• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

Calder Cup Finals Game 3 GDT - Syracuse Crunch @ Grand Rapids Griffins

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Who are some of the keepers of the veterans on the Griffins?

Looks like the regular veterans include:

Jeff Hoggan

Frankie Pare (Kind of?)

Triston Grant

Brennan Evans

Nathan Paetsch

Brett Skinner

Nobody owns them. They are signed with the Griffins.

Guest Crymson

DeKeyser didn't have a great game. But outside of one penalty, it wasn't a detriment.

Great game overall. Lots of poise and great effort coming from behind.

DeKeyser set up the 2nd goal.

We're you at the game? I thought he looked pretty good but I was trying to watch the feed.

I was, yeah. He logged a lot of minutes, so I guess to say he didn't look great might come across harsh. It's not that he was bad, but had a couple of miscues here and there. Played a good game, but it wasn't among his best performances. At one point he whiffed a writer and then fell down trying to recover the puck, which certainly wasn't a highlight. But I wouldn't go so far as to call it a bad game.

Syracuse pressured the defense a lot, though. I was impressed with their overall play; but the Griffins stood up to the task and played better as the game progressed.

Very exciting game. Crunch was forechecking hard causing lots of bad passes. It didn't help the Griffins were a bit flat footed in the first. Saw Ken Holland and Mike Babcock, they were in the upper balcony behind section 222. Ken Holland and entourage crossed the street behind me as I drove past the arena to park. Always bring a sharpie, you never know who you will bump into. One more win, Lets Go Griffins!

2013-06-12_21-37-41_944_zpsee0d7dd0.jpg

Edited by Hocketownwest

The Crunch looked really frustrated by the end of the game. Lots of slouched players and downed heads. Capped off by their goaltender trying to mix it up with Hoggan after the 4th goal. The guys in that Syracuse locker room haven't been in this position in two years; hopefully the Griffins can continue to push them and take advantage of it.

I wish I could attend on Friday. It should be bedlam. I've never been to a game with a more energetic crowd. The "Let's Go Griffins" chant during Syracuse's time out in the 3rd period was unreal.

I was, yeah. He logged a lot of minutes, so I guess to say he didn't look great might come across harsh. It's not that he was bad, but had a couple of miscues here and there. Played a good game, but it wasn't among his best performances. At one point he whiffed a writer and then fell down trying to recover the puck, which certainly wasn't a highlight. But I wouldn't go so far as to call it a bad game.

Syracuse pressured the defense a lot, though. I was impressed with their overall play; but the Griffins stood up to the task and played better as the game progressed.

It probably didn't help that they lost Almquist in the first. They weathered the storm and banked a good win over an aggressive and frustrated Crunch team.

Edited by rrasco