• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Brunners alleged asking price was fair. It's a shame we couldn't ditch Sammy and sign him. That little weasel can rot in the minors for all I care. I hope we can sign nyquist Andy and smith

Sammy appears to have become a problem. I did not like the signing and him using a questionable injury to handcuff management (which impacts the roster) may not go over well come this fall.

Brunner - I like the guy, but this is a numbers game. Tatar (hopefully) can look to fill that spot, at a lower cost.

Nyquist and Smith will be signed.

This is just a negotiation tactic. I read somewhere last year that Suter's agent (same as Brunner's) always advised his clients to go to free agency and wait it out. I obviously haven't followed this dude's career or anything, but it looks like the same bag of tricks. Push them to free agency, and wait to see how how teams will go in the scramble. I doubt Detroit goes any higher, but Brunner might well find that he's better off where he was after this all plays out.

This is just a negotiation tactic. I read somewhere last year that Suter's agent (same as Brunner's) always advised his clients to go to free agency and wait it out. I obviously haven't followed this dude's career or anything, but it looks like the same bag of tricks. Push them to free agency, and wait to see how how teams will go in the scramble. I doubt Detroit goes any higher, but Brunner might well find that he's better off where he was after this all plays out.

He may also find out all the monmey has been spent. I think he will sign within 24 hours. I have no idea where but those that hit the market usually leave their last club.

Ken Holland: "Still in touch with Daniel Cleary, expect Damien Brunner to be moving on to another situation.... But been a tremendous day."

Well get back in touch with Brunner and dump Cleary. With Brunner, we have a top 9.

I'm not mad about today, but I don't really understand it. They could have signed Weiss, let Flip, White, and Colaiacovo go, and kept Brunner. This Alfie thing makes no sense to me. Can we go a year without spending money on a retread? They fail far more than they ever work.

Since the inception of the Cap, Holland has built a roster based on the money. It appears he will not over spend to make a 1-2 year run. Rather, his goal is to keep putting in parts to keep the team competitive, in the playoffs every year. I also believe this is Holland rebuilding. Signing the vets makes this team a top 5 club, while still builting for the next generation to take the reigns.

top 5 - Bash away but I believe this club ended the season as a top 5 team. The D is set for years, and so is the net. Sure, losing a younger net finding forward like Brunner hurts, but I am confident has a plan to bring on young buck forwards. Fil and Brunner for Alfie and Weiss.... I have no complaints.

Sounds like we wanted Brunner, he (or his agent from the sounds of it) didn't want to sign before noon and we moved forward instead of waiting on him.

If it's about the fit for Brunner and not the money then why wouldn't he take less to stay here? He said he loved playing here. His sample size is tiny..I just don't get this angle whether it's coming from him or his agent.

Alfredson isn't a bad deal (still think Vinny would've been a much smarter way to go), and Weiss, while mostly lateral, was necessary and it's good to see that a hole was plugged instead of left wide open for a change. But I don't think losing Brunner is a good call. You can blame Sammy all you want with his injury complaint, but someone still signed him to a crazy stupid deal last summer in the first place.

Edited by gcom007