• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2013 Stanley Cup Finals - Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

There are a lot of annoying, punchable faces in this series.

I want Boston to win, but hate their team so much. That spotpicking hunchback first and foremost. I can't imagine how much I'll dislike them more, playing in the same division.

I wonder if Boston didn't piss away the Cup last night? Maybe it's too early to tell.

I want Boston to win, but hate their team so much. That spotpicking hunchback first and foremost. I can't imagine how much I'll dislike them more, playing in the same division.

I wonder if Boston didn't piss away the Cup last night? Maybe it's too early to tell.

I'm rooting for Boston too, but I hate Chara and Marchand. Can't say I hate Lucic, but he's definitely not my favorite, either. People around here will really grow to hate Marchand next year.

I'm rooting for Boston too, but I hate Chara and Marchand. Can't say I hate Lucic, but he's definitely not my favorite, either. People around here will really grow to hate Marchand next year.

I hate Chara and Marchand too. Marchand's face is almost as annoying as Bolland's and Tyler Kennedy's. Chara is a big giraffe who hardly ever fights tough guys. When he does, he magically falls down when the other guy has an advantage.

I almost wish Jack Edwards would commentate these games with Eddie Olczyk. Then I can get some laughs out of this.

I hate Chara and Marchand too. Marchand's face is almost as annoying as Bolland's and Tyler Kennedy's. Chara is a big giraffe who hardly ever fights tough guys. When he does, he magically falls down when the other guy has an advantage.

I almost wish Jack Edwards would commentate these games with Eddie Olczyk. Then I can get some laughs out of this.

Agreed. Marchand is one of the league's premier cheapass rats. He hides behind Boston's tough players. Chara is a joke. Just about every fight he slips and falls, and he decides to fall once the scrap starts going against him. I'm rooting for Boston because of guys like Bergeron, Thornton, Campbell, Paille, and McQuaid.

I can't handle the prospect of Kane and Shaw lifting the Cup.

Agreed. Marchand is one of the league's premier cheapass rats. He hides behind Boston's tough players. Chara is a joke. Just about every fight he slips and falls, and he decides to fall once the scrap starts going against him. I'm rooting for Boston because of guys like Bergeron, Thornton, Campbell, Paille, and McQuaid.

I can't handle the prospect of Kane and Shaw lifting the Cup.

It's funny that the best fighter in this series actually plays for the Blackhawks. :hehe: Sort of.

Emery hasn't fought in a while. But he beat Josh Gratton and handled himself well against Andrew Peters, after he'd already fought Biron seconds earlier.

I admire him for being a scrappy goalie, but I just don't like his attitude. He was a huge distraction when he was in Ottawa. I was hoping he would fight this year.

Since it's basically a conflict of interest for Edzo to be in the booth, why not let Jack be in there too and let them go at it.

So hadn't been able to hop on since the game...here is my normal Hawks thoughts/complaints:

-Start with the GTG and GWG, to say it isn't puck luck to shoot a puck 3 feet to the side of net and have it go off other team's skate to tie it up is skill makes me sick. Most Chicago radio guys didn't mention that particular play though. Then a double deflection, c'mon man... they apparently had heard on the grapevine that Boston media was blaming poor luck for losing, they were mad about that but apparently they don't live in reality. Game should have ended 3 to 2.

-Not only did Oduya score a lucky tying goal, he basically should have been called for two penalties. Based on what we learned about penalty shots from the rule's junkies in our series was it doesn't matter how lightly you tap someone's hands on a breakaway, it affects their scoring chance and should be a PS. Well, Oduya was diving after a guy, his stick flew up and touched guy's hands. Second penalty, was diving again throwing stick and admittedly getting puck off, I think, Seguin's stick in front of net or maybe that Dragon guy, and then that same stick tripping the dude about 1 or 2 mins before their game winning goal. Sorry, refs, only calling over the glass and too many men on the ice penalties in OT when there are seriously other penalties is just bulls***. Grow a pair and call the game consistently throughout all the playoffs and OTs, don't change for game 7s or OTs etc...

-There was another obvious takedown during a breakaway that should have been called a PS for Boston. They tackle guy and apparently he still didn't lose a chance at scoring while a step ahead of defender on a breakaway.

I feel bad for Boston having to learn on the fly about how the refs don't call s*** on Hawks (and its not because of their skill) maybe its cause all their bulls*** is after the whistle and they don't like to call stuff that isn't part of a hockey play, good job dirtbag Hawks.

I have never seen a team that is more clutchy/grabby on their backcheck than the Hawks (and they have the gall to ***** about it in any non fast paced game). Any time opposing team has puck along board, you can almost guarantee they can't get their stick on the puck because somehow magically the Hawk guy has them in a bearhug.

Just wait till the Bruins tough guys are hurt or not in the lineup, Marchand will play as clean as a game as you have seen him.

Chara is by far their best defender, so I am sure Julien told him to not really fight. His father also was a pro wrestler so it does make sense but I am sure playing against a 6,9 guy is a lot to handle even for NHL players.

Seriously the Hawks have only one likable player and thats Jonathan Toews.

