• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Guys, according to reports Brunner told Holland he wants to test the market, but will come back for them to match or beat.

His plan the entire time has been to test the market.

That is why I am a bigger fan of Alfie at 3.5 than a bidding war for Brunner (think Damien Brunnstrum) who has had a decent half of a season!

I see this being true, his agent is a shark but he seems like a decent dude lets just hope the price doesnt get unreal before he signs

From Ted Kulfan:

Brunner appears to be headed for the free-agent market and likely will not return to the Wings.

The Red Wings could also be in the hunt for one of many unrestricted free agent centers available such as Mike Ribeiro, Stephen Weiss or Mikhail Grabovski.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130705/SPORTS0103/307050074#ixzz2YBlaSksG

Really want Brunner.... this sucks.

Just because he hit the free agent market doesn't mean he is gone. We've signed several players over the years after they hit the market. Is like to know if these writers have any real information indicating he is gone or if they are just assuming and being unimaginitive.

Guest The Axe

Honestly, I like Alfredsson over Brunner for 2013-14. I like Brunner over a lot of other guys, but i think we've upgraded the 6 spot by replacing Brunner for Alfredsson JUST for next year.

Thats the beauty when you aren't expecting anything, you are not going to be disappointed there was enough time to get this done I don't blame Brunner one bit best of luck wherever you are ending up you deserve an organization which appreciates you.

Edited by frankgrimes

Honestly, I like Alfredsson over Brunner for 2013-14. I like Brunner over a lot of other guys, but i think we've upgraded the 6 spot by replacing Brunner for Alfredsson JUST for next year.

So who replaces Flip?

Ha

Weiss isn't as good as Flip, and he's older. This is turning into a train wreck.

Haha really? they are less that a year apart in age and Weiss has scored more points per game in his career than Fil. Time for a change at center on the 2nd line and I'm all for some new blood there. Fli was so passive this year it was hard to watch.

Ha

Haha really? they are less that a year apart in age and Weiss has scored more points per game in his career than Fil. Time for a change at center on the 2nd line and I'm all for some new blood there. Fli was so passive this year it was hard to watch.

I agree that Weiss has more points... but he's pretty injury prone... Both of these guys are underacheivers however, Flip already knows the system... Weiss needs a sniper, and Brunner would have been that guy, but word is, he's gone and we filled Brunner's spot with a 40 year old.

I agree that Weiss has more points... but he's pretty injury prone... Both of these guys are underacheivers however, Flip already knows the system... Weiss needs a sniper, and Brunner would have been that guy, but word is, he's gone and we filled Brunner's spot with a 40 year old.

With the exception of last season he's played at least 74 games a year since being a full time NHLer. Injury prone he is not.

With the exception of last season he's played at least 74 games a year since being a full time NHLer. Injury prone he is not.

Never let the facts get in the way of an opinion!

From a numbers standpoint, I'll admit that I misread the charts for 03-04 and 05-06 wherein he played 60 and 41 games respectively. But still, three shortened years in 10 isn't bad.

Maybe Helm can center the 2nd line, Anderson the 3rd, and someone else the 4th. Get BRUNNER, GET HIM, HE IS A STUDDDD. Brunner-Anderson-Nyquest would be the best 3rd line in the league. GETTER DONE KENNY.

Maybe Helm can center the 2nd line, Anderson the 3rd, and someone else the 4th. Get BRUNNER, GET HIM, HE IS A STUDDDD. Brunner-Anderson-Nyquest would be the best 3rd line in the league. GETTER DONE KENNY.

LOL, 3 guys with a combined career total games played less than one season is your best 3rd line in hockey?

Really, I think Chi would have something to say about that!

Just think Sammy's contract has turned into a major obstacle in keeping Brunner.

That's why you don't do multi-year deals to roster filler garbage.

That's why you don't give an old man an NTC

J Walter Weatherman, is that you?

But, yeah. I agree.

Anyone else consider Brunner not signing anywhere else yet a good thing? Tells me no team came in & blew him away with an offer. Might just me being overly optimistic though.

I'll take whatever optimism we can find at this point. TSN talking a lot about Wings/Weiss not so much about Brunner.

Anyone else consider Brunner not signing anywhere else yet a good thing? Tells me no team came in & blew him away with an offer. Might just me being overly optimistic though.

no reports of teams even being interested in him/talking to him.. not that i've heard anyway. surprising and probably more of a good thing imo

I read that he's had offers but that's all I've heard. Makes me think he really just wanted to see what he's worth.

Yeah this was probably the plan that he and his agent had all along to try and get some kind of base/starting point for them to ultimately to sign with Detroit.