• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

If he wants 2.5 mil for a couple years, great. If he wants more, bye. Very simple.

Thankfully, a lot of people here disagree with you. Hopefully, Kenny Holland does too. I wouldn't bat an eyelash at Brunner getting 3.5 per as long as the contract wasn't more than 3 years. I like the guy, and he seems like he would make a good long term Red Wing--positive on the ice, on the bench, and in the locker room.

If we don't pay him, someone else will. Salaries are going to be "inflated" whether we like it or not. I ain't mad if KH wants to take a chance on Brunner.

Thankfully, a lot of people here disagree with you. Hopefully, Kenny Holland does too. I wouldn't bat an eyelash at Brunner getting 3.5 per as long as the contract wasn't more than 3 years. I like the guy, and he seems like he would make a good long term Red Wing--positive on the ice, on the bench, and in the locker room.

If we don't pay him, someone else will. Salaries are going to be "inflated" whether we like it or not. I ain't mad if KH wants to take a chance on Brunner.

but flip will certainly be pissed lol, give brunner 3.5 and let flip walk if he won't take less than 4, simple as that

If he wants 2.5 mil for a couple years, great. If he wants more, bye. Very simple.

There's a surprising number of people around this site that seem to agree with you, and that's surprising to me. There are obvious holes in his game, yes. But he's an unrestricted free agent entering his late 20's - he's not your average "2nd year player". People seem to think he's in the same category as Nyquist and Andersson, and he's just not - he's older, more experienced, and did more to develop his pro track record this year. I don't think it will be more than $3 million per, but nothing short of $3.5 million in a 1-3 year deal would "surprise" me.

If he were on some other team last year, I feel like people would be more understanding of his market value. LGW'ers seem inclined to assume that the Wings will get this big discount because he's comfortable here...I doubt that's what will happen. I do want him back.

I dont mind going as high as 3 million for him... The kid does have a knack at scoring goals and a full season I could see him reaching close to 25-30, especially after a full training camp. Our biggest lack right now is goal scoring and you dont fix that by trading away one of your better shooters. This was his first year in smaller rink and the reason we made it to the 2nd round and almost the third was because we were able to have guys that could score on our lower lines. We NEED Brunner back unless you plan on spending 5 million in FA for a similar type player.

now you're just grasping lol

:lol: Am not. You take that back!

I think I'm just trying to deflect from the fact that I have the sinking feeling that Brunner is going to cock tease this along until the final hour.

I'd really hate to see him play for another NHL team. I've become attached. Him staying in Switzerland would be more palatable than having to watch him play for...the Panthers...or something.

Have I mentioned that summers without hockey suck?

If Brunner gets more than 2.5 mil, I will be shocked.

It's that damn 2nd half slump.

His stats were there in the playoffs, but if you go by the eye test, he was still getting push around a bit (GRANTED, he looked more like 1st half Brunes than 2nd half Brunes). Andersson and Nyquist seemed to make him look pretty good at times. He was the "worst" of those 3 in the playoffs. Again, even though the stats say otherwise.

My primary example is his OT goal against Anaheim: Andersson made the pass, Nyquist caused the commotion, and Brunes was in the right place at the right time to clean up the garbage. There is something to be said about being opportunistic though. Brett Hull made a career out of it....

Edited by unsaddleddonald

At times he was our best forward who didn't just announce an extension or doesn't wear that odd 'C' on his jersey.

I say give him 3-years, 3.25 per year.

Dude can OBVIOUSLY score, he improved a ton in just half a season in the NHL. I think he can up his production and the cap hit could be a huge steal.

So...Brunner has the same agent as Ryan Suter? FML

He's probably gonna sign with the Paris DoucheCanoes with Raphael Diaz for 18 billion dollars and 23 years so they can be the new Euro Thunderbuddies.

At least the Paris DoucheCanoes' farm team won the Calder Cup. Oh wait...

Is it wrong to be drunk at 10am on a Wednesday morning?

Hard to tell if Holland is being tactical.......

Free-agent update

Holland said he is continuing talks with impending unrestricted free-agent forwards Daniel Cleary, Damien Brunner and Valtteri Filppula, but roster space is scarce.

“We have big decisions to make,'' Holland said. “We got a push of kids. We got 14 forwards under contract now (including restricted free agents Gustav Nyquist and Joakim Andersson). We'll only carry 14.

“We know we have compliance buyouts at our disposal. I'll explore trades."

I'm talking to Cleary, Brunner, Filppula. If there's a term and number that works for us, we'll try to fit them in. If not, we'll go in a different direction. We like all these players, but sometimes if there's a better opportunity elsewhere a player's got to pursue it.''

Filppula's chances of returning appear slim. He was seeking more than $5 million per season but struggled during the regular season and the playoffs.

Holland said defenseman Ian White was told he won't be re-signed, which was apparent long ago.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/06/red_wings_thrilled_to_have_pav.html

Edited by rick zombo

He's probably gonna sign with the Paris DoucheCanoes with Raphael Diaz for 18 billion dollars and 23 years so they can be the new Euro Thunderbuddies.

nope, If I was able to I would join you in the drunken festivities :)

Someone will probably through Ville Leino money at him. Should be interesting...do you guys think Zetterberg has any pull here? Seemed like the two have a nice history going back to HC Zug. To be honest, I am a little shocked he hasn't resigned already.

If it's wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

we get a guy who LOVES to shoot and score goals, and is willing to put hard work into the holes in his game and we are going to low ball him? but we are content with sammy and cleary at 3mil? and quincey at 3.775?

Edited by Euro_Twins

Guest The Axe

we get a guy who LOVES to shoot and score goals, and is willing to put hard work into the holes in his game and we are going to low ball him? but we are content with sammy and cleary at 3mil? and quincey at 3.775?

Honestly, Id remove Brunner, Cleary, and Filppula right now. Those guys are 4th line material if we give Horton big money (7 mil per).

Franzen-Datsyuk-Horton

Zetterberg-Helm-Nyquist

Tatar-Andersson-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

We are not hurting for small fast guys who can score when they are wide open because Datsyuk is incredible. We are hurting for big, tough, fast guys who take pressure off Datsyuk and give him more room to work his magic. Brunner will not get more than 3 years/2.5 mil per. He is not worth more than that.

Honestly, Id remove Brunner, Cleary, and Filppula right now. Those guys are 4th line material if we give Horton big money (7 mil per).

Franzen-Datsyuk-Horton

Zetterberg-Helm-Nyquist

Tatar-Andersson-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

We are not hurting for small fast guys who can score when they are wide open because Datsyuk is incredible. We are hurting for big, tough, fast guys who take pressure off Datsyuk and give him more room to work his magic. Brunner will not get more than 3 years/2.5 mil per. He is not worth more than that.

Why do you insist on Helm being a 2nd line center?

Otherwise, looks OK.

Guest The Axe

Why do you insist on Helm being a 2nd line center?

Otherwise, looks OK.

I dont have to spot him there. Andersson or Emdog can go there. Just think Helm is the choice at this point.