Pepsi is not > coke.

I agree, but he got the other two right

#522 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

I can't stand the Hawks, and I really thought Boston would pull it off and win the Cup. But then again I really thought the Wings were going to beat Chicago when they had a 3 games to 1 lead on them. It is so disappointing, but maybe it is my fault for getting too involved and believing.

#523 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Damn! Maybe the Wings can get revenge in next season's SCF.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#524 hudson

hudson

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

The Wings got very lucky to be up 3-1 on the Hawks. To have the their foot on the Hawks and blow it....that doesn't mean they are that close to the Hawks. The opposite is probably closer to the truth. The Wings couldn't have competed in these finals. With any of the 4 teams that were left in the conference finals.

#525 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

The Wings got very lucky to be up 3-1 on the Hawks. To have the their foot on the Hawks and blow it....that doesn't mean they are that close to the Hawks. The opposite is probably closer to the truth. The Wings couldn't have competed in these finals. With any of the 4 teams that were left in the conference finals.

You didn't watch, did you?
Watching this team through the playoffs, they felt like a team of destiny. I didn't think anyone could stop them. They just got cold at the wrong time and the bounces started going against them. If they had closed out that series, I have no doubt that they would have beat the kings. I don't know about the Bruins because we never played them, but why not? If we keep this core together and don't trade away our young guys, we'll be competing for the cup for a long time

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#526 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

As much as I hated the old Black Hawks of Chelios, Roenick, Belfore, and Dirk Graham, I still cheered for them when the Wings were out of it. But with the current bunch of crybabies, I can only hope that lightning strikes the cup while Teows is carrying it in standing water!

Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#527 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

Called the Hawks winning on the first page while everyone was on the B's bandwagon.  Not surprised.  West > East again.

Posted Image

#528 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

after the Bruins demolished Blackhawks in Game 3 I had an idea that this might work out and those f* would loose. but knowing how resilent those bastards are and how much sisu they have, I highly doubted Chicago will quickly lose the series like many predicted back then. I didn't expect them to come back that strong, though.

hats off for amazing resilence and playoff spirit of Blackhawks. whatever people thought of them and how much undervaluated Quenville, they did great job in facing the adversity and playing through to the very end. that's a champion material, no doubt.

it hurts to see them win it, especially this spoiled f* Kane get the Conn Smythe, but... they were the team to beat this year. too bad Wings couldn't pull off one more win  in their series :(

Edited by akustyk, 25 June 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#529 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Congrats to the Hawks.  Even with the injuries to Toews and Hossa, they still pulled out a series win.  Having said that, after Game 3 Boston looked like a completely different team.  I don't know if it was a loss of focus because maybe they thought they had this in the bag or more likely they were exhausted, but the passing wasn't there like it had been and the speed wasn't there on the offensive forecheck.  I know he got hurt last night, but Jagr played like a 41 year old hockey player in the last 3 games.  Krejci pretty much disappeared.  Marchand didn't have the speed like he did before.  Rask looked pretty unsure of himself at the end too.  He was so confident in net and in the zone and then after that 6 goal game, he never got back into form.  Patrice Bergeron's injury was tough on them.  He's a pretty important part of their team and his injury can't be understated.

As its been said before in this thread, we were the closest team to knocking off the Hawks and that's pretty damn good considering all of the inexperience we had on our team and the fact that we weren't expected to do anything.  We weren't lucky either.  It was inexperience, some bad luck and some bad breaks that led to our loss.  

#530 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

Can't wait to hear about all the product endorsement commercials that will be coming Carcillo's way.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#531 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Congrats to the Hawks.  Even with the injuries to Toews and Hossa, they still pulled out a series win.  Having said that, after Game 3 Boston looked like a completely different team.  I don't know if it was a loss of focus because maybe they thought they had this in the bag or more likely they were exhausted, but the passing wasn't there like it had been and the speed wasn't there on the offensive forecheck.  I know he got hurt last night, but Jagr played like a 41 year old hockey player in the last 3 games.  Krejci pretty much disappeared.  Marchand didn't have the speed like he did before.  Rask looked pretty unsure of himself at the end too.  He was so confident in net and in the zone and then after that 6 goal game, he never got back into form.  Patrice Bergeron's injury was tough on them.  He's a pretty important part of their team and his injury can't be understated.

