• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2013 Stanley Cup Finals - Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

It all comes down to one thing: which Bruins team shows up. If they pick up where they left off against the Pens, and stay there, the 'hawks don't stand a chance. And that's really saying something.

But I feel like this series might go the distance, i.e. six or seven hard-fought wars.

Man, first Original Six SCF since, what was it, '79? I hadn't even been born! *realizes he's never seen an O6 SCF* I feel like such a n00b!

It all comes down to one thing: which Bruins team shows up. If they pick up where they left off against the Pens, and stay there, the 'hawks don't stand a chance. And that's really saying something.

But I feel like this series might go the distance, i.e. six or seven hard-fought wars.

Man, first Original Six SCF since, what was it, '79? I hadn't even been born! *realizes he's never seen an O6 SCF* I feel like such a n00b!

It is great that its an original 6 final, but to be honest I always wanted a Wings Leafs O 6 final for obvious reasons but one thing is for sure ratings are going to be through the roof.

It is great that its an original 6 final, but to be honest I always wanted a Wings Leafs O 6 final for obvious reasons but one thing is for sure ratings are going to be through the roof.

It was a possibility if both teams had scored just one timely goal each.

Well since getting scared by the Leafs in the first round, the B's are 8-1 and just swept the top seeded Penguins, who also led the league by a wide margin in goals for during the regular season and were held to just 2 goals for the entire series. Its really hard NOT to pick the Bruins here. I think this series will be similar to ours. Toews and Kane will get swarmed by defenders, they won't be able to forecheck as well against Boston's system and I think the B's could have this in 6 games. I would say 5 games, but I think Chicago is good enough to prevent the Cup from being won on their ice.

Guest The Axe

Will be fum to see if the bruins bias switches next year. I dont think it will. I think we all really just hate Edzo, NBC, Bettman, and the Engineered NHL we have to watch now.

So, what I learned in last series was their whole disrespect the national anthem s*** isn't as long in tradition as I was led to believe.

I think TV announcers said it didn't start until early 90s for Desert Storm, although wiki says:

National anthem[edit]

It is a tradition for Blackhawks fans to applaud and cheer loudly during the singing of the national anthem. This tradition originated during a 1985 Campbell Conference playoff game at Chicago Stadium versus the Edmonton Oilers.[46]Jim Cornelison currently sings the national anthem for all home games.

Either way, its not like 50 or 100 year tradition. In my opinion, its disrespectful as hell.

So, what I learned in last series was their whole disrespect the national anthem s*** isn't as long in tradition as I was led to believe.

I think TV announcers said it didn't start until early 90s for Desert Storm, although wiki says:

Either way, its not like 50 or 100 year tradition. In my opinion, its disrespectful as hell.

It's just plain stupid. You might as well not even have a singer and just play it and have them cheer.

Go Bruins. They've got a great blend of finesse and snarl, as they have for several years, now. The team is full of guys that go the extra mile to fearlessly block shots, etc.

We probably won't see Andrew Shaw and Bryan Bickell running around like they did against us.

Hopefully Boston can shut down Chicago's top guys, just like they did to Pittsburgh.

Boston fan from North Boston called up Chicago station today after they had a Boston radio guy on. Was hilarious. He basically was calling out Chicago radio guys for trying to trump up the story that the Hawks were the Cinderella team. Boston definitely plays better as underdog so its in their interest not to let Chicago try to take that, but from every other logical metric, no way Chicago could try to play the victim/under appreciated/underdog when they have been arrogant d-bags all year with their silly streak (asterisk) and best record.

Boston fan from North Boston called up Chicago station today after they had a Boston radio guy on. Was hilarious. He basically was calling out Chicago radio guys for trying to trump up the story that the Hawks were the Cinderella team.

Chicago media and the Chicago fans are morons.

Chicago was the undisputed number one in the league this season by a country mile, killed everyone in the regular season, and was predicted to trounce everyone and take the cup easily with no questions asked....

And yet every round they try to claim they are the poor widdle underdogs. Its just getting ridiculous at this point.

im not sure why others perceive the national anthem as disrespectful in chicago, i think it is one of the coolest things in sports. I like in chicago so ive been to my fair share of the games and the emotion you get from it great. also it was definitely started in response to desert storm, not sure about the year.

I think that the series will be really tight but that the bruins pull it out because they can play that tight hard fought game better than the hawks.

im not sure why others perceive the national anthem as disrespectful in chicago, i think it is one of the coolest things in sports. I like in chicago so ive been to my fair share of the games and the emotion you get from it great. also it was definitely started in response to desert storm, not sure about the year.

I think that the series will be really tight but that the bruins pull it out because they can play that tight hard fought game better than the hawks.

I am not solely biased against Chicago, I personally dislike any venue/sport/team when the cheering has been starting earlier and earlier before end of anthem. I guess its just my personal opinion on the anthem. You can't get any earlier than when Chicago starts, so obviously they have most of my hate for it.

Chicago was one goal away from being eliminated by a 7th seed team who was duct-taped together, made the playoffs in the last game of the season, and who had 5-6 starting rookies in their line up.

I have a feeling Boston may bring the hurt to the Hawks. Chicago may want to dress Carcillo.

I have a feeling Boston may bring the hurt to the Hawks. Chicago may want to dress Carcillo.

Apparently Brandon Bollig skated on the 4th line during their last practice. Stalberg was the extra forward. It would be wise for Q to dress Bollig, seeing as how Boston will definitely come out banging the body.

Apparently Brandon Bollig skated on the 4th line during their last practice. Stalberg was the extra forward. It would be wise for Q to dress Bollig, seeing as how Boston will definitely come out banging the body.

Disagree. Stalberg is a big boy, Q should just instruct him to play like a wrecking ball and not worry about the post whistle stuff. Boston are gonna lay on the body shift after shift, game after game, and won't be dropping the mits. Not in the finals. Bollig is no Shawn Thornton, he'll see 4-6 minutes in the first half of the game, and none in the second half. Now, all the same, more power to Chicago putting in yet another potential stupid penalty into their line-up. I don't see this series lasting very long for the Hawks.

Disagree. Stalberg is a big boy, Q should just instruct him to play like a wrecking ball and not worry about the post whistle stuff. Boston are gonna lay on the body shift after shift, game after game, and won't be dropping the mits. Not in the finals. Bollig is no Shawn Thornton, he'll see 4-6 minutes in the first half of the game, and none in the second half. Now, all the same, more power to Chicago putting in yet another potential stupid penalty into their line-up. I don't see this series lasting very long for the Hawks.

Bollig knows his role and plays it well. Stalberg has struggled immensely. I can't imagine Bollig getting a ton of ice time, but he'll provide the physical presence that Chicago will need to play against Boston.

Bollig may not be as versatile of an enforcer as Shawn Thornton, but he's no slouch.