• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pucktividi

Senators trade Gonchar's rights to Stars

Rate this topic

OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Senators have traded the rights to defencemanSergei Gonchar to the Dallas Stars in exchange for a conditional sixth-round pick in this year's draft.

The 39-year-old Gonchar played the past three seasons for Ottawa, recording 15 goals and 76 assists. He has played 1,177 games in 18 NHL seasons.

Gonchar, whose veteran presence on the Senators' blue-line helped offset the loss of Erik Karlsson for much of the regular season, was reportedly seeking a multi-year deal.

Reports indicated he was considering signing in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League.

Gonchar completed the final season of a three-year, $16.5-million contract. His cap hit was $5.5 million.

If Gonchar signs with Dallas, it will be his fifth NHL team. The sixth-round pick is conditional on Gonchar signing a contract with the Stars.

Unleash Jim Nill :lol:

damn already??? lol id be surprised if gonchar signs with the stars , kinda surprised ottawa doesnt want him back since he played better towards the end , my guess is they got scared of the 6 million the khl offered him

i hope ken holland trades filppula's rights away for like a 4th round pick instead of just letting him walk

Pretty much sums up the Dallas Stars organization.

That was a great move though. They should have traded Whitney too. Do the rebuild right. Sign a couple older free agents looking to get playing time and trade them at the deadline or keep one to influence and teach the kids. I believe Nill is gonna whip that place into shape.

Guest Crymson

I'm always confused with trades post-deadline, pre-Stanley Cup.

As in: I didn't think they were allowed?

Negotiating rights can be traded between teams whose seasons have ended.

Guest The Axe

wow thats nuts i think they'll regret that 2nd year , alot of cash for a 39 yr old ... lets hope kenny trades filppula soon for a pick rather than letting him walk

dallas has 2 2nd round picks , might as well try and ship him filppula's rights for a 2nd and hope nill gives him his 5 mill per x 5

This is a good idea.

Youth being helped by vets, the standard that made Detroit competitive and successful

And both Maclean and Nill keep that formula it seems and Gonchar did help mentoring Karlsson which gave him another big $$$ contract