• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

f1873ea11d78bece7550d9b5096378fb_normal.

SwissHockeyNews

about 4 hours ago

Rumour | Both the Buffalo #Sabres and the Florida #Panthers seem to be interested in signing Damien #Brunner.

And, as you know..

2wyqyrb9uxl8zapdofwv_normal.jpeg

georgemalik

about 5 hours ago

Afternoon post updated 4x: @tkulfan believes that Damien Brunner will ink a $4 million contract this week! http://t.co/2u03hglthy

Sabres? Maybe he can play on a line with Leino! As a matter of fact, perhaps Sammy will waive his NTC and they can make a line call it the misfit exwings? Awww, we can dream.

Good GOD who in their right mind would want to go from playing for the Detroit Red Wings to playing for the Buffalo Sabres or Florida Panthers?!?! It would take way more than a difference of 1.5 mil in salary to get me to do that kind of dumpster diving if I were a player. f*** that.

Good GOD who in their right mind would want to go from playing for the Detroit Red Wings to playing for the Buffalo Sabres or Florida Panthers?!?! It would take way more than a difference of 1.5 mil in salary to get me to do that kind of dumpster diving if I were a player. f*** that.

Easy to say that, but this isn't exactly a big name NBA player deciding between $20 million vs. $18.5 million.

We're talking much less money. Besides, I'd rather live in Florida and make $1.5 million more.

4 mil?

I mean, I love Brunner as much as the next guy, but come on......guy only has half a season under his belt.

We all know what happened to........wait, who was the guy who went to Dallas and scored a hat trick his first game just to go cold half season- onwards?

if he doesn't care about winning lol

Maybe it's just me and this pesky thing called "integrity," but isn't that the whole point of being an athlete?! I mean, you're gonna be a millionaire either way for f***'s sake. I guess Brunner just seemed like a guy that LOVED the game, which to me would mean wanting to play for a contender with a great group of guys like PAVEL ******* DATSYUK and fans that ******* bleed for their team. But what do I know--I'm never gonna be a professional athlete or come close to smelling millions of dollars in my lifetime.

Well I guess it's abundantly clear that I am in the anger stage :lol:

And yes Euro Twins I have been drinking so you can shut your mouth lol.

I like Brunner, and wouldn't complain if we could re-sign him for 3 million or less, but if he truly walks, I'm okay with that. We'll be solid this upcoming season as is. Next years free agent class is going to be 10 times better than this year and we will have some spots clearing up, and cap.

Gaborik, Heatley, Vanek, Thornton, Marleau, Stastny, Sedin, Sedin, Cammalleri, Iginla, Kessel, Pominville, Hemsky, Bergeron, Jokinen, Legwand, Michalek, Callahan, Pavelski, Steen, Brown, Moulson, Vrbata, Setoguchi, Kulemin, Ott, Boyle, etc.

Bouwmeester, Boyle, Phaneuf, Markov, Pitkanen, Komisarek, Meszaros, Orpik, Hjalmarsson, Girardi, Greene, Niskanen, Emelin, Diaz, etc.

The thing is this should have been done some weeks ago why did he wait so long. It is not like the Wings played till January...if Brunner goes I hope he signs with the Islanders they are a young and coming team him and Tavares would be deadly

I don't think he waited. He tried to sign Brunner, but Brunner and his agent dictated this. If ya want to dance, you need a dance partner.

Edited by whitey

Guest The Axe

I like Brunner, and wouldn't complain if we could re-sign him for 3 million or less, but if he truly walks, I'm okay with that. We'll be solid this upcoming season as is. Next years free agent class is going to be 10 times better than this year and we will have some spots clearing up, and cap.

Gaborik, Heatley, Vanek, Thornton, Marleau, Stastny, Sedin, Sedin, Cammalleri, Iginla, Kessel, Pominville, Hemsky, Bergeron, Jokinen, Legwand, Michalek, Callahan, Pavelski, Steen, Brown, Moulson, Vrbata, Setoguchi, Kulemin, Ott, Boyle, etc.