As its been said before in this thread, we were the closest team to knocking off the Hawks and that's pretty damn good considering all of the inexperience we had on our team and the fact that we weren't expected to do anything.  We weren't lucky either.  It was inexperience, some bad luck and some bad breaks that led to our loss.  

I think even the Bruins don't know what happened. They had the Hawks against the wall and just needed to finish the job but for whatever reason they fell apart a bit. Although I hate to admit it, but the Kane Toews Bickel line might as well the best line in hockey right now, excellent playmaking, clutch scoring and size **** after the Hawks reuinited them, Chara looked absolutely overmatched and was on the ice for 9 of 12 Hawks goals.

I also thought Crawford outplayed Rask, which just shows you how good Thomas is and that Rask has a long way to go in order to be mentioned in the same sentence as him.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#532 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

Congrats to the Hawks. Would have loved to see Seidenberg winning his 2nd Cup but at least it brought me the second place in the LGW Bracket Challange. :P

I'm really curious what would have been possible for the Wings if they won the series. Hopefully we will get the anwser next season. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#533 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Congrats to the Hawks. Would have loved to see Seidenberg winning his 2nd Cup but at least it brought me the second place in the LGW Bracket Challange. :P

I'm really curious what would have been possible for the Wings if they won the series. Hopefully we will get the anwser next season. 

I think putting that kind of pressure on a young, developing team heading into their first full season is asking for disappointment. I hope they make the playoffs everything else would be just a big + like this season.

Keep in mind the Hawks have to shed a lot of salary again, just like they did in 2010.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#534 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

My mistake. That hopefully was just a little german rooted mistake. I meant I HOPE we will get the answer next year. You're right, To expect it form them would be asking far to much. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#535 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

Still in awe as to how that went down last night. Wow.

And yeah, the constant Wings up 3-1 series references during interviews, at least on CBC, those stung.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#536 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

"...and because the lockout wasn't enough, I'm going to f*** with real hockey fans a little more. Your Conn Smythe winner, the player who most exemplifies the courageousness of the NHL playoffs..."

940-patrick-kane-conn-smythe-trophy.jpg

Edited by b.shanafan14, 25 June 2013 - 07:49 AM.

#537 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Still in awe as to how that went down last night. Wow.

And yeah, the constant Wings up 3-1 series references during interviews, at least on CBC, those stung.

Yeah, no kidding.  They did talk about us a bunch after the Hawks won the Cup.  If you weren't a hockey fan and just turned it on at the end, you would've thought they beat the Wings to win the Cup.  

It doesn't sting for me in the least.  We were an inexperience 7th seed that barely made the playoffs.  I wasn't expecting us to even take it that far.  Plus, our young guys ended up getting a nice Calder Cup championship out of it.

#538 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Thank god the nightmare is finally over.

I have never seen a team get more puck luck in OTs and less than 5 mins to go in period 3's ever... 

Shaw play should have never been whistled dead while Boston had a scoring chance unless the guy was about to be carted off on a stretcher. Dude only missed like 2 shifts. Wings get a guy boarded into oblivion and the puck in wrong end and the refs let the other team go all way down ice 5 on 4 to score a goal.

That is really my only complaint about the officiating (although the blood thing is a good point but apparently in this post season unless its too many men on ice or delay of game puck over glass... the refs are going to have zero consistency. I hope consistency is preached to their asses this offseason).

#539 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Crawford got snubbed in favour of Kane. Crawford, Kane, Toews will all need heft raises in a couple years. Its gonna be a very tight squeeze to keep depth around. You almost need at least 2 players on ELC playing at high levels to stay cap compliant these days. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#540 hudson

hudson

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think putting that kind of pressure on a young, developing team heading into their first full season is asking for disappointment. I hope they make the playoffs everything else would be just a big + like this season.

Keep in mind the Hawks have to shed a lot of salary again, just like they did in 2010.

Looking at Capgeek they are are nowhere near the trouble they were in after 2010. They probably will have a problem signing Bickel. They may have loose somebody like Bolland. But they have plenty waiting to replace them down in Rockford.