• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

I predict that some people take this seriously and an over zealous MOD warns you about posting fake stories..

FTR: I think it's funny.

I thought about that, but not until after I hit 'Post'. I guess we'll see how this goes.

I don't know what t4 means, but if it were a riddle I'd guess t = time = 4 days? So they are going to announce it on monday?`

I'm guessing the t4 is Travis' version of the Eklind rating system that he's busting on.

FWIW I find it humorous as well.

Guest The Axe

It would be funny now if the Devils get him.

Yes.

Elias is shaking his head.

He went from accepting 2,5 to want 4? That does not seem right. Anyway, any team that pays Brunner 3,5 after one season is truly desperate.

Buddy, Sammy is paid $3M... so $3.5 for Brunner isn't that bad.

The 3 years before he signed that deal he had 2 seasons with 50+ points and his full season pace the other year when he was hurt was 52. If it was another player his size with those exact stats and abilities people would have liked that signing.

Didn't Carolina express interest in him a little ago? If they still got it, I see him going to Carolina for sure. They need to clear cap space but apparently they had reached out to a FA, they kinda declined it due to term and money? And now they are saying that that free agent wants to come to Carolina now and had reached out to them but in order to sign them they need to clear cap space. Makes sense if its Brunner. They expressed interest early, he could've declined when asking for a long term high price tag then when he realized the market was small for himself reput himself out there for them. Of course Carolina would make a big deal over a signing like this also.

What makes it more likely is that everyone had thought it would be Jagr they were speaking on behalf of. Jagr's agent apparently confirmed that he isn't going to CAR.

"I made him an offer, Holland said of Brunner, and he didnt like it."

From this article: http://m.record-eagle.com/TRE/pm_104245/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=J4aBcGCk

I wonder how much of this situation is a naive player putting all his trust in a shark of an agent...? Whatever.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

The longer Brunner remains unsigned, the less people around here can blame Holland. It seems like he's asking for a pretty decent chunk of money. I'm pretty comfortable that Holland made the right move with his signings.

His past signings (i.e. Sammy) might not have worked out, but given that past years' mistakes can't be undone, Holland has executed flawlessly this offseason IMO.