• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Brunner conduct his offseason Training in Zug (same as Montreals Rafael Diaz) who was a former Zug Player same as Brunner and Anaheims Luca Sbisa too.

Brunner was watching last Friday's first Zug icetraining and is said to join in in two weeks time on the ice after he has done his base training at the gym. In opposite to this, Diaz has taken part on the ice training.

There are no rumours sofar that Brunner would join Zug again for the next season. Everything is just pure speculation at this Moment in time.

I guess that he will sign somewhere in the NHL in the end.

Personally I really regret that he didn't sign with the wings but I see his point for not being used at the right position at the bottom six. He is fast, a good tecnician and a cool sniper who Needs a creative role which he only gets in the top six. This is probably the Major issue why Brunners Agent and KH did not come to an agreement and Alfredsson got signed in a Minute by the Red Wings.

It's not like they were playing him with 2 slugs 5 minutes a night. Nyquist, Andersson, and Brunner was a solid line and he was getting PP time. He needs to understand that he's not a star here like he was in Switzerland and he's not getting a guaranteed full time top 6 role unless he signs with some bottom feeder.

It's not like they were playing him with 2 slugs 5 minutes a night. Nyquist, Andersson, and Brunner was a solid line and he was getting PP time. He needs to understand that he's not a star here like he was in Switzerland and he's not getting a guaranteed full time top 6 role unless he signs with some bottom feeder.

I don't think even that will happen or else it would have already. He has to prove himself and earn a top 6 role. He wants too much too fast. He should just take a 2 year 5 million deal and run with it. Cash in on the next contract

I

Agreed. I am fully aware of the capacity of both Nyquist and Andersson. They are excellent players and were in the Playoffs probably one of the best 3rd lines in the league. Of course u hv to earn your spot in the team but unless Brunner did not ask for way to much money, I really think that he was worried that he would end up in a defensive role only as it happened to him before in Switzerland prior to his change to Zug were the excellent coach Doug Shedden discovered Damiens Offensive potential and gave him the minutes he needed.

As far as I could state out of Zug, he played fairly okay on his NHL rookie saison and was one of the better scorers of the RW but his minutes were drastically shortened during the Playoffs even though the 3rd line made their commitment to force both the Ducks and the Hawks into seven games.

Since I have only seen a few of the Wings games here in Zug, please correct me if I am wrong but I also got the impression that the Wings were in a kind of transmission season and asked a lot for from Nrunnerbas a rookie even though playing with guys like Z, Dats etc. must be a dream for a new kid in town...:-)

I don't think even that will happen or else it would have already. He has to prove himself and earn a top 6 role. He wants too much too fast. He should just take a 2 year 5 million deal and run with it. Cash in on the next contract

Not to mention the fact that $2.5 million a year IS cashing in for a $400,000 Swiss leaguer.

And I'm sure we can all agree that playing in Detroit would be as good of a place to showcase his talents to the rest of the league to potentially earn more his next contract whether he stays or goes at that time.

It's not like they were playing him with 2 slugs 5 minutes a night. Nyquist, Andersson, and Brunner was a solid line and he was getting PP time. He needs to understand that he's not a star here like he was in Switzerland and he's not getting a guaranteed full time top 6 role unless he signs with some bottom feeder.I

Agreed. I am fully aware of the capacity of both Nyquist and Andersson. They are excellent players and were in the Playoffs probably one of the best 3rd lines in the league. Of course u hv to earn your spot in the team but unless Brunner did not ask for way to much money, I really think that he was worried that he would end up in a defensive role only as it happened to him before in Switzerland prior to his change to Zug were the excellent coach Doug Shedden discovered Damiens Offensive potential and gave him the minutes he needed.

As far as I could state out of Zug, he played fairly okay on his NHL rookie saison and was one of the better scorers of the RW but his minutes were drastically shortened during the Playoffs even though the 3rd line made their commitment to force both the Ducks and the Hawks into seven games.

Since I have only seen a few of the Wings games here in Zug, please correct me if I am wrong but I also got the impression that the Wings were in a kind of transmission season and asked a lot for from Nrunnerbas a rookie even though playing with guys like Z, Dats etc. must be a dream for a new kid in town...:-)[/quotel

He played with Zetterberg until he slumped then was swapped onto the line with Andersson and Nyquist. Like I said, he needs to realize that he isn't more than a secondary player in the NHL.

Ok - he had a fair chance then.

We probably will never get to know wether his particular spot in the team or the amount and duration of the contract (or both?) was the main reason why Brunner did not re-sign with Detroit (or Detroit with him).

I agree that Detroit would have been a good showcase for Brunner. Basically everybody here in Switzerland is quite surprised that he didn't sign for 2.5 mil/p.a. Looks like a fair amount to me given the figures rumoured are corect?

Just in case - is there still any cap space at all for Brunner in case they would agree on something like 2/2.5 mil/p.a. or is this a "mission impossible"?

Thks for letting me know.

Unless Holland can figure out how to make a trade from the heap of unwanted misfits I think Brunner is gone.

Guest The Axe

Unless Holland can figure out how to make a trade from the heap of unwanted misfits I think Brunner is gone.

Agreed. Its a shame, because Holland is making GREAT moves this year. His 2012 misfires are a thorn right now, however. We need to negative trade: Sammy, Tootoo, Bert, 1st Rounder in 2014 for 7th Rounder in 2014. Basically, give up a late 1st rounder so another team will take our slop.

Agreed. Its a shame, because Holland is making GREAT moves this year. His 2012 misfires are a thorn right now, however. We need to negative trade: Sammy, Tootoo, Bert, 1st Rounder in 2014 for 7th Rounder in 2014. Basically, give up a late 1st rounder so another team will take our slop.

The thing that kills me is even if he figures out how to do it he'd probably be on the phone with Cleary instead of Brunner....aaaauuuugggghh!!!!

Guest The Axe

The thing that kills me is even if he figures out how to do it he'd probably be on the phone with Cleary instead of Brunner....aaaauuuugggghh!!!!

Maybe Babcock will be talking on the phone with Cleary about a Z-D-C line, and Kenny wont be able to get thru!!

Guest Crymson

At this point, it seems that the bottom lines will be Nyquist/Andersson/Tatar and Miller/Helm/Eaves, if all goes well. This would be excellent.

Guest The Axe

At this point, it seems that the bottom lines will be Nyquist/Andersson/Tatar and Miller/Helm/Eaves, if all goes well. This would be excellent.

Emmerton will be in there. Bank on it.

Emmerton will be in there. Bank on it.

Only way Eaves is back is if they trade 2 of Bertuzzi Samuelsson and Tootoo or trade one and send Nyquist to GR.

Emmerton will only be back if they move a guy and they have questions about