• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Good job Vancouver!

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425250

This probably had a topic 2 years ago, but now the rioters are being charged and some spent some time in jail. I love how half of the people that were actually involved weren't even hockey fans, they just wanted to steal electronics and other schwag. Good times.

I love how half of the people that were actually involved weren't even hockey fans, they just wanted to steal electronics and other schwag. Good times.

That's how most bigger riots in North America are. In the LA riots here in the States, it seemed everyone and their brother hopped in their cars and trucks to go down and steal some TVs, electronics, furniture, etc. Race was the scapegoat, but 99.9% of people that participated just wanted to steal sh*t and tear things up.

Edited by sleepwalker

That's how most bigger riots in North America are. In the LA riots here in the States, it seemed everyone and their brother hopped in their cars and trucks to go down and steal some TVs, electronics, furniture, etc. Race was the scapegoat, but 99.9% of people that participated just wanted to steal sh*t and tear things up.

Yep. My cousin was working as an engineer for Boeing at that time. He said other engineers were taking the afternoon off to go "shopping" since they could go get free electronics during the riots.

Scary stuff. Once something gets started, people just figure they will blend into the crowd. There's a "they can't get everyone" mentality that makes the odds seem in favour of not getting caught.

People who wouldn't normally do this by themselves all of a sudden get brave. It kind of makes you wonder about what we'd act like without societal pressure.

I wonder just how much of that was planned. Either they would have won it or lost it that night, and either way, the riots could have been blamed on the game. Emotions would have been running high.

Good thing for security cameras. It's cost the province a lot of money, but I'm glad that people are finding they can't get away with things like this.

Edited by 55fan