565 replies to this topic

#21 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Bruins in 6
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#22 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Bruins will take it.  I'm guessing 6 but I'd like to be wrong and see them do exactly what they did to the Penguins.

I'm hoping Boston is not THAT much better than the Hawks. :scared:

The Wings have to play in their division next year. I'm hoping the Bruins take it in 6-7 games.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 09 June 2013 - 11:22 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#23 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,079 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Bryan Bickell will play like a scared little mouse in this series (like Bieksa in 2010).  Not playing against the (powerplay is our enforcer) Wings anymore.  

Boston should try to impose themselves physically like they did on Vancouver.  

This a million times. The Hawks tried to be the bullies against Detroit and LA, but they won't for a second against Boston. Bickell and Shaw will disappear, and Toews and Kane will disappear on the score board just like Sid and Malkin.

#NOMOREKINDL

#24 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Bruins in 5. Defense is too good

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#25 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

This a million times. The Hawks tried to be the bullies against Detroit and LA, but they won't for a second against Boston. Bickell and Shaw will disappear, and Toews and Kane will disappear on the score board just like Sid and Malkin.

I so can't wait to see  Bickel trying to be a bully against Thornton might not end pretty for him...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

It all comes down to one thing: which Bruins team shows up. If they pick up where they left off against the Pens, and stay there, the 'hawks don't stand a chance. And that's really saying something.

But I feel like this series might go the distance, i.e. six or seven hard-fought wars.

Man, first Original Six SCF since, what was it, '79? I hadn't even been born! *realizes he's never seen an O6 SCF* I feel like such a n00b!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

It all comes down to one thing: which Bruins team shows up. If they pick up where they left off against the Pens, and stay there, the 'hawks don't stand a chance. And that's really saying something.

But I feel like this series might go the distance, i.e. six or seven hard-fought wars.

Man, first Original Six SCF since, what was it, '79? I hadn't even been born! *realizes he's never seen an O6 SCF* I feel like such a n00b!

It is great that its an original 6 final, but to be honest I always wanted a Wings Leafs O 6 final for obvious reasons but one thing is for sure ratings are going to be through the roof.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#28 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

It is great that its an original 6 final, but to be honest I always wanted a Wings Leafs O 6 final for obvious reasons but one thing is for sure ratings are going to be through the roof.

It was a possibility if both teams had scored just one timely goal each.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#29 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

I hate the Bruins the least!

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#30 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

God I hate Patrick Kane...Look at TSN's front page right now and tell me you don't want to sock Patrick Kane

Plus one.

#31 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

I have faith in the Bruins to win the cup, and I hope that the Hawks have a major meltdown! Boston in 6!

#32 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Well, this is half of the final I was hoping for. 

Go Bruins!

after reading all the other posts - obligatory Defense wins championships!

Edited by FireCaptain, 09 June 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#33 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

Original Six is definitely cool. Just wish a different team was representing the Western Conference portion.

I will hate the Bruins next season, but certainly not now. I want to see Toews and Edzo weeping when the Bruins win the cup. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#34 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Well since getting scared by the Leafs in the first round, the B's are 8-1 and just swept the top seeded Penguins, who also led the league by a wide margin in goals for during the regular season and were held to just 2 goals for the entire series.  Its really hard NOT to pick the Bruins here.  I think this series will be similar to ours.  Toews and Kane will get swarmed by defenders, they won't be able to forecheck as well against Boston's system and I think the B's could have this in 6 games.  I would say 5 games, but I think Chicago is good enough to prevent the Cup from being won on their ice.

#35 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Will be fum to see if the bruins bias switches next year. I dont think it will. I think we all really just hate Edzo, NBC, Bettman, and the Engineered NHL we have to watch now.

#36 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

So, what I learned in last series was their whole disrespect the national anthem s*** isn't as long in tradition as I was led to believe.

I think TV announcers said it didn't start until early 90s for Desert Storm, although wiki says:

National anthem[edit]

It is a tradition for Blackhawks fans to applaud and cheer loudly during the singing of the national anthem. This tradition originated during a 1985 Campbell Conference playoff game at Chicago Stadium versus the Edmonton Oilers.[46] Jim Cornelison currently sings the national anthem for all home games.

Either way, its not like 50 or 100 year tradition. In my opinion, its disrespectful as hell.

#37 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

So, what I learned in last series was their whole disrespect the national anthem s*** isn't as long in tradition as I was led to believe.

I think TV announcers said it didn't start until early 90s for Desert Storm, although wiki says:

Either way, its not like 50 or 100 year tradition. In my opinion, its disrespectful as hell.

It's just plain stupid.  You might as well not even have a singer and just play it and have them cheer.

#38 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

$5 says the Bruins are gonna make "da Hawks" their little blow up doll.

Have grown a soft-spot for the B's these past few years; their combo of tuffness, and skill remind me of our beloved Red Wings circa '97/'98.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#39 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Having been to a couple games at united center, I can safely say that a lot of those cheers are pumped through the speakers

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#40 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Gonna be some fantastic hockey. I think Chicago wins in 5 or 6. They're a different animal, no one in the East like them.