• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

I have to laugh at how bad everyone wanted this guy re-signed, and when he held out, everyone got on Holland to get it done, and now that he is a Devil, everyone is like, yeah, so, big deal, he's not that good anyway. If he's really not that good, then why did we want to re-sign him anyway?

If he's really not that good, then why did we want to re-sign him anyway?

We need to score more goals. He's a goal-scorer.

But, with Alfreddson and Weiss coming aboard (which - in addition to Abdelkader getting what will probably be a full season on the top line - should make our top six more dynamic), and with Tatar looking like the perfect Brunner replacement (if not upgrade).........

I have to laugh at how bad everyone wanted this guy re-signed, and when he held out, everyone got on Holland to get it done, and now that he is a Devil, everyone is like, yeah, so, big deal, he's not that good anyway. If he's really not that good, then why did we want to re-sign him anyway?

Brunner was more of a want than a need after this off-season. I personally didn't really like his play other than he could score goals, and think Tatar would replace him quite easily given the same minutes and role.

Sad to see him go. I liked his personality and he would have improved his play staying in Babcock's system for a couple more seasons. Now it looks like he's off to the wasteland of New Jersey.

I predict he'll be back in Switzerland after this next season.

Still gutted about him not resigning with us but that's professional sports for ya.

With all the reports about him signing with New Jersey now sort of surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Anywho really hope Tatar tears it up this year and makes us forget about Brunner.

I guess time will tell...

Guest The Axe

Still gutted about him not resigning with us but that's professional sports for ya.

With all the reports about him signing with New Jersey now sort of surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Anywho really hope Tatar tears it up this year and makes us forget about Brunner.

I guess time will tell...

Tatar probably wont do that til next year. Id expect modest #s from him this year = 10-20 pts.

Guest The Axe

Your probably right. Would love see to Tatar get around 30 points this year though.

Possible yes? Likely probably not. I'm all about wishful thinking...

I think he would if they played him with the 2nd line. But i see it going:

Z-Dats-Abby

Fredo-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Miller-Emdog-Andersson

Edited by The Axe

Z-Dats-Abby

Fredo-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Miller-Emdog-Andersson

I mean yeah "injuries aside."

I see the lines starting off like that.

It will be interesting to see if Tatar or Gus get PP time as I think they both should. At some point.

And another thing I'm not totally sad about is no more Brunner on the point during the PP.

I won't miss that tbh.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Z-Dats-Abby

Fredo-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Miller-Emdog-Andersson

Well,if that is how our forward lines shake out (and I'm not sure it will be with all the dead weight we've got hanging around) then I'm not too impressed. Unless, of course, it's 2009 and I'm not aware that I've time traveled. I know it's asking a lot, but wouldn't it be nice if we had one (legit) top six winger who wasn't 30+ years old? Just so I could have one player on the roster that I didn't have to pencil a little question mark next to.

"Emdog," which has to be the dumbest nickname I've ever seen, is on the roster, it's going to be as an extra forward unless Helm can't go. I know there's been some noise about the Wings moving Samuelsson or Tootoo, but they don't have to. Once they shift Alfredsson's bonus money to next year's cap, they can afford to waive both Emmerton and Eaves, eat the little bit of cap space that they'll get hit with for it, and still be over $1mil under the cap.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.975m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Jakub Kindl ($2.400m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($2.000m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Patrick Eaves ($0.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,894,545; BONUSES: $3,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $584,545

With all the reports about him signing with New Jersey now sort of surprised it hasn't happened yet...

I like to imagine that every time he gets close to signing a deal, he comes here and reads the boards and sees how much trash we talk and then backs out. :lol:

"Emdog," which has to be the dumbest nickname I've ever seen, is on the roster, it's going to be as an extra forward unless Helm can't go. I know there's been some noise about the Wings moving Samuelsson or Tootoo, but they don't have to. Once they shift Alfredsson's bonus money to next year's cap, they can afford to waive both Emmerton and Eaves, eat the little bit of cap space that they'll get hit with for it, and still be over $1mil under the cap.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)

Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.975m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($2.400m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($2.000m)

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

OTHER

Buyout: Patrick Eaves ($0.400m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,894,545; BONUSES: $3,010,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $584,545

almost 4M in the pressbox?

Sammy on 2nd line?

Eaves bought out?

almost 4M in the pressbox?

Sammy on 2nd line?

Eaves bought out?

Samuelsson has averaged 50 points a full season since he left Detroit. If he's healthy there's no reason to think that he wouldn't score 45 or so, and he adds size, something that's sorely lacking on this team.

How much is sitting in the pressbox is completely irrelevant as long as they're ok with the cap, and the lines can be configured however you want. If they find someone who wants to trade for Samuelsson that he'd waive his NTC to go to, or trade Tootoo, fine. If not, absolutely waive Eaves. He's a solid checking line winger who can kill penalties, but he has a history of concussions and his days in Detroit are numbered, especially after they signed Miller to his 3 year extension. If Helm is healthy and they move someone else, they might choose to dump Emmerton instead. If Helm is going to be out for awhile and they can't move anyone else, Eaves is first in line. He's better than Emmerton, but Emmerton can play center and they'll need that if Helm can't go.

HUGE MISTAKE BY HOLLAND. Brunner will score more goals than Tatar, Helm, Nyquest, Anderson COMBINED. I'll bet anyone $20. Pay him 4 million a season if that's what it takes.

Edited by TheOwl

HUGE MISTAKE BY HOLLAND. Brunner will score more goals than Tatar, Helm, Nyquest, Anderson COMBINED. I'll bet anyone $20. Pay him 4 million a season if that's what it takes.

Nyq Tatar and andersson combined for 10 this past season.. Brunner had 12. Each of them also played in less games than Brunner and weren't minus players. I'm not gambler (not that this is much of gamble) but I highly doubt Brunner outscores 4 players combined.

So you think Brunner is going to score around 55 or 60 goals? :withstupid: