• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

Calder Cup Finals Game 2 GDT - Grand Rapids Griffins @ Syracuse Crunch

Rate this topic

You missed the strangest 2 periods of hockey I've ever witnessed. 2 disputed goals, one of which wasn't noticed for several minutes and forced them to add time to the clock. A mistake by the timekeeper on the same issue caused the 2nd period to be 23 minutes long.

A guy ejected for a clean hit with seconds left, then called back from the dressing room a few minutes later, only to be re-ejected for abusing the officials.

A commentator that made Edzo seem fair and balanced, A beauty goal by Mursak and the back of some idiots head popping up in front of the camera everytime anything interesting happened.

I think that sums it up pretty well

So thats what happened in the second. I knew something was up but couldn't pinpoint it.

Guest Crymson

The commentators work for the Crunch. If I'm not mistaken, one of them is a player who is out with injury.

You missed the strangest 2 periods of hockey I've ever witnessed. 2 disputed goals, one of which wasn't noticed for several minutes and forced them to add time to the clock. A mistake by the timekeeper on the same issue caused the 2nd period to be 23 minutes long.

A guy ejected for a clean hit with seconds left, then called back from the dressing room a few minutes later, only to be re-ejected for abusing the officials.

A commentator that made Edzo seem fair and balanced, A beauty goal by Mursak and the back of some idiots head popping up in front of the camera everytime anything interesting happened.

I think that sums it up pretty well

Gah.

Wow.

Crazy game.

The Crunch only lose 1 out of 12 on their way to the CCF and the Griffs beat them 2 straight in Syracuse to start the series.

The team, who comprised last year's AHL Champion Admirals, had gone 27-4 over the last two playoffs going into this year's Finals. Impressive to do what they did in Syracuse's building.

Here's hoping the Griffins can keep it up.

Wanted to say with all the boys being sent down I thought it would hurt the chemistry of the GR's team.

I guess it hasn't and for good reason.

Impressive

I mean they played a large portion of the season with GR, minus Dekeyser

I'm sure it was a big boost to get Nyquist, DeKeyser and Andersson.

Griffs were down and struggling against a powerful Oaklahoma team when the boys returned to the team and sparked turn around. That prompted one writer to dub them (Andy & Nyq reuniting w/ Tatar) "The Just In Time Line".

I can't figure out the color analyst; apparently he's a forward for the Crunch? Injured? He sounds just like Maltby. He plays the "embellishment" card on damn near every Crunch penalty. Whatever.

The hometown announcers aren't too bad until they start questioning Jurco's backhand goal, trying to say that their bad angle, super fuzzy and grainy replay shows a better view of the goal than the referee's overhead angle replay. The angle was behind and to the right of center, and the video was more fuzzy than the picture of Saskquatch.

Guest DeGraa55

What's the ticket situation like in Grand Rapids? Will it be sold out? Is it worth the 5-hour drive, or will I be left out in the cold?

Pretty sure they haven't had a sellout in year lol.

They have been averaging 3000 in playoffs and it holdslike 12000

What's the ticket situation like in Grand Rapids? Will it be sold out? Is it worth the 5-hour drive, or will I be left out in the cold?

The playoffs have not yet had a sell out, though, they've definitely had sell outs this year. I bought tickets this afternoon and there was a line in the middle of the day - which I'm not used to. Anyway, the guy behind the ticket counter said this Friday's game might well sell out.

You can buy tickets a http://griffinshockey.com

Guest DeGraa55

The playoffs have not yet had a sell out, though, they've definitely had sell outs this year. I bought tickets this afternoon and there was a line in the middle of the day - which I'm not used to. Anyway, the guy behind the ticket counter said this Friday's game might well sell out.

You can buy tickets a http://griffinshockey.com

You sure? Even dollar beer Friday nights didn't even get sellouts.....its a shame really all the talent that's here.

You sure? Even dollar beer Friday nights didn't even get sellouts.....its a shame really all the talent that's here.

Fairly positive. The Van Andel holds 10,000 and some change. A couple of games I went to were real close if not officiall sell outs. I could be wrong, though.

That said, playoff attendance has been way, way down. Hopefully fans come out for the Finals, though.

Wow, seats on the glass for 35 bucks in the Finals. Awesome. Too bad that arena management has apparently disenfranchised the fans.

I hadn't heard that. Am I missing something?

Guest DeGraa55

I hadn't heard that. Am I missing something?

Griffins hockey sucks now compared to ten years ago because of the management. There's a reason shy fan counts are low.

Griffins hockey sucks now compared to ten years ago because of the management. There's a reason shy fan counts are low.

Hm. I didn't live here 10 years ago so I guess I'll never know. That sucks, though. I just assumed its because they've had lackluster teams the past few years and just a general lack of interest.

Guest DeGraa55

Hm. I didn't live here 10 years ago so I guess I'll never know. That sucks, though. I just assumed its because they've had lackluster teams the past few years and just a general lack of interest.

We'll that could be part of it as well. But things have changed a lot.

This MLive article says that tonight's game will likely push 9,000 fans and Friday's should sell out. So I'd buy your tickets in advance.

Guest DeGraa55

This MLive article says that tonight's game will likely push 9,000 fans and Friday's should sell out. So I'd buy your tickets in advance.

Ya all the bandwagon fans might finally show up.

Us real fans were the ones showing up and apart of 3000 average attendance crowd lol.