No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

almost 4M in the pressbox?

Sammy on 2nd line?

Eaves bought out?

Yah. I like being ridiculed by wannabe gms who plan on keeping 5 mil in the stands.

Yah. I like being ridiculed by wannabe gms who plan on keeping 5 mil in the stands.

If the choice is to have $5 mil in the pressbox or $5 mil cap space going to guys you waived and 2/3 of that being paid out in real cash, what do you think is the more financially sound option? If they're on the roster they can still be rotated in and out and get some value. If they're just cut loose, you get no value from them.

Samuelsson has averaged 50 points a full season since he left Detroit. If he's healthy there's no reason to think that he wouldn't score 45 or so, and he adds size, something that's sorely lacking on this team.

How much is sitting in the pressbox is completely irrelevant as long as they're ok with the cap, and the lines can be configured however you want. If they find someone who wants to trade for Samuelsson that he'd waive his NTC to go to, or trade Tootoo, fine. If not, absolutely waive Eaves. He's a solid checking line winger who can kill penalties, but he has a history of concussions and his days in Detroit are numbered, especially after they signed Miller to his 3 year extension. If Helm is healthy and they move someone else, they might choose to dump Emmerton instead. If Helm is going to be out for awhile and they can't move anyone else, Eaves is first in line. He's better than Emmerton, but Emmerton can play center and they'll need that if Helm can't go.

Eaves has a history of concussions? He had only one concussion that i remember. He got it when he broke his jaw and then had post concussion syndrome

Eaves has a history of concussions? He had only one concussion that i remember. He got it when he broke his jaw and then had post concussion syndrome

Pretty sure the time he missed early in his career was due to concussions

HUGE MISTAKE BY HOLLAND. Brunner will score more goals than Tatar, Helm, Nyquest, Anderson COMBINED. I'll bet anyone $20. Pay him 4 million a season if that's what it takes.

You seem like a degenerate gambler. I would take you up on this bet, but you're probably also the type that doesn't pay your debts...

Samuelsson has averaged 50 points a full season since he left Detroit. If he's healthy there's no reason to think that he wouldn't score 45 or so, and he adds size, something that's sorely lacking on this team.

How much is sitting in the pressbox is completely irrelevant as long as they're ok with the cap, and the lines can be configured however you want. If they find someone who wants to trade for Samuelsson that he'd waive his NTC to go to, or trade Tootoo, fine. If not, absolutely waive Eaves. He's a solid checking line winger who can kill penalties, but he has a history of concussions and his days in Detroit are numbered, especially after they signed Miller to his 3 year extension. If Helm is healthy and they move someone else, they might choose to dump Emmerton instead. If Helm is going to be out for awhile and they can't move anyone else, Eaves is first in line. He's better than Emmerton, but Emmerton can play center and they'll need that if Helm can't go.

I don't know where to start... how about, "there's no reason to think that he wouldn't score 45 or so, and he adds size, something that's sorely lacking on this team." You're talking about Samuelsson? Wow

HUGE MISTAKE BY HOLLAND. Brunner will score more goals than Tatar, Helm, Nyquest, Anderson COMBINED. I'll bet anyone $20. Pay him 4 million a season if that's what it takes.

Problems with the capslock?

I hope he scores a lot of goals, wherever he ends up just not against the DRW

If I asked you last offseason if the Wings should add a 6-2, 213 lb. winger who scored 53, 50, then 31 points in 51 games the previous 3 seasons on a 2 year deal for $3 mil per, wouldn't you have said that was a decent deal? The only reason so many people complained is because he was a "retread."

Guest DeGraa55

Lol just because someone has doesn't mean they use it. Ever seen Sammy or franzen play? 5 9 too too plays bigger.

If I asked you last offseason if the Wings should add a 6-2, 213 lb. winger who scored 53, 50, then 31 points in 51 games the previous 3 seasons on a 2 year deal for $3 mil per, wouldn't you have said that was a decent deal? The only reason so many people complained is because he was a "retread."

The problem is he was old and it was a two year deal. And look at what its costing us now. Same with the cola deal.

Guest The Axe

Apparently Brunner is signing officially with the Devils tomorrow. 2 Years, $3mil a year.

Props to Kenny. Soft Euro dumpage. Just need to get rid of some slop now.

Apparently Brunner is signing officially with the Devils tomorrow. 2 Years, $3mil a year.

And this after turning offers from the Wings (2/3 years, 2,5M) down? Ridiculous...

If this proves to be accurate, this signing will be both upsetting and confusing. Didn't the Wings offer Brunner 2 and 3 year deals for roughly $3 mil per year?

I hate to say that I don't want to see Brunner succeed but I can't help but think that he will have a far different experience on the Devils than he did on the Wings.

2 years @ 3M per?

If this is true I'm going to speculate that Brunner is trying escape Detroit because he doesn't want to

- play on the 3rd line

- train as hard as the big boys

- play 2 way hockey

- be subjected to Babcock's demanding coaching style

I dunno, just seems weird that he'd leave for Jersey of all places for comparable $

I dunno, just seems weird that he'd leave for Jersey of all places for comparable $

Holland didn't want to go that high. Lets say he did sign him right now for 3 million, the Wings would be over the cap by 1 million. Plus three must sign RFA's need to get raises. And we would have 17 forwards signed counting Gustav and Andersson.

He should trade Sammy for a 7th round pick. It's Hollands fault Brunner isn't a Wing, the guy loved playing here.

Edited by TheOwl

Holland didn't want to go that high. Lets say he did sign him right now for 3 million, the Wings would be over the cap by 1 million. Plus three must sign RFA's need to get raises. And we would have 17 forwards signed counting Gustav and Andersson.

He should trade Sammy for a 7th round pick. It's Hollands fault Brunner isn't a Wing, the guy loved playing here.

1. No one knows what Holland offered but it's believed to be in the 2.5 range

2. Sammy has a NTC

3. Of course Brunner said he loved playing here. You know who loves playing here? Datsyuk. He could have gotten extra money out of Jersey or 28 other teams next year too. Except he re-upped with the Wings for less than he would have got as a UFA in 2014. I don't buy all the "OMG I looooove Detroit" talk from Brunner.

It's entirely possible that Holland offered him the money Jersey is rumoured to be offering but Brunner thought he could get more and now, with the additional signings this summer, the original offer is no longer on the table.

I don't know if this is the case, but if it is, I am terribly disappointed in Brunner's agent. I really wanted that boy back here.

Guest DeGraa55

Gosh I keep reading were over right now as is by about 1m. Pretty sure it doesn't include rfas or potential ltir guys.

Guest Crymson

No, it's Brunner's fault that he's not a Wing. His demands for a lot of money and a top-six spot, which he had last season but played himself out of, are why he did not re-sign.