• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Otherwise the site will be awash in people making up whatever they want about players.

Welcome to LGW!

Where Fedorov takes nights off, Franzen is lazy and sucks, Howard is "Average", and Brendan Smith should be traded.

In a heartbeat, if I had the cap and roster space.

Me too. I dont like him at 4, but I like him at 2.5.

Guest DeGraa55

Welcome to LGW!

Where Fedorov takes nights off, Franzen is lazy and sucks, Howard is "Average", and Brendan Smith should be traded.

Me too. I dont like him at 4, but I like him at 2.5.

But franzen is lazy and sucks at everything in hockey except scoring 25 goals a year.

Guest The Axe

But franzen is lazy and sucks at everything in hockey except scoring 25 goals a year.

And consistently being one of our better +/- players.

Guest DeGraa55

And consistently being one of our better +/- players.

What a horrible stat. What would his +/- be if he was in the panthers? Come on.. you can do better.

Tootoo > Cleary > Brunner > Samuelsson. Red Wings without Tootoo would be a miserable sight, gotta at least have some physical presence somewhere. The rest are pretty much done. Despite Cleary's decent playoff performance he simply is not what he used to be anymore. Brunner is not worth the money, he is as one dimensional as they come. I have no diubt Tatar will replace him easily. Sammulsson -no comments necessary.

Brunner to Irish league for a rain coat and pint of Guinness (annually)?

almost....KHL. Detroit offered him 3 years for a total of 7 million. his agent said no. Devils didnt want to go above 2,5. now he is sitting at home running out of options. KHL could be a short term solution and I predict he will end up in Zug again before the end of the year

What a horrible stat. What would his +/- be if he was in the panthers? Come on.. you can do better.

I know you weren't asking me this, but how is that different than any other stat if he was on a poor team? His point scoring along with most other stats will go down playing on garbage clubs.

It's no more a "horrible stat" than anything other....its relative.

I know you weren't asking me this, but how is that different than any other stat if he was on a poor team? His point scoring along with most other stats will go down playing on garbage clubs.

It's no more a "horrible stat" than anything other....its relative.

Not entirely. Some players do just fine with bad linemates. Look at dats this year

almost....KHL. Detroit offered him 3 years for a total of 7 million. his agent said no. Devils didnt want to go above 2,5. now he is sitting at home running out of options. KHL could be a short term solution and I predict he will end up in Zug again before the end of the year

This is kind of my thinking at this point also. Its tough to evaluate a rookie player from a shortened season looking for a contract asking for that kind of money, it's like buying a race horse after seeing it run half a lap.

If he wants to stay in the NHL, take a smaller, short contract, see how it goes, worst case scenario he makes 4 million dollars to bring back home with him for playing two seasons of hockey.

Majority of the year our team was pretty bad. One of the worst goals/game in the league. Terrible pp and pk. So my comparison is legit

The Wings still finished 7th in the conference, yet again made the playoffs and the Panthers were cellar-dwellars with garbage from front to back. The comparison is not legit, IMHO.

The Wings still finished 7th in the conference, yet again made the playoffs and the Panthers were cellar-dwellars with garbage from front to back. The comparison is not legit, IMHO.

At least we can both agree that Weiss should have better stats here...

At least we can both agree that Weiss should have better stats here...

EXACTLY (and pretty much my point too)! ....and yes, I agree Weiss stats as a whole should go up. His points scored may or may not suffer due to the talent up and down the lineup compared to FLA, but I agree.

Look, you never see so many quality free agents wait this long. The reason for it is not because Brunner's agent screwed up, or he screwed up. It's because the cap decreased, which rarely (or never) has happened since the cap was instituted and thus waiting for teams to straighten out their cap situation is necessary. If the cap had stayed the same (or decreased marginally) Damien Brunner would have signed by now on his terms, though maybe not with the Wings, and we wouldn't be talking.

Again, this is a super atypical year for free agents, and drawing conclusions from it is not truly indicative of anything. Last year (and most years before that) Damien Brunner would have made every penny he was asking for based on his stats. Hell, if Ville Leino made what he did then Brunner would surely have cashed in.

Guest The Axe

Look, you never see so many quality free agents wait this long. The reason for it is not because Brunner's agent screwed up, or he screwed up. It's because the cap decreased, which rarely (or never) has happened since the cap was instituted and thus waiting for teams to straighten out their cap situation is necessary. If the cap had stayed the same (or decreased marginally) Damien Brunner would have signed by now on his terms, though maybe not with the Wings, and we wouldn't be talking.

Again, this is a super atypical year for free agents, and drawing conclusions from it is not truly indicative of anything. Last year (and most years before that) Damien Brunner would have made every penny he was asking for based on his stats. Hell, if Ville Leino made what he did then Brunner would surely have cashed in.

Filppula played like garbage and cashed in.

Filppula played like garbage and cashed in.

Agreed, but Cleary played better and didn't. That's the point I'm trying to make. This year is really scattershot as far as free agency goes because of the new CBA. Any other year all of these guys would have received good money for their production. But this year is different. If you didn't sign early, you were destined to wait until teams could figure out their cap situations. That's all I'm trying to say.

Guest The Axe

Agreed, but Cleary played better and didn't. That's the point I'm trying to make. This year is really scattershot as far as free agency goes because of the new CBA. Any other year all of these guys would have received good money for their production. But this year is different. If you didn't sign early, you were destined to wait until teams could figure out their cap situations. That's all I'm trying to say.

Fair enough. But I think a lot of signings were based on bodies of work and not just last year.