• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

Pens potentially moving Malkin?

Rate this topic

2uf9j89.jpg

Nothing more than an extreme long shot rumor, but if they did attempt to trade him I'd be willing to ship out a ton of prospects to make it happen.

I don't think anyone in the system would be off-limits when it comes to Malkin and with the way their goaltending has played this year Mrazek might be a nice start to a deal.

Guest DeGraa55

Well I think it depends on malkins intent. The guy does better without Crosby in the lineup. So maybe when he is a fa his plan is to leave. If that's the case trading him now makes a lot of sense.

But yes I agree. If he wants to resign that's the first option of course.

If I'm Shero, the only way I move malkin is for a stud defenseman that can LEAD the d-corps and picks/prospects.

Pittsburgh's sole, glaring, and obvious need is Defencemen. Wikipedia has this listed for Pitt's Defense, and a lot of these players are AGING. Eaton, Martin, Murray, Niskanen, Orpik, Letang, Engelland.

Eaton is 36, he's done or close to it. Martin, Murray, Orpik, all in their 30s.

malkin is a once per generation type talent that can lead a team for the next 8-10 years. If, and it is a big if the Pens decide to move him, Hell YES we go all in!

Now why would they move him? Simple. cap issues. They need 2 real Dmen and don't have the money to add them.

Guest DeGraa55

I know it's fun to think about, but Malkin won't be going anywhere. He's a Penguin for life, I can never see him ever leaving.

I can. He does better without Crosby. He has a cup. There is two reasons he could leave.

Granted we don't know what goes on in his head or what his priorities are. So I wouldn't be surprised either way as there is pros and cons each way.