• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

They must be convinced that Brunner is not going to be the real deal. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

this. I assume they were on him about his defensive game from the moment he started practice here.. did it get better all season? I don't think so, not too much anyway.. maybe they think he can't learn to play enough of a two way game to make 3m+? Idk just my thoughts on it

This is bull crap. I have OFFICIALLY lost faith in Holland as a GM in the cap era. Cleary resigning for $500,000 less for the same amount of years... Done.

Yet you'll watch next season just like everyone else, settle down.

We're all going to bitter about not signing Brunner (and for those who don't like him, you win lol) but when it all comes down to it...no big deal. We signed two great FA's yesterday and we don't need to overpay for a guy who hasn't proved himself 100% during a full-season. It's not the Wings MO to do something like that.

Yet you'll watch next season just like everyone else, settle down.

We're all going to bitter about not signing Brunner (and for those who don't like him, you win lol) but when it all comes down to it...no big deal. We signed two great FA's yesterday and we don't need to overpay for a guy who hasn't proved himself 100% during a full-season. It's not the Wings MO to do something like that.

Implying Alfredsson is worth 5.5 million at age 40. I won't watch if I don't like what I see or hear. Unlike some fans I have other stuff to do with my life than waste 2-3 hours on crap I don't like or am disappointed in. I haven't watched the Tigers since mid May for that same reason. The only thing worth noting for them is that Scherzer is undefeated still, but when that ends it's Cabrera or what?

I hated last offseason and the lockout so I didn't watch the Wings until the playoffs.

Implying Alfredsson is worth 5.5 million at age 40. I won't watch if I don't like what I see or hear. Unlike some fans I have other stuff to do with my life than waste 2-3 hours on crap I don't like or am disappointed in. I haven't watched the Tigers since mid May for that same reason. The only thing worth noting for them is that Scherzer is undefeated still, but when that ends it's Cabrera or what?

I hated last offseason and the lockout so I didn't watch the Wings until the playoffs.

You just copy/pasted Websters definition of 'bandwagon fan'.....strap in, we are expecting some turbulence ahead and it may get a little bumpy for ya.

Hockey is a game, doesn't effect your life and thats just a reminder for you too...whats mind boggling though is how much you give a $h!t for not even watching the sport apparently. If you were watching you would know why a 1 year deal for alfy at 5.5 million IS worth it.

When signing a skilled verteran that usually means one thing, the teams trying for the upcoming stanley cup. Unlike any other playoff team last year, Detroit was the closest to stopping the stanley cup champions. Might not mean as much now but it does tell you the redwings aren't as awful as your implying

Guest DeGraa55

Hockey is a game, doesn't effect your life and thats just a reminder for you too...whats mind boggling though is how much you give a $h!t for not even watching the sport apparently. If you were watching you would know why a 1 year deal for alfy at 5.5 million IS worth it.When signing a skilled verteran that usually means one thing, the teams trying for the upcoming stanley cup. Unlike any other playoff team last year, Detroit was the closest to stopping the stanley cup champions. Might not mean as much now but it does tell you the redwings aren't as awful as your implying

I agree thanks to his deal or even Sammy or berts or even quincey we couldn't sign who we needed and will get stuck with Alfie and cleary.

Alfie is totally, completely worth 5.5m hell cleay is worth at least 7m.

I dunno man pro sports is just weird sometimes like if all my favourite players signed on another team and all players i hate signed here, why should I feel loyalty to an organization of people i don't like? especially if i don't live there?

I dunno man pro sports is just weird sometimes like if all my favourite players signed on another team and all players i hate signed here, why should I feel loyalty to an organization of people i don't like? especially if i don't live there?

It sounds like you are putting being a fan of the team up against being a fan of specific players. Some people are capable of doing both. I suppose some are not. It seems to me as if you have come to a conclusion. Maybe you should start a Let's Go Damien Brunner message board.

Bringing Brunner in was a low risk-high reward for the Wings last year especially considering it was a 1 yr contract. Yes, the man wants a big pay raise. He does deserve an increase, but that is still yet to be determined. Wings should of offered him the money he wanted only based on production and etc rolled into bonuses.

Guest The Axe

Well Brunner just wait 8 more years and the Wings are going to give you 5 mil plus and if you are finally 35 + you might even get a ntc you are just too young sorry...

3 years around 3m per would havebeen fair forboth sides

Brunner is a VERY poor man's Briere. I would have let him walk too. 2.5 mil per for whatever term he chose was a fair offer.