565 replies to this topic

#561 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm not sure how they think this somehow changes the fact that they were clowned by the Bruins. Giving up a 4-1 lead in the 3rd period of a 7th game is far worse than giving up a 2-1 lead in the final minute, even if it was a Cup game. 

That's what I am thinking as well, in fact you see quite a few of the 2-1 blown leads, probably not final minute though but with a few left.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#562 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

I am starting to be fine with how things went down... even if they went to OT and won (highly unlikely with the Hawks luck this year in late 3rd period/OT situations)...the chance they win in Chicago? Low...

This was best we could hope for, Hawks have to win at opponent stadium and we don't have to hear that obnoxious song. Nor hear another disrespectful national anthem (in a finals game 7 too)...

I really don't understand how all year Hawks D-men could cheat and pinch forward and their forwards cherry pick so much and teams couldn't take advantage...it just blows my mind that this strategy couldn't be exposed. Maybe Wings were best chance to beat them with skilled passing and discipline (only team to take them to game 7 OT). But Wings really didn't end up with many odd man rushes... or if they did, they had their sticks ripped out of their hands by the trailing D-men and it would go uncalled. 

#563 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Absolutely everyone wants to see us bigger and more physical and yet LA and Boston had 3 wins together against Chicago same as the Wings,a totally different type of team :nhl_crach:

#564 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Nor hear another disrespectful national anthem (in a finals game 7 too)...

Always gotta laugh at comments like these. Ask some of the war veterans on the ice standing next to Cornelison for the anthem and ask them if they think it's disrespectful

#565 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Always gotta laugh at comments like these. Ask some of the war veterans on the ice standing next to Cornelison for the anthem and ask them if they think it's disrespectful

Yeah I am sure for those few its fine... why don't we ask the other 99% of vets who aren't Chicagoans?

#566 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Puck Daddy's eulogy - er, tribute to the Hawks.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011