16 replies to this topic

#1 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Not sure if any of you guys have heard much of the new xbox one or PS4 that is coming out but so far and as a huge xbox fan, it sure is disappointing to hear this but PS4 sounds like it's going to blow Xbox one out.

From what I have found out about Xbox one, is you will not be able to buy used games. Fees required to play any game on a second Xbox, which is a huge disappointment for me and my friends. Required Kinect, and this is the biggest hassle of them all I believe, you need to have Internet connectivity to play. You will not be able to play offline.

Now onto PS4, Supports used games, will have to pay for online but it's just under $5 dollars, has extensive and free high quality streaming features for all users. It will be sold for 100 dollars cheaper then Xbox One.

NHL 14 already announce they will not make it for both of these systems, COD: Ghosts will be.

Granted this is just some things that have been said about each console. It's tough to choose which one I will be getting but it sure sucks Xbox took a big step back while PS4 seems to be running away with it.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#2 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

sony needs to send microsoft a fruit basket. Microsoft GAVE sony the next gen console war to them. 

I will be sure to get my ps4 and will be sure to never get an xbox one...

Microsoft is just slapping their long time loyal fans across the face with this console.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#3 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

It's still early, and changes will obviously be made but before I shell out money on either, I would like to play them both first anyways. I still think I will like the Xbox One though, I really liked the feel of the controllers more then Play Stations.

#4 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

est. 1989, representin'.

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm getting a Playstation 4. Just wish NHL '14 was coming with it. I don't feel like purchasing it for my Xbox 360 when I get the new system.

#5 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Well Xbox One has just announce that you will be able to sell games and play on 2nd Xbox. You will not need to have internet to play offline now and is starting to go back in the right direction. It's tough to make a pre order because there both are still switching things but as a Xbox fan, I feel in the end I will be getting the Xbox One first then if I got money sitting around then buy a PS4.

#6 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

Yeah MS basically scrapped everything that pissed everyone off, they announced it officially today. Would have thought they came to their senses before today but I guess not.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#7 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Yeah MS basically scrapped everything that pissed everyone off, they announced it officially today. Would have thought they came to their senses before today but I guess not.

Doesn't change one thing for me:

1. don't play with your potential customers

2. the code for this crap is already in place, what or who should stop them from using it later and then what? No refunds!

3. kinect mandatory - yeah no thanks not letting MS spy out my behaviour, room, face, motions.

4. overpriced the PS 4 has more power and is 100 $$$$ cheaper so thats another huge no brainer

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#8 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Well pretty sure reason for it being 100 dollars more is because of the stupid Kinect, they should make it optional. I won't need it for the games I play.

#9 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Well pretty sure reason for it being 100 dollars more is because of the stupid Kinect, they should make it optional. I won't need it for the games I play.

Just looked at a famous online site and Kinect for the 360 is at 70 $ so I guess the new kinect at 100 $ seems legit, make this crap optional not that hard Microsoft...

Anyway I'll wait till you get a good bundle deal for around 299 $ but  that will be one year later.

lidsretire2.jpg

#10 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Just looked at a famous online site and Kinect for the 360 is at 70 $ so I guess the new kinect at 100 $ seems legit, make this crap optional not that hard Microsoft...

Anyway I'll wait till you get a good bundle deal for around 299 $ but  that will be one year later.

It'll be a lot longer then one year... Lifespan of the current gen consoles is 8-10 years. They take at least 2-4 to reasonably drop down

Posted Image

#11 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

It'll be a lot longer then one year... Lifespan of the current gen consoles is 8-10 years. They take at least 2-4 to reasonably drop down

Oh ok well if the PS 4 is that good and provides the ability to record blu rays I'd want swallow my pride and pay the 399 if the bundle is right.

lidsretire2.jpg

#12 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'll probably get an Xbox one when the price drops since they backed off the used game and DRM stuff. If ME4 is exclusive to the new systems I might make the jump earlier.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#13 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Xbox Live will be having 300,000 servers going on the new Xbox One which is insane, although you haven't heard anything on how much PSN will have but if you think it would be ahead of Xbox you would of heard it by now? I've played both systems online and by far Xbox Live was better and as of right now, will still be better.

#14 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Yeah there really is no comparing the online play and stability between Xbox live and PS Network, but you get what you pay for. Xbox live rarely drops, the online play is always smooth as long as your personal connection is fine, and it's features including party chat and what not puts it leaps ahead of PS Network. I remember a couple years ago when Sony was hacked and PS Net was down for over a month. I'd assume next generation will be the same as Microsoft has a ton more experience with online gaming and is providing so many servers to their users. 

I've been an Xbox live gold member for 9 years now, 7 on my current gamertag and 2 on the original Xbox and will most likely remain so because overall the service has been excellent. I know a lot are opposed to paying to play online annually, but it's like when Netzero used to exist. Sure you can get free internet but if you want something stable and reliable that isn't going to crash and freeze on you then pay out a little bit and get so much more.

#15 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have bought consoles since the release of Nintendo and never ever would I use Internet on them to me they are just: insert game - start and play with friends in the same room. Microsoft xbl service is just a rip off and a way for them to spy out your data.

lidsretire2.jpg

#16 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

I've been an Xbox live gold member for 9 years now, 7 on my current gamertag and 2 on the original Xbox and will most likely remain so because overall the service has been excellent. I know a lot are opposed to paying to play online annually, but it's like when Netzero used to exist. Sure you can get free internet but if you want something stable and reliable that isn't going to crash and freeze on you then pay out a little bit and get so much more.

It's funny because I got Xbox Live for the original Xbox on my birthday and I didn't even set it up for a couple days because I thought I wouldn't even use it. Glad I did because I love it. Also it's funny because when PSN came out and said the users will have to pay a couple bucks for the online, everyone was complaining about it.

I have bought consoles since the release of Nintendo and never ever would I use Internet on them to me they are just: insert game - start and play with friends in the same room. Microsoft xbl service is just a rip off and a way for them to spy out your data.

Well then same can be said for PSN. You seem to have such a hate on Microsoft and how is it a rip off, because you got to pay 60 dollars a year for online?

#17 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

While I do play a lot of single player games, you are missing out on a tremendous aspect of current generation gaming if you are refusing to play nothing online. I was in the military for 4 years, when I initially got an Xbox Gold account it was a way for me to stay in touch with my family and friends and link up to play games with them to get my mind off of all the excessive travel I was doing. It didn't matter where I was in the US I could sit down and play games with my brother.

So no, the service isn't a rip off in the slightest unless you feel the same way about paying for an internet connection in general which guess what, monitors or "spies" on your activity while you use the service they provide for you and you pay for. The current Games with Gold program gives us 2 free games a month through the rest of this year, so in that respect alone $20 worth of free games for the next six months adds up to a lot more than $60 for the year of service.

With all that said I am also an old school gamer, I owned an atari/colecovision, a NES and a ton between then and now but i've adapted and evolved with gaming as it's progressed over the years and not limited myself. Some do, and that's fine, but can't really call a service a "rip off" that you personally never even used or attempted to use, that's just blind hatred. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users