• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

What would you give up for Malkin?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I love how on Internet forums whenever a star is rumored to be on the move people always assume the asking price will be astronomical. Then when said player is dealt it's so underwhelming. It happens EVERY single time.

Really? Give me some examples that don't include terrible general managers.

Guest DeGraa55

That's all? 2 first and Nyquist and smith? Lol. Only an idiot would say no.

Malkin is a top player in the league.

But with that said I give us a 0% chance of getting him.

I just don't see how you can part ways with the 2nd best player in the world.

Like was mentioned, IF he doesn't like playing behind the best player in the world, then things could get interesting.

From the Pen's perspective: 2nd best player in the world or a top 5 D-man with defensive deficiencies? Easy choice in my opinion...

Edited by unsaddleddonald

The reasons Malkin is even rumored to MAYBE be available is the cap. After this next season they have a total of 5 players signed and 39.5 million to spend. They need a whole new team. If they resing Malkin which they could, they will need to find 17 new players and only have about 30 million to spend. Their Norris candidate is also a UFA. So use another 8 million or so for him. 22 million for 16 players is not a lot of money. It only averages 1.375 million per guy. In other words they would have 6 stars and a AHL team. Not a plan for long term success.

Guest The Axe

The reasons Malkin is even rumored to MAYBE be available is the cap. After this next season they have a total of 5 players signed and 39.5 million to spend. They need a whole new team. If they resing Malkin which they could, they will need to find 17 new players and only have about 30 million to spend. Their Norris candidate is also a UFA. So use another 8 million or so for him. 22 million for 16 players is not a lot of money. It only averages 1.375 million per guy. In other words they would have 6 stars and a AHL team. Not a plan for long term success.

Do you have to have 23 guys? What if you only use 21?

Guest DeGraa55

I gave up Franzen, Filpulla, 2014, 2015 and 2017 1sts in NHL 13.

I have a crazy first line of Datsyuk Abby and Malkin. Then downhill from there

I call bs. When I try to acquire stars it never works.

Literally any combo

Z DAT 3 first

Z DAT kronwall 2 first

Etc etc

For guys like weber ovie malkin and it don't work.

I call bs. When I try to acquire stars it never works.

Literally any combo

Z DAT 3 first

Z DAT kronwall 2 first

Etc etc

For guys like weber ovie malkin and it don't work.

Ive gotten stamkos and crosby, etc before. You need to have a good relationship with the team i guess

Guest The Axe

why are we talking about video games?

Yes! And I'm laughing so hard. "I just took Shero Deep Sea fishing on my yacht, and he finally agreed to give me Malkin for Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Cleary, Colo, White, Miller, and Eaves."

all i keep hearing is,"dont trade away our future for this guy." What you guys dont understand is that he could be our future. Hes got 10 years left in him, and for the KHL flight worryers, its basically been proven that the best players in the world want to play here. The NHL is still the premier league. Period.

Youre telling me that we would never recover from parting with smith or nyquist and a couple of first round picks? Picks that could end up being busts anyway. Youre recieving a MVP player. The scorer weve been waiting for. How much better could that get? What player could we get via trade or free agency that would be better?

Not saying he wants to come here, or that theyll even trade him, but how could you not want this guy if available? ******* crazy asses, I need to buy some pot from some of you.

you think its just gonna cost us 2 1sts and nyquist for malkin???? more like nyquist smith mrazek and jarnkrok or jurco and then malkins cap number will be 9ish and future free agents will want more money because malkins is so high , detroits always been about taking less money and spreading it to other players so we can have a competitive team, after datsyuk the highest cap number is zetterberg's 6

we add malkin it can throw everything off ... no thanks we'll be better off in the long run

I highly doubt Pittsburgh wants to be dealing with us now that we're moving to the Eastern Coference. And if they would even think about trading Malkin to us it would be because we're giving them some ridiculous offer they can't refuse, and we all know Kenny is not going to do that.

Guest DeGraa55

all i keep hearing is,"dont trade away our future for this guy." What you guys dont understand is that he could be our future. Hes got 10 years left in him, and for the KHL flight worryers, its basically been proven that the best players in the world want to play here. The NHL is still the premier league. Period.

Youre telling me that we would never recover from parting with smith or nyquist and a couple of first round picks? Picks that could end up being busts anyway. Youre recieving a MVP player. The scorer weve been waiting for. How much better could that get? What player could we get via trade or free agency that would be better?

Not saying he wants to come here, or that theyll even trade him, but how could you not want this guy if available?f****** crazy asses, I need to buy some pot from some of you.

I agree people worry about PROSPECTS. Guys who have value but proven NOTHING. We are talking about PROSPECTS for an MVP type player.

This is a league where teams with stars win. The best teams this year have 2-4 superstars. Then a bunch of good and great role players.

Can you build a team through free agency? No. Can you through draft and trade? Yes.

I agree people worry about PROSPECTS. Guys who have value but proven NOTHING. We are talking about PROSPECTS for an MVP type player.

This is a league where teams with stars win. The best teams this year have 2-4 superstars. Then a bunch of good and great role players.

Can you build a team through free agency? No. Can you through draft and trade? Yes.

Proven nothing? I don't know if you missed the playoffs this year, but for those of us who watched it saw HUGE growth in our young guys from start to finish. Nyquist was fantastic. Brunner was fantastic. Smith and Kindl struggled at times, but also had moments where they showed growth. We all know Danny D is going to be a stud and I personally believe if we had him playing we would have beaten the Hawks.

But to say that our prospects and young guys have showed nothing is simply ridiculous. Yes, Malkin has won an MVP and has put up a ton of points. But why on God's earth would you trade away guys who showed so much growth in just these playoffs? Nyquist is going to be a stud. In 2002, when Pavel Datsyuk showed signs of brilliance, should we have traded him to get a guy like Jagr? No, because we saw that he was coming into his own, much like our young guys now. Nyquist will not be Pavel Datsyuk, but there is no reason to say that we won't be something special for years to come. Have some faith, believe in the system because when everyone wrote the Wings off this year, they just kept coming because they believe in their system.

Guest DeGraa55

Proven nothing? I don't know if you missed the playoffs this year, but for those of us who watched it saw HUGE growth in our young guys from start to finish. Nyquist was fantastic. Brunner was fantastic. Smith and Kindl struggled at times, but also had moments where they showed growth. We all know Danny D is going to be a stud and I personally believe if we had him playing we would have beaten the Hawks.

But to say that our prospects and young guys have showed nothing is simply ridiculous. Yes, Malkin has won an MVP and has put up a ton of points. But why on God's earth would you trade away guys who showed so much growth in just these playoffs? Nyquist is going to be a stud. In 2002, when Pavel Datsyuk showed signs of brilliance, should we have traded him to get a guy like Jagr? No, because we saw that he was coming into his own, much like our young guys now. Nyquist will not be Pavel Datsyuk, but there is no reason to say that we won't be something special for years to come. Have some faith, believe in the system because when everyone wrote the Wings off this year, they just kept coming because they believe in their system.

Yes Nyquist looked good. But 15 games isn't proven and IDC who you are. Doing something for multiple seasons means you're proven. Smith is unproven and on the biggest smith fan there is.

And I never said I didn't have faith. I believe Nyquist will be good. But he won't be elite. Malkin is elite.

With that said we won't get Malkin. Holland doesn't have the stones to make a trade like that.

Its common sense look at the tigers for example prospects for proven commodities? Every time. Elite teams do it. Bad teams don't.