• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

I support Hollands decisions for the most part, I would not call him a buffoon. I would however say he is willing to play it safe sometimes when he should be taking a bit of a gamble like with Brunner

I like your diplomatic approach, but sometimes i gotta call a spade a spade.

"We are not willong to pay..."

WRONG. Youre willing to pay Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Cleary, etc.

You're just not willing to pay a lot of money to one good player instead of a lot of money to a bunch of average ones.

Knowing that other teams are talking to Brunner's agent right now is like someone trying to sleep with your spouse. I feel dirty. And angry. Like I want to set stuff on fire. :(

Edit: like if I was in a bar right now, I would break a beer bottle on the table and cut a b**ch.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Knowing that other teams are talking to Brunner's agent right now is like someone trying to sleep with your spouse. I feel dirty. And angry. Like I want to set stuff on fire. :(

Edit: like if I was in a bar right now, I would break a beer bottle on the table and cut a b**ch.

You aint alone, should have been taken care of LOOOONNNGGG ago, somehow Miller and others took priority.

Guest The Axe

This is when you tell Brunner to *** himself. He will disappear into nothingness without all the skill players and pp time the Wings surround him with. A good GM woulf have his offer declining by the minute right now.

Edited by vladdy16
LANGUAGE - don't circumvent curse filter

This is when you tell Brunner to himself. He will disappear into nothingness without all the skill players and pp time the Wings surround him with. A good GM woulf have his offer declining by the minute right now.

????

He has every right to see what's out there. I imagine everyone is having a tough time determining his market value right now--so let the market determine his value. Hopefully then he comes back to Kenny and gives him a chance to match. Until then, we wait, and I fantasize about setting other arenas on fire and stabbing other GMs like a jealous girlfriend.

This is when you tell Brunner to himself. He will disappear into nothingness without all the skill players and pp time the Wings surround him with. A good GM woulf have his offer declining by the minute right now.

First time I disagree with you.

Dude was spending his very first year in a system so much more physical and intense than what he's been used and all things considered, I think he did a damn fine job. Also don't forget, he was our top scorer in the playoffs, where it REALLY counts. I foresee him only getting better next season and unless he's looking for an astronomically high salary, he should have been wrapped up already.

Guest The Axe

????

He has every right to see what's out there. I imagine everyone is having a tough time determining his market value right now--so let the market determine his value. Hopefully then he comes back to Kenny and gives him a chance to match. Until then, we wait, and I fantasize about setting other arenas on fire and stabbing other GMs like a jealous girlfriend.

I say let him go. Pav didnt "test". You got Tatar BEGGING for his spot. Bye Brunner.

Guest The Axe

Your opinion, you're entitled to it. I, like many here, want him back. Badly. Because I <3 him.

Fair enough. I respect yours too!

Guest The Axe

this is how I feel the negotiations have gone so far this year with kenny and crew...

Yah. Kinda blah

I say let him go. Pav didnt "test". You got Tatar BEGGING for his spot. Bye Brunner.

No, Pav signed a contract for a team in Russia back in the day, but you were probably only 8 then so you won't remember.

Right now no-one knows what Brunner's market value is, so both sides are willing to wait and see what he's offered.

Guest The Axe

No, Pav signed a contract for a team in Russia back in the day, but you were probably only 8 then so you won't remember.

Right now no-one knows what Brunner's market value is, so both sides are willing to wait and see what he's offered.

Gone.

Guest mjtm77

Kenny hollands decitions make me puke. Yet I am still a die hard fan.......

NOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMIEN! Don't go! Please don't leave me!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system....

I'm usually one for hanging on to the old guys, but in this case, this kid won me over from the get-go.

He is my top priority for re-signing. (NOT RESIGNING!)

I'm sure Miller probably breathed a sigh of relief when he re-signed this summer. Someone is going to have to leave us, and there are only a few that I won't mind saying good-bye to. Damien is not one of them.

I really hope they're just testing to see what other teams would pay him so they can get a fix on what he's worth. I also hope that they take into account that other GM's are trying to reach a floor, and that some GM's have squirrels in their curls when handing out contracts.

Even if it's a bit higher than Kenny would normally pay for an untested player, I think Damien is worth the risk.

Even if it's a bit higher than Kenny would normally pay for an untested player, I think Damien is worth the risk.

This is exactly it. I do not think exceeding 2.5m per season is or will be bad for Brunner over a 3 or 4 year term. Sure he was streaky but it was his first season away from Switzerland so in addition to learning a new style of hockey, he was also adjusting to a new lifestyle and getting himself situated in Michigan. At the end of the day, athletes are people too and adjusting to such a far relocation does not come easy. His game will continue to improve and hopefully by next year, we're all pleased and saying what a steal he is for 2.5-3m

Brunner likes to shoot. This team desperately needs someone who can waltz in and shoot the puck or just shoot in general. Him being an right handed shot does not hurt either. End of the day, Brunner is worth the risk.

I don't think Brunner is gone. Both sides are probably unsure of what his actual value is. He probably wants to field some offers to have some evidence to back up his demands. I don't think Brunner intends to leave the Wings. Whether Holland quibbles over $500,000 or not...

Why is Brunner not signed yet? 5 years at 2.5 - 3 million! Why let him see what other teams are willing to overspend on him? Why risk losing a piece we really need that fit right in from the start, likes the team and being in Detroit, is a great teammate?? I don't get it... I for one will be PISSED if he is not a Red Wing next season

Problem with waiting until now to see what his "market value" is, is that his "market value" is gonna be grossly inflated. At least one team is gonna be willing to toss a truck load of money at this guy...not good

Bingo. "Testing the market" is possibly the worst way to find out a player's value, unless they agree to not consider the off-the-wall offers, but that's what "market value" is- the max a guy can make on the market.

From freep:

"They remain in talks with Daniel Cleary and Damien Brunner...Brunner is looking for around $2.5 million...in a multi year deal."

WHAT IS THE ******* PROBLEM?!?!?!?? That is MORE than reasonable, I don't care if he wants 17 years!