• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Not the best video but its Jurco's GWG goal. Better than nothing till the full highlights show up.

Edited by Son of a Wing, 05 June 2013 - 10:06 PM.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#62 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

You can get 3 to 4 minute highlight videos for each game on theahl.com or on the griffins website.
Anderson, Tatar, Nyquist ( The Just In Time Line) are two outta three in game sevens this spring. That's some good experience.

Actually if you're looking for video highlights and more Griffins focused media including player/coach interviews go check out the Griffins Youtube Channel.

FULL HIGHLIGHTS

Edited by Son of a Wing, 05 June 2013 - 11:01 PM.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#63 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

#64 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Not the best video but its Jurco's GWG goal. Better than nothing till the full highlights show up.

When I first saw it I thought it went five hole. How does the Barons goalie let that in short side? Jurco's speed must have made it hard for him to stay on his angle

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#65 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

When I first saw it I thought it went five hole. How does the Barons goalie let that in short side? Jurco's speed must have made it hard for him to stay on his angle

The video doesn't do it much justice, he was absolutely flying.
  • ami likes this

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#66 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

I could see he was going fast, but the shot looked pretty harmless

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#67 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, I think it handcuffed the goalie - partially because he walked right by the defenseman.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#68 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

Great to see the Griffins making some noise.  I was watching the game and had to leave towards the end of the 2nd when it was 3-2.  Looks like I missed a very good end to the game.  Looking forward to the finals.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#69 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

ah that was a nice thing to come home from work to tonight!  The youngins are looking good out there, keep it up kids!!! 

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#70 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

You can get 3 to 4 minute highlight videos for each game on theahl.com or on the griffins website.
Anderson, Tatar, Nyquist ( The Just In Time Line) are two outta three in game sevens this spring. That's some good experience.

Tatar is actually 1 for 1 in game sevens but the Griffs beat Houston in a 5th game in a best out of 5 in the first round so that's like the same thing. He is 2 for 2 in series tied elimination games.

AHL Live feed is from the jumbotrons.

#71 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Glad to see the Griffins doing so well.  CBC said during the intermission of the Bruins game that the Griffins won game 7.  Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson are gonna be rust free and rippin it at training camp.  Danny D should be in for game 1 of the finals I read from someone on here too, so that's just badass!  And Kevin Weeks stated that Mrazek has been awesome so that's good too.  Gonna watch all the highlights when I get home today.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#72 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

That's awesome for the Griffins to go to the AHL finals!

IPB Image

#73 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

We want the cup!  We want the cup!

#74 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Do you think anyone is jealous that during a transition year, we still made it to the second round in playoffs, beat 2nd seed, took 1st seed to game 7 OT... and yet we still have a stacked AHL club who is going to the finals?

Or does nobody other than real hockey fans actually care what their minor systems look like?

It makes me smile really big though, I love it.

Edited by Rhah, 06 June 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#75 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Great for the Griffs. Seriously though, listening to that interview with Blashill, he is a friggin Babcock clone :lol:

I don't think any players development this year has excited me more then Jurco. He had an up and down regular season, but other then Tatar and Mrazek, he's been the Griffins best player in the postseason. He could be that next top flight winger that were looking for.

#NOMOREKINDL

#76 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Great for the Griffs. Seriously though, listening to that interview with Blashill, he is a friggin Babcock clone :lol:

I'll have the games on while I'm doing stuff around the house and every time they interview him while I'm not watching...I'm like, is that Babs?  If you're going to take after someone, definitely not a bad choice.

#77 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Glad to see the Griffins doing so well.  CBC said during the intermission of the Bruins game that the Griffins won game 7.  Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson are gonna be rust free and rippin it at training camp.  Danny D should be in for game 1 of the finals I read from someone on here too, so that's just badass!  And Kevin Weeks stated that Mrazek has been awesome so that's good too.  Gonna watch all the highlights when I get home today.

Mrazek's stood on his head this postseason. He's been particularly awesome in the Barons series. We got some absolute skill in our pipelines, and it's getting deeper and deeper at each position as all of them are developing so nicely. The mood towards our franchise has changed so drastically since the beginning of the season.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#78 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

AHL Goalie much?

I already can't remember when Stevie Y started at Tampa.  How many of the Crunch are his picks?

#79 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

They were reporting that DeKeyser will be in for game 1 of the finals. It should be really interesting to watch Andrej Sustr against Danny DeKeyser. The two big name NCAA free agents playing against each other for the Calder Cup.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#80 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

I wish centcougar was around so he could tell us how much better Minny's prospects are than Detroit's.  Oh yeah, Griffins beat the Aeros in round one.