Bouwmeester, Boyle, Phaneuf, Markov, Pitkanen, Komisarek, Meszaros, Orpik, Hjalmarsson, Girardi, Greene, Niskanen, Emelin, Diaz, etc.

+1. This is a good point.

Next season we'll have the following players under contract:

Forwards:

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Weiss

Franzen

Helm

Tootoo

Abdelkader

Miller

Defense:

Kronwall

Kindl

Lashoff

Goaltender:

Howard

Mrazek

So we'll need 6 forwards and 4 defensemen. Assuming Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar, Smith, and DeKeyser stay, and that seems to be pretty automatic at this point, we'll need to fill 3 forward slots and 2 defensemen.

I assume we'll end up re-signing Ericsson and I hope we sign Phaneuf.

Then I'm not sure if we have any kids coming up at that point, but assuming we don't, there is a chance we re-sign Alfredsson for one more year. Then I hope we go after someone like Kessel or Vanek and Bergeron or Brown. Pipe dreams, I'm sure, but I can hope.

Ok. I will explain:

Alfredsson is signed, making Brunner expendable.

You dont need to be a rocket scientist or even a sesquipedalian to understand why Brunner is now expendable. It's quite an easy concept.

right that is what I meant by explain... again saying the same things you keep saying. How is someone who is a righty and loves to shoot and can score truly expendable, even on the third line he is awesome. You can't tell me guys like Miller or Eaves, or even Tootoo are less expendable than him. For a team in need of scoring, getting rid of a potential 20-30 goal scorer is a bit ridiculous

Like every Ufa class, guys like Bergeron wIll never hit the market and I highly doubt either Kessel or Phaneuf will be let go in Toronto. Statsny, Letwand, Grenne and Girardi would be very tempting.

Brunner signing with the Sabers would make sense, imagine him on a line with Vanek and that Vancouver guy....deadly but the Panthers? They have Gudbranson, Huberdau and that's about it

Easy to say that, but this isn't exactly a big name NBA player deciding between $20 million vs. $18.5 million.

We're talking much less money. Besides, I'd rather live in Florida and make $1.5 million more.

No income tax in the state of Florida either, I believe?

Yes, and none of those guys are going to re-sign either! I'm so glad we got a stab at Perry and getzlaf this year like everyone said. Oh wait...

Guest The Axe

right that is what I meant by explain... again saying the same things you keep saying. How is someone who is a righty and loves to shoot and can score truly expendable, even on the third line he is awesome. You can't tell me guys like Miller or Eaves, or even Tootoo are less expendable than him. For a team in need of scoring, getting rid of a potential 20-30 goal scorer is a bit ridiculous

I didnt say others werent expendable or less expendable. I could tell you that, though. Brunner doesnt want to be here for a FAIR price (2.5 mil). Sionara, kid. Have fun in Leino Land.

Like every Ufa class, guys like Bergeron wIll never hit the market and I highly doubt either Kessel or Phaneuf will be let go in Toronto. Statsny, Letwand, Grenne and Girardi would be very tempting. Brunner signing with the Sabers would make sense, imagine him on a line with Vanek and that Vancouver guy....deadly but the Panthers? They have Gudbranson, Huberdau and that's about it

Given the rumors out of Toronto that Pheneuf is being shopped, I myself wouldn't say highly doubt.

Guest Crymson

4 mil?

I mean, I love Brunner as much as the next guy, but come on......guy only has half a season under his belt.

We all know what happened to........wait, who was the guy who went to Dallas and scored a hat trick his first game just to go cold half season- onwards?

You're thinking of Brunnstrom. He scored 17 goals in 55 games in his rookie season (as compared to 12 in 44 for Brunner), and it was all downhill from there.

