way better than that, their supercoach just missused him.Even with that said, I'd take Clarkson over any of the guys, this has to be one of the worst UFA pools ever but with the Penguins paying up for Malkin I can see us in the hunt for Letang soon

I think this is a really good free agent pool. There aren't superstars, but there are a ton of good second line guys. We rarely sign superstars anyway.

Also, it could turn unto a great free agent year with all the potential buyouts. Heatley, Richards, lecavalier(?) Etc...

Edited by wingsfan4795

Iginla is not a powerforward at this point in his career but don't let his Pittsburgh stint fool you he is way better than that, their supercoach just missused him.Even with that said, I'd take Clarkson over any of the guys, this has to be one of the worst UFA pools ever but with the Penguins paying up for Malkin I can see us in the hunt for Letang soon

I hate Letang. Spot-picking, diving, embellishing piece of sheet.

Guest Johnz96

Iginla is not a powerforward at this point in his career but don't let his Pittsburgh stint fool you he is way better than that, their supercoach just missused him. Even with that said, I'd take Clarkson over any of the guys, this has to be one of the worst UFA pools ever but with the Penguins paying up for Malkin I can see us in the hunt for Letang soon

Only 2 Wings forwards had more hits than Iggy and he is a better fighter than anyone on the Wings still.

i love the idea of bigger, meaner...but the choices are very limited.

im more inclined to replace flip with weiss..

emmerton, cleary, sammy,bertuzzi,tootoo out and burmistrov in....

and add in streit if he denies the flyers.

i would be extremely happy with this set up.

zett/brunner/andersson

pav/burmi/nyquist

franzen/weiss/albinogator

helm?/eaves/miller

tatar

i love the idea of bigger, meaner...but the choices are very limited.

im more inclined to replace flip with weiss..

emmerton, cleary, sammy,bertuzzi,tootoo out and burmistrov in....

and add in streit if he denies the flyers.

i would be extremely happy with this set up.

zett/brunner/andersson

pav/burmi/nyquist

franzen/weiss/albinogator

helm?/eaves/miller

tatar

weiss and burmistrov? hell yes.