• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
under_par_00

Babcock named Head Coach for Canada at Sochi Olympics

Rate this topic

For the sake of internet fighting:

What are the chances the NHL says no players can go?

What is the backlash then if the coaches are going?

I think the answer to the first question is no way in hell Gary says no coming out of the lockout, the league needs more good press. So therefore the second question is moot.

Other thoughts?

Uncle Gary loves fanfare. I will guess he will wait until after he awards the Stanley Cup (I can already feel the love in the arena), probably wait until after the draft (the "greatest fans in the world" deserve the best). His main sticking point right now might be his desire to have a series of outdoor games at Sochi.

They can't play all 3 goalies at once you know ;)

Anyway, the Olympics is a real crap-shoot. So many single-elimination games in such a short space of time. Look at that loaded roster Canada had last time, and they won on a scuffed shot along the ice.

With no horse in this race, I guess I'll be cheering for Pav and Russia :)

They could try :)

They won't have to worry about being stuck with a cold goalie though

And competition makes everyone play better

I sure would love to see the Olympics go back to Amateur players...the Nations ALL have plenty of amateur talent to make this tourney enjoyable and entertaining. USA, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland....they all have great players under 18... I am tired of watching the NHL All Star game water down the Olympics....

Guest DeGraa55

I sure would love to see the Olympics go back to Amateur players...the Nations ALL have plenty of amateur talent to make this tourney enjoyable and entertaining. USA, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland....they all have great players under 18... I am tired of watching the NHL All Star game water down the Olympics....

Would be a good way to see prospects for those that don't follow juniors. But other then us die hard fans idk how many people would watch. Maybe they could have an over 18 and under 18 hockey in Olympics.