No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Potential Players being Bought Out This Summer

Rate this topic

just thinking about some players who might be available around the league

Philadelphia - Briere , bryzgalov

Tampa Bay - Malone

Montreal - Kaberle ... maybe moen? (alot of ppl are unhappy with him)

Nyr - Richards

Pens - Fleury?? ...Martin

Buff - Leino ??

Leafs - Komisarek

Vanc - Booth , Ballard

if anyone can think of anybody feel free to add them ... im thinking maybe on a one year deal ryan malone might be worth the risk if hes available

Guest Johnz96

just thinking about some players who might be available around the league

Philadelphia - Briere , bryzgalov

Tampa Bay - Malone

Montreal - Kaberle ... maybe moen? (alot of ppl are unhappy with him)

Nyr - Richards

Pens - Fleury?? ...Martin

Buff - Leino ??

Leafs - Komisarek

Vanc - Booth , Ballard

if anyone can think of anybody feel free to add them ... im thinking maybe on a one year deal ryan malone might be worth the risk if hes available

Heatley

Is it true that each team must use at least one of the amnesty buyouts this summer, or lose it? I understand only one buyout can be carried to Summer 2014.

If so, we're going to see some decent UFAs.

Player that are available or could become available are pretty slim I'm not getting my hopes up but with that said I feel our team will be better next year. Really hoping we get Helm back

most the media in Vancouver are saying that Booth will not be bought out. Ballard is a strong possibility although with a new coach you never know. Vancouver has to do something though to get under the cap.

I heard somewhere that players that have been bought out will need to go through some sort of waiver system before they can be free agents again. Does anyone know anything about that?

If it's the same process used in the accelerated buyouts allowed before the start of this season, the player has to pass thru waivers before the buyout is done. Once the buyout's complete, they immediately become a UFA & are only restricted from returning to their former team.

Guest DeGraa55

If it's the same process used in the accelerated buyouts allowed before the start of this season, the player has to pass thru waivers before the buyout is done. Once the buyout's complete, they immediately become a UFA & are only restricted from returning to their former team.

So someone could be Bought out. But then claimed on waiver. So the new takes on current deal and old team is green of finances then? Or do they still have to "buy them out"?

Cause if you can get someone claimed that would change things. But that's why im asking.

So someone could be Bought out. But then claimed on waiver.

No, you put the player on waivers and if no one claims him, he is then available to be bought out. Once a player is bought out, the team is done with him, so there would be no need for waivers....he becomes a free agent immediately.

I can't get over the fact that after the FA sweepstakes for guys like Richards they could be bought out.

There's always the chance he could be bought out, but maybe a new coach in NY will sort things out there instead of buying out a guy who usually is a great point producer, former Conn Smythe award winner and one hell of a playmaker. There's still skill there, but Tortorella misused him and he didn't get full value out of him.

As for other buyouts, Sammy needs to go and if Tuzzi is off the LTIR then he could be bought out and retire. I think he's still got use on the Wings, but his health is more important than lingering for a year or 2 more. See Rafalski.