callahan aubry

defense

almquist nedomlel

marchenko nicastro

jensen ouellet

sproul

goaltending

mrazek coreau

ridiculous lineup next year ... anyone else i might be missing??? i cant think of the veterans right now that might be back but the defense looks really stacked im guessing maybe nicastro wont make it , aubry??

what do you guys invision the forward lineups being??

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Jarnkrok is a big guy to leave out - unless you assume he makes the wings next year.

They need to be ripe before they can over-ripen. Ferraro may be ready for an Emdog style of role. Almquist looks ready, but there is just no room for him. Outside of those two the rest need developing.

I think Ferraro has better hands than Emdog but no space for him next year unless injuries hit. Almquist needs more strength still to handle the nhl forecheck

The next few years in Grand Rapids will be good ones. Our top prospects are finally ready to play in the minors, yes they'll be their for a while, but that's all for the better. The future is bright, Jurco-Jarnkrok-Pulkinen would be a deadly top unit next year.

i didnt add jarnkrok because i think he will just stay in sweden if he doesnt make the nhl

who do you guys think will be on the outs eventually? at one point i gotta think if everything goes to plans we will have to many kids pushing for jobs and not even roster spots

gotta say with all the forwards the ones im least excited about are ferraro and aubry and on defense nicastro

if we can trade any of those guys for a pick this yr and draft someone we like we should just do it and keep stacking more prospects, i know ferraro has speed but i dont know if he will ever be a scorer like his dad so im just thinking if we can get a team with multiple 2nd round picks and ship him for one and get a power forward it might be worth considering since we got alot of forwards coming up next few yrs

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Guest DeGraa55

You forgot jarnkrok WHO WILL NOT BE IN DETROIT. Jesus people he his one maybe two years away yet.

Also you forgot lash off who will most likely start down in GR. I don't agree with it but we got what 8 defensemen? There is no room for him.

Thank you Holland for two years on Colo and Sammy and quincey(or was his three).

There is lots of talent heading to GR for sure. But that does not mean GR will be a good team. Really young teams tend to suck-IE the Oilers. Most of that roster is filled with guys with 1 year or less experience in pro hockey. Most will in the end NOT work out. but it is fun to dream.

Haha I take offense to that. It's the U.S that spells words differently. We spell them like the rest of the world. lol

Always got to be different. Damn imperial system....

You guys cherry pick the metric system.

Im pretty sure jarnkrok is in gr next year. His 10 game stint was a trial run this year to give him a head start for next year.

And he stated that he needs to strengthen up for next year as well. The only reason he's not suiting up for the playoffs right now is cause he was scheduled to play in the WC. He'll be there for sure. He's not another Ryno.

And he stated that he needs to strengthen up for next year as well. The only reason he's not suiting up for the playoffs right now is cause he was scheduled to play in the WC. He'll be there for sure. He's not another Ryno.

Not sure why they would have brought him over for several games to get a taste just to let him play in Europe this fall. HMMM...

I would agree that it all depends on how he handles things in the offseason. If he shows up to camp in the same or similar condition, obviously Holland will not be inclined to keep him around. Some of these euro kids just decide its not worth the effort. We'll see.

Seriously, something is going to have to give. Not necessarily accounting for position we have at forward:

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist (Hopefully, with the movement of a few vets, this entire line will actually be Detroit's 3rd line.)

Sheahan-Ferraro-Jurco

Frk-Jarnkrok-Pulkkinen

Tvrdon-Aubry-Callahan

Parkes-Nestrasil-Coetzee

On defense:

Lashoff-Almquist

Ouellett-Sproul

Jensen-Marchenko

Fournier-Nicastro
Nedomlel

In goal:

Mrazek

Coreau

That's not even looking at veteran, AHL signings, or guys who can (not will, can) be re-upped (Raedeke, McCollum). Quite cluttered, isn't it? Let me know if I'm missing anyone here.

Guest DeGraa55

Seriously, something is going to have to give. Not necessarily accounting for position we have at forward:

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist (Hopefully, with the movement of a few vets, this entire line will actually be Detroit's 3rd line.)

Sheahan-Ferraro-Jurco

Frk-Jarnkrok-Pulkkinen

Tvrdon-Aubry-Callahan

Parkes-Nestrasil-Coetzee

On defense:

Lashoff-Almquist

Ouellett-Sproul

Jensen-Marchenko

Fournier-Nicastro

Nedomlel

In goal:

Mrazek

Coreau

That's not even looking at veteran, AHL signings, or guys who can (not will, can) be re-upped (Raedeke, McCollum). Quite cluttered, isn't it? Let me know if I'm missing anyone here.

Can guys like jarnkrok still play for their current team in sweden ?

Nyquist, Andersson and Tatar should / will be up full time with the Wings this season, as well as DeKeyser and Lashoff as the 7th defenseman. Mursak signed with Amur Khabarovsk in the KHL so he's out and as far as I know, Backman is playing one more year with Linkoping in the SEL, and Athanasiou and Paterson are playing one more year in the OHL with their repective clubs. So I would like to see something like this...

Jurco - Jarnkrok - Frk

Tvrdon - Sheahan - Pulkkinen

Hoggan - Ferraro - Pare

Callahan - Aubry - Glendening

Ouellet - Sproul

Almqvist - Marchenko

Billins - Jensen

Paetsch

Mrazek

Coreau

That is a very solid team in my opinion.

Players that should be traded away, let go or sent down to Toledo would be McCollum, Evans (I know he's a captain but there just isn't any room for him on the back end), Fournier, Nicastro, Skinner, Raedeke, Grant, Parkes, Coetzee and Nestrasil.

Nyquist, Andersson and Tatar should / will be up full time with the Wings this season, as well as DeKeyser and Lashoff as the 7th defenseman. Mursak signed with Amur Khabarovsk in the KHL so he's out and as far as I know, Backman is playing one more year with Linkoping in the SEL, and Athanasiou and Paterson are playing one more year in the OHL with their repective clubs. So I would like to see something like this...

Jurco - Jarnkrok - Frk

Tvrdon - Sheahan - Pulkkinen

Hoggan - Ferraro - Pare

Callahan - Aubry - Glendening

Ouellet - Sproul

Almqvist - Marchenko

Billins - Jensen

Paetsch

Mrazek

Coreau

That is a very solid team in my opinion.

Players that should be traded away, let go or sent down to Toledo would be McCollum, Evans (I know he's a captain but there just isn't any room for him on the back end), Fournier, Nicastro, Skinner, Raedeke, Grant, Parkes, Coetzee and Nestrasil.

Isn't there a cap on the amount of players owned by NHL clubs that a ECHL team can accept? I thought someone on here said six...but I can't find that info.