• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

I'm pretty optimistic that we will resign him. He always said that he liked Detroit and that he wan'ts to stay here if possible. And if I was him I would try to win the Cup with this experinced and deep but also young and hungry team now instead of making one or two Mil. extra.

Supposedly he wasn't coming back, according to sources.

Any updates on the supposed interest in Morrow? He's an upgrade over Cleary.

Jeez, where the hell are we gonna put all these forwards?

Not sure I would agree with this. Morrow looked very Cleary-esque and appeared to be out of gas much of the time during the Pens' playoff run.

Not sure I would agree with this. Morrow looked very Cleary-esque and appeared to be out of gas much of the time during the Pens' playoff run.

Staying away from both of those guys seems to be the way to go at this point. Just sign BRUNNER please and thank you :ok:

Morrow was playing with a split knee cap which was slowing him down. When healthy, he brings a lot to the table.

Losing Brunner will amount to almost nothing when this season gets underway - because what exactly are we losing?

With the depth at forward this year, Brunner would be in the same position he ended last season, playing RW on our 3rd line. If you remember, Brunner scored his first 10 goals playing with Zetterberg in the first 19 games of the season getting close to first line minutes. When the rest of the league started to get their legs back and the quality of play increased, he scored only 2 goals in the remaining 25 games from the third line. The playoffs showed a better GPG rate, but 5 goals in 14 games isn't worth gambling on a 3 year contract when he hasn't played an 82 game season yet.

So, back to the original question which was what are we losing? Considering that Tomas Tatar will be taking his spot, an equally fast but better two-way winger, the answer is almost nothing. I understand depth, but there is no room in the top 6 for Brunner and certainly nowhere on the checking line. You could argue that with Tatars cheaper contract, the fact he is 5 years younger and plays with Grit, this is probably an upgrade. Oh, and not to mention Tatar also proved to be a pretty good playoff scorer last year in the Calder Cup.

Edited by WingedWheel91

f1873ea11d78bece7550d9b5096378fb_normal.

SwissHockeyNews

About 9 hours ago

NHL | Apparently, the only offer Damien #Brunner got so far was from the #RedWings. But #VAN, #CHI, #MTL and #CAR interested. (@JoeChapp)

Translate Reply

FWIW. Keep hope alive. ;)

Oh please oh please oh please oh please

I'm really surprised at how upset I am at the thought of losing Brunner. He felt like a Red Wing to me :(

Losing Brunner will amount to almost nothing when this season gets underway - because what exactly are we losing?

With the depth at forward this year, Brunner would be in the same position he ended last season, playing RW on our 3rd line. If you remember, Brunner scored his first 10 goals playing with Zetterberg in the first 19 games of the season getting close to first line minutes. When the rest of the league started to get their legs back and the quality of play increased, he scored only 2 goals in the remaining 25 games from the third line. The playoffs showed a better GPG rate, but 5 goals in 14 games isn't worth gambling on a 3 year contract when he hasn't played an 82 game season yet.

So, back to the original question which was what are we losing? Considering that Tomas Tatar will be taking his spot, an equally fast but better two-way winger, the answer is almost nothing. I understand depth, but there is no room in the top 6 for Brunner and certainly nowhere on the checking line. You could argue that with Tatars cheaper contract, the fact he is 5 years younger and plays with Grit, this is probably an upgrade. Oh, and not to mention Tatar also proved to be a pretty good playoff scorer last year in the Calder Cup.

Just like most NHL rookies he hit a wall from playing so much and just wasn't use to it. Brunner and Nyquist gave use a damn good 3rd line, a defense liability but that will take time to learn to straighten out.

With a full training camp, more time to get use to the NA game, and not such a condensed schedule I think he would be just fine.

Guest Crymson
f1873ea11d78bece7550d9b5096378fb_normal.
SwissHockeyNews
About 9 hours ago
NHL | Apparently, the only offer Damien #Brunner got so far was from the #RedWings. But #VAN, #CHI, #MTL and #CAR interested. (@JoeChapp)

FWIW. Keep hope alive. ;)

Interesting.

That said, of the listed teams, only Carolina can afford to give him a long-term contract.

Interesting.

That said, of the listed teams, only Carolina can afford to give him a long-term contract.

Brunner is about the last thing Montreal needs. They are already too small up front. I hope he doesn't go to Chicago... I can't imagine they can/will offer much to him.

Well said

In the end, it's all aboutvthe money. If a team offers brunner a longer term it's securing HIS future. It's selfish but why not be when you can? Alfie, I believe was offered a similar contract but he wants a cup now. There's nothing else left for an elite player to do if he hasn't won it yet. Paid elite money for almost 18 years without a cup will have you swaying your loyalty.

Dats and z never tested because they KNOW their value. Brunner is just starting to see that now. I'd be excited if I was him so I can't judge him. An extra $2 million a year for 4-5 years? You'd be insane not to take that and in the cap world anyone can win.

I say he signs with us and sammy finally gets some bengay on his pectoral muscles and gets bought out.

@HeleneStJames: Saturday Situation Report: Who are the Red Wings looking to sign, trade, and why Damien Brunner is gone http://t.co/rZZbZJ9BH7 via @freep

If true, and the Wings weren't willing to give him 3 for 3? That's some ******* bulls***.