Guest DeGraa55

Next season we'll have the following players under contract:

Forwards:

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Weiss

Franzen

Helm

Tootoo

Abdelkader

Miller

Defense:

Kronwall

Kindl

Lashoff

Goaltender:

Howard

Mrazek

So we'll need 6 forwards and 4 defensemen. Assuming Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar, Smith, and DeKeyser stay, and that seems to be pretty automatic at this point, we'll need to fill 3 forward slots and 2 defensemen.

I assume we'll end up re-signing Ericsson and I hope we sign Phaneuf.

Then I'm not sure if we have any kids coming up at that point, but assuming we don't, there is a chance we re-sign Alfredsson for one more year. Then I hope we go after someone like Kessel or Vanek and Bergeron or Brown. Pipe dreams, I'm sure, but I can hope.

You're forgetting a back up goalie. And honestly with our youth at defense I wouldn't be surprised to see Ericsson and quinceu both go. But I'm guessing it depends non Ericssons asking price.

Given the rumors out of Toronto that Pheneuf is being shopped, I myself wouldn't say highly doubt.

I listened to Nonis and he basically said, for the right deal = making their team better everyone is available but they aren't shopping players BUT also aren't in a hurry to re-sign their two superstars.

Do the Wings still hold the rights to Brunner if so I would try to get something out of it and grant Buffalo etc. exclusive access in order to talk with him.

I listened to Nonis and he basically said, for the right deal = making their team better everyone is available but they aren't shopping players BUT also aren't in a hurry to re-sign their two superstars.

Do the Wings still hold the rights to Brunner if so I would try to get something out of it and grant Buffalo etc. exclusive access in order to talk with him.

no one owns brunners rights currently. He's a UFA now.

Yes, and none of those guys are going to re-sign either! I'm so glad we got a stab at Perry and getzlaf this year like everyone said. Oh wait...

Yeah, slight difference.... those were the ONLY two big names potentially hitting free agency. There are 15+ forwards of significance, and some have already been talked about being moved, namely Vanek.

I didnt say others werent expendable or less expendable. I could tell you that, though. Brunner doesnt want to be here for a FAIR price (2.5 mil). Sionara, kid. Have fun in Leino Land.

I agree for the right price he should be here, I am not advocating him being over layed, I am just saying there are players more expendable than he is, which to me doesn't quite make him expendable, although we will be alright without him but he does add some extra goal scoring depth. Also I love fedorov. I will defend him till the day I die, so what if he wanted more money and went where someone was willing to pay him, that's the nhl

Whoa there, big guy. "Swiss crap?" Lolwhut? And I'm one of the biggest Fedorov apologists on here, along with a s*** ton of other people. This comment comes across as straight trolling, Axe. You're better than that. You may be crazy sometimes, but don't sink to troll level please.

Yeah, woah. I'm with THIS comment, not the one he quote that completely slammed Brunner. Brunner was like a $5 lottery ticket that paid our $250, and people have the nerve to curse their luck that they didn't win the $1 million jackpot. He was paid virtually nothing last year, and yet people act like they were "ripped off" by him. I don't get it. Even if you factor in all the slumps and the defensive gaffes, that's probably a $2.5 to $3.5 million player there. And he would have GOT that too if the Wings had been able to compliance buyout Sammy, or weren't still saddled with Tootoo's $1.9 AAV. Brunner isn't a "kid", he's in his late 20's and has had almost a decade of professional hockey experience. It's possible he's being unreasonable, but I don't blame him for wanting to get paid given that he probably expects to be a 25 to 30 goal scorer next year, and he may be right.

As for Fedorov, the point is well-taken (if not the anti-Brunner rhetoric). Yzerman could barely get this team into the Playoffs for years until Fedorov (and Lidstrom) became Red Wings. I'm in the even smaller camp of "2009 Hossa apologists", so I guess the pattern with me is that if you play hard as a Red Wing and aren't a total jerk about how you left, I don't carry the hate.

Edited by StormJH1