• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Were you watching Great Expectations?

:lol: seems like it, huh?

But if anyone's wondering, The Heat was effing hilarious.

Edit: fwiw, from Kukla's Korner:

"The Wings do have offers out to all of their own three UFAs Valtteri Filppula, Daniel Cleary and Damien Brunner but all three are expected to cross into the free market Friday. Filppula is out of the picture for the Wings, anyway, because he believes himself to be a No. 1 center. Cleary is looking for a three-year contract around $3 million per season, and he has garnered interest from almost a dozen other teams. The Wings remain hopeful of working out a deal because Cleary rebounded from a slow start to have a great playoff stretch, he brings leadership and hes beloved by coach Mike Babcock. Likewise, Brunners camp has been contacted by several suitors, but the Wings remain hopeful of retaining his services, too."

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

"The Wings do have offers out to all of their own three UFAs Valtteri Filppula, Daniel Cleary and Damien Brunner but all three are expected to cross into the free market Friday. Filppula is out of the picture for the Wings, anyway, because he believes himself to be a No. 1 center. Cleary is looking for a three-year contract around $3 million per season, and he has garnered interest from almost a dozen other teams. The Wings remain hopeful of working out a deal because Cleary rebounded from a slow start to have a great playoff stretch, he brings leadership and hes beloved by coach Mike Babcock. Likewise, Brunners camp has been contacted by several suitors, but the Wings remain hopeful of retaining his services, too."

Oh please please please someone else offer cleary a huge contract and take him from us. Please!!!!

Guest Crymson

Cleary is the only one who will be back for sure.

Untrue, as you have no way of being sure of this.

Lol flip is barely a number two center but he thinks he's a number one? Lol I'm on my phone or else I would post the rolling around laughing guy. Bye flip, I like you but apparently you're head is so far up your own keester that you can't see past your own dilisuional thoughts

:clap: I don't know why Kenny didn't put the 'C' on Samuelsson after Nick retired...

but seriously, apparently the cap is going to go to like 70 and then 80 million in the next few years... and we can't give Brunner 2.5 mil????? this is the guy that is having the most fun out there!!

That's a very optimistic cap outlook for the next three years.

I would be surprised if 2.5m was the hurdle in the Brunner negotiations. The term is also important here. Either Brunner wants a longer term with the Wings (and the Wings are hesitant), or Brunner wants a short-term contract so he can earn a raise if/when he established himself in the NHL.

Untrue, as you have no way of being sure of this.

I don't know...it seems to be about as certain as "we like our team". I hate the thought of it but I'm almost positive that if we only sign one of Cleary or Brunner, it will be Cleary. No matter how much it goes against what this team needs.

So....the guy is a UFA in a few hours... Why has he not been re-signed?

Seriously though?

I've been wondering that for about a month now. Truth is, if Holland hasn't signed him by now someone else will. He's the one signing I'm really pissed about. Young talented kid on the rise, loves the Wings wants a long term deal and somehow he manages to hit the free agency mark. That's just really, really bad management. He'd be signed right after Datsyuk if I was Kenny and the kid would know we love him and want him to be around for a long time.

I wonder if Kenny thinks we are a small market team ... like the Devils ... even though it seems totally off base and might not make sense ... I worry that Holland's cautious approach is going to leave the team with one or two stars and a supporting cast ... with an unwillingness to pay for others who could take us to the next level ... we aren't there yet, but we might be close to getting there ... I hope the brass realizes how good they have it with Mr. I. If he dies, Holland and many others might be (eventually) given their walking papers ... Holland may be trying to keep the ship steady, but it may start to sink before reaching the prized island.

Guest Crymson

I've been wondering that for about a month now. Truth is, if Holland hasn't signed him by now someone else will. He's the one signing I'm really pissed about. Young talented kid on the rise, loves the Wings wants a long term deal and somehow he manages to hit the free agency mark. That's just really, really bad management. He'd be signed right after Datsyuk if I was Kenny and the kid would know we love him and want him to be around for a long time.

Thanks for dictating to us this completely uncertain "truth."

I'll wait and see what happens.