• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2013 Stanley Cup Finals - Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

And Toronto recognized it....this is today's Toronto Sun newspaper front cover...what a bunch of idiots.

BNk62b7CEAA4-GN.jpg_large.jpg

Just shows you how stupid some of their fans and the media are.Looks like the Leafs want to be in every discussion 24/7 the Toronto Sun is just crap can't wait for their new "trade Kessel" article, because he is shy *lol*

Just shows you how stupid some of their fans and the media are.Looks like the Leafs want to be in every discussion 24/7 the Toronto Sun is just crap can't wait for their new "trade Kessel" article, because he is shy *lol*

with that said, I think the Conn Smythe should have gone to either Seabrook or Keith. Their top pairing locked up insane minutes and contributed in evey way. This voting just shows you, how important the NHL trophies these days are, especially the Norris and the Conn Smythe. They aren't given out to the best players at their positions anymore, just to the guys with the most points..

I'd love to see a montage put together of all the Toews crying during this post season and mouthing What the F to the refs while on national TV and smashing his stick going to the box.

I guess they could end it with him and cup, which would just make his crybaby act even more poignant, like the refs gave into his bitching.

I'd love to see a montage put together of all the Toews crying during this post season and mouthing What the F to the refs while on national TV and smashing his stick going to the box.

I guess they could end it with him and cup, which would just make his crybaby act even more poignant, like the refs gave into his bitching.

Even towards the end of the Cup winning game it looked like Chara crushed him into the post and knocked the net off. On the replay though you could see Chara gave Toews a fairly regular shove, Toews hit the net and flopped, immediately looked up at the refs with disgust, wondering why there was no call when he was clearly almost murdered.

You know who I thought of when Boston lost? Jarome Iginla. Why, you ask? When Pittsburgh was eliminated, a dressing room reporter intimated to Milan Lucic that Iginla had chosen the wrong team if he was hoping to get a chance to win the Cup. Lucic had his typical smirk and basically said "Yeah, too bad for him, smirk".

It's called karma.

And Toronto recognized it....this is today's Toronto Sun newspaper front cover...what a bunch of idiots.

BNk62b7CEAA4-GN.jpg_large.jpg

I'm not sure how they think this somehow changes the fact that they were clowned by the Bruins. Giving up a 4-1 lead in the 3rd period of a 7th game is far worse than giving up a 2-1 lead in the final minute, even if it was a Cup game.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I'm not sure how they think this somehow changes the fact that they were clowned by the Bruins. Giving up a 4-1 lead in the 3rd period of a 7th game is far worse than giving up a 2-1 lead in the final minute, even if it was a Cup game.

That's what I am thinking as well, in fact you see quite a few of the 2-1 blown leads, probably not final minute though but with a few left.

I am starting to be fine with how things went down... even if they went to OT and won (highly unlikely with the Hawks luck this year in late 3rd period/OT situations)...the chance they win in Chicago? Low...

This was best we could hope for, Hawks have to win at opponent stadium and we don't have to hear that obnoxious song. Nor hear another disrespectful national anthem (in a finals game 7 too)...

I really don't understand how all year Hawks D-men could cheat and pinch forward and their forwards cherry pick so much and teams couldn't take advantage...it just blows my mind that this strategy couldn't be exposed. Maybe Wings were best chance to beat them with skilled passing and discipline (only team to take them to game 7 OT). But Wings really didn't end up with many odd man rushes... or if they did, they had their sticks ripped out of their hands by the trailing D-men and it would go uncalled.

Nor hear another disrespectful national anthem (in a finals game 7 too)...

Always gotta laugh at comments like these. Ask some of the war veterans on the ice standing next to Cornelison for the anthem and ask them if they think it's disrespectful

Always gotta laugh at comments like these. Ask some of the war veterans on the ice standing next to Cornelison for the anthem and ask them if they think it's disrespectful

Yeah I am sure for those few its fine... why don't we ask the other 99% of vets who aren't Chicagoans?