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest Johnz96

So hadn't been able to hop on since the game...here is my normal Hawks thoughts/complaints:

-Start with the GTG and GWG, to say it isn't puck luck to shoot a puck 3 feet to the side of net and have it go off other team's skate to tie it up is skill makes me sick. Most Chicago radio guys didn't mention that particular play though. Then a double deflection, c'mon man... they apparently had heard on the grapevine that Boston media was blaming poor luck for losing, they were mad about that but apparently they don't live in reality. Game should have ended 3 to 2.

-Not only did Oduya score a lucky tying goal, he basically should have been called for two penalties. Based on what we learned about penalty shots from the rule's junkies in our series was it doesn't matter how lightly you tap someone's hands on a breakaway, it affects their scoring chance and should be a PS. Well, Oduya was diving after a guy, his stick flew up and touched guy's hands. Second penalty, was diving again throwing stick and admittedly getting puck off, I think, Seguin's stick in front of net or maybe that Dragon guy, and then that same stick tripping the dude about 1 or 2 mins before their game winning goal. Sorry, refs, only calling over the glass and too many men on the ice penalties in OT when there are seriously other penalties is just bulls***. Grow a pair and call the game consistently throughout all the playoffs and OTs, don't change for game 7s or OTs etc...

-There was another obvious takedown during a breakaway that should have been called a PS for Boston. They tackle guy and apparently he still didn't lose a chance at scoring while a step ahead of defender on a breakaway.

I feel bad for Boston having to learn on the fly about how the refs don't call s*** on Hawks (and its not because of their skill) maybe its cause all their bulls*** is after the whistle and they don't like to call stuff that isn't part of a hockey play, good job dirtbag Hawks.

I have never seen a team that is more clutchy/grabby on their backcheck than the Hawks (and they have the gall to ***** about it in any non fast paced game). Any time opposing team has puck along board, you can almost guarantee they can't get their stick on the puck because somehow magically the Hawk guy has them in a bearhug.

When you have the puck in the opposition end for almost the entire last half of the 3rd period you are more likely to have a fluky goal go in. With the much bigger goalie equipment now, a very high percentage (compared to before Bettman) of goals nowadays are fluky goals and you're more likely to get them if you can maintain control in the opposition's end.

Yeah the refs don't call s*** on Chicago like late in the 3rd in the 7th game against when they took away a GWG from them for a calling a roughjing call on Saad for getting roughed up by Quincey.

Just wait till the Bruins tough guys are hurt or not in the lineup, Marchand will play as clean as a game as you have seen him. Chara is by far their best defender, so I am sure Julien told him to not really fight. His father also was a pro wrestler so it does make sense but I am sure playing against a 6,9 guy is a lot to handle even for NHL players. Seriously the Hawks have only one likable player and thats Jonathan Toews.

To me they only have one dislikeable player and that's Twenny but of course, I don't know them that well.

Hossa is very likeable, a classy individual. There are not many athletes who would give up millions of dollars to try and win a championship.

Edited by Johnz96

When you have the puck in the opposition end for almost the entire last half of the 3rd period you are more likely to have a fluky goal go in. With the much bigger goalie equipment now, a very high percentage of goals nowadays are fluky goals and you're more likely to get them if you can maintain control in the opposition's end.

Yeah the refs don't call s*** on Chicago like late in the 3rd in the 7th game against when they took away a GWG from them for a calling a roughjing call on Saad for getting roughed up by Quincey.

Just wait till the Bruins tough guys are hurt or not in the lineup, Marchand will play as clean as a game as you have seen him. Chara is by far their best defender, so I am sure Julien told him to not really fight. His father also was a pro wrestler so it does make sense but I am sure playing against a 6,9 guy is a lot to handle even for NHL players. Seriously the Hawks have only one likable player and thats Jonathan Toews.

To me they only have one dislikeable player and that's Twenny but of course, I don't know them that well.

Hossa is very likeable, a classy individual. There are not many athletes who would give up millions of dollars to try and win a championship.

Thanks for mentioning Hossa, thats true I really forgot him. I wasn't even mad at him for signing with the damn Hawks (would have prefered another team obviously), but he got his well deserved cup and is still a huge performer. Wish he still would be a Wing...

But Kane, Bickell, Marchand, Shaw and Crawford can all go .... themselves...

When you have the puck in the opposition end for almost the entire last half of the 3rd period you are more likely to have a fluky goal go in. With the much bigger goalie equipment now, a very high percentage of goals nowadays are fluky goals and you're more likely to get them if you can maintain control in the opposition's end.

I have had this argument with many people... if you are going to go "by the book" for the penalty shot earlier in the series, you can't throw the rulebook away when Saad throws a punch (which he clearly does like twice as he is falling to the ice) at a helmetless player (regardless if that helmetless player started the play). Ref had to stop play for player safety. Tell Saad to take the rough play like a limp fish and maybe the play wouldn't have been whistled dead.

EDIT - Hawks had been getting away with flying elbows, cross checks that broke their own stick, and non-called boarding calls all series against the Wings. And a few actually led to them scoring on us...

Edited by Rhah