• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Which UFA would help the Wings the most?

Rate this topic

Which UFA would help the Wings most?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i still wouldnt mind ryder. i actually really wanted him 2 years ago. he scored 51 goals in the last 2 seasons with a cap hit of 3.5. thats not too shabby. he also stays healthy having played at least 70 games every year since he got in the league.

i was a bigger fan 2 years ago when he was 2 years younger. but could still be a quality complimentary player for the top 6. but with all the guys we have under contract and all the young guys we need to cycle in, its probably not worth it.

i love the idea of bigger, meaner...but the choices are very limited.

im more inclined to replace flip with weiss..

emmerton, cleary, sammy,bertuzzi,tootoo out and burmistrov in....

and add in streit if he denies the flyers.

i would be extremely happy with this set up.

zett/brunner/andersson

pav/burmi/nyquist

franzen/weiss/albinogator

helm?/eaves/miller

tatar

No offense but this lineup while highly skilled would get easily smocked in the east. MacLaren, Orr, Thornton, Lucic, Prust would be having a free ride everytime they are going to play against the Wings.

Although I agree, the choices are extremely limited but there are at least some, hopefully Holland knows what needs to be done in order to survive the division. I think Burmistrov is KHL bound, Weiss is not a bigtime player and our only two superstars could need some bigtime players or at least some guys who can make room for them, Weiss does neither.

Guest Johnz96

I don't know why people keep suggesting smaller skilled guys. Abdelkader obviously doesn't belong in the top 6 but Babcock feels he needs someone bigger and physical there. Tatar, Nyquist and Brunner could have scored a ton with him but they don't get the opportunity because he feels he needs some size and toughness there. We don't need Richards, Weiss, Burmistrov, Elias, Roy, Bozak, Briere, Boyes, Ribeiro, Ryder... (all these guys don't offer anything we don't already have plenty of and it's only a matter of time before Tatar and Nyquist are regarded as better than most of them anyway maybe even as soon as next year and it wouldn't cost us a big hit against the cap like those guys would)
We either need a power forward, for Babcock to reconsider or a new coach. Having Tatar on Pav's wing instead of Abby would have made that line a lot more productive and Abby on the bottom 6 would have made the bottom 6 more effective and it probabaly would have made the difference between winning and losing against the Hawks.

No offense but this lineup while highly skilled would get easily smocked in the east. MacLaren, Orr, Thornton, Lucic, Prust would be having a free ride everytime they are going to play against the Wings. Although I agree, the choices are extremely limited but there are at least some, hopefully Holland knows what needs to be done in order to survive the division. I think Burmistrov is KHL bound, Weiss is not a bigtime player and our only two superstars could need some bigtime players or at least some guys who can make room for them, Weiss does neither.

They're not that limited.
Iginla, Clarkson, Horton,Bickell, Zubrus, Dupuis and there will be some buyouts.
I would trade Nyquist+ for Panik amd we woiuld still have some cap room to make adjustments if needed.

Edited by Johnz96

Horton is the best player on the list & the one that could help our team the most, bar none. Now, will the price be too high???? that's the question. However,,, I would take the 5+ that Flip is asking, (send his bags a packing) and then pick up the extra somewhere, if that's what it takes to get Horton.

By the way, Bickell has been put back on Shaw line this last game and might have been in game 1 too, and he hasn't been the same offensive powerhouse everyone was worshipping earlier in playoffs.

By the way, Bickell has been put back on Shaw line this last game and might have been in game 1 too, and he hasn't been the same offensive powerhouse everyone was worshipping earlier in playoffs.

he had a great series against us, but he is definitely not someone i would put as a high value target. he is a depth guy. the wings need a legit top 6 guy.

Guest DeGraa55

he had a great series against us, but he is definitely not someone i would put as a high value target. he is a depth guy. the wings need a legit top 6 guy.

Bickell is an upgrade over Abby. Bickell to me is a middle 6 guy....very capable of playing on second line.

Bickell is an upgrade over Abby. Bickell to me is a middle 6 guy....very capable of playing on second line.

With the way the two play right now, Bickell is an upgrade offensively a maybe physically. Abby is faster.

Bickell's going to get paid though. Like 4M per year. Is he twice as good as Abby, who makes 1.85 per ?

I'd love to have them both, but I'd rather take Bickell money + trimming-the-fat money and spend it on Clarkson or Horton. Legit top six wingers.

Guest The Axe

Horton is awesome. Boston will not let him go, so cancel plans for him.

Guest DeGraa55

With the way the two play right now, Bickell is an upgrade offensively a maybe physically. Abby is faster.

Bickell's going to get paid though. Like 4M per year. Is he twice as good as Abby, who makes 1.85 per ?

I'd love to have them both, but I'd rather take Bickell money + trimming-the-fat money and spend it on Clarkson or Horton. Legit top six wingers.

See I agree Horton or vlarkson should be top priority. But bickell as a plan b isn't all that bad either. You bring up a valid point as well. Money is a question. But I think 4m is OK but any more then its too much.

Boston have 18 players signed for next year with only $4M cap space. Rask is an RFA, and 2/3 of their line-up have NTCs . They're going to have to do some major roster surgery to sign Rask AND Horton AND fill out their roster.

Guest The Axe

Boston have 18 players signed for next year with only $4M cap space. Rask is an RFA, and 2/3 of their line-up have NTCs . They're going to have to do some major roster surgery to sign Rask AND Horton AND fill out their roster.

They will figure out a way.

Guest Kronstantinov

Bickell Wants To Stay In Chicago

Story

I'm sure he wouldn't say, "Hell no, I want to get out of here as soon as possible" even if it was true at this point.

And I'm sure Chicago would love to retain him but they probably won't have any cap space.

I voted Ribeiro and Ryder. Age aside both can score pretty consistently which is what I think we need the most. I'm pretty confident that Clarkson had a Hartnell-like season and won't meet those offensive numbers again going forward. Just my opinion.

Ribeiro and Ryder soon to be poor man's Nyquist and Tatar.

Guest Kronstantinov

I don't think the Bruins will have cap space for him.