• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

There is absolutely no basis for this and complete speculation on my part. But regarding bob mckenzies last tweet, anyone else get a gut feel it could have been brunner?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Some think NHL issued memo yesterday to cool specific negotiations because one club complained to NHL about losing its UFA before UFA begins

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Player may have said: I have better offer elsewhere, I'm not coming back. GM flipped he was beat by competing offer before UFA period begins

Like I said it could literally be any player, so don't assume anything or jump down my throat I'm more thinking out loud here.

There is absolutely no basis for this and complete speculation on my part. But regarding bob mckenzies last tweet, anyone else get a gut feel it could have been brunner?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Some think NHL issued memo yesterday to cool specific negotiations because one club complained to NHL about losing its UFA before UFA begins

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Player may have said: I have better offer elsewhere, I'm not coming back. GM flipped he was beat by competing offer before UFA period begins

Like I said it could literally be any player, so don't assume anything or jump down my throat I'm more thinking out loud here.

It's been widely speculated that the GM in question was Dean Lombardi in LA.

My feels about this are out of control right now. I can't even...

I feel like I need to go to Switzerland and stand outside Brunner's window with a boom box.

Flash him your ****. Be sure to put the Winged Wheel on each of them first.

I'll even chip in for one boob's worth of tattoo if he re-signs because of you. (To prove that it was because of you, he must specifically mention the tats.)

Oh. Sorry. Didn't realize we can't say ****. Ok. Flash him your ta-tas.

Edited by 55fan

Flash him your ****. Be sure to put the Winged Wheel on each of them first.

I'll even chip in for one boob's worth of tattoo if he re-signs because of you. (To prove that it was because of you, he must specifically mention the tats.)

Oh. Sorry. Didn't realize we can't say ****. Ok. Flash him your ta-tas.

I will paint them on if you don't want to pay for tats/want them permanently ;)

I do, too. Maybe I'm just naive, but Brunner has this doe-eyed "gee golly shucks" good naturedness about him. He seems so happy with everything, and gets so excited about experiencing new things, he probably does just genuinely want to know, haha.

I get the sense he's just genuinely curious about the whole going-to-market experience and learning what his "real value" is.

I do believe his agent was pretty up front on the fact that they did want to go to market but they would loop back with Kenny to match/beat offers.

Guys, according to reports Brunner told Holland he wants to test the market, but will come back for them to match or beat.

His plan the entire time has been to test the market.

That is why I am a bigger fan of Alfie at 3.5 than a bidding war for Brunner (think Damien Brunnstrum) who has had a decent half of a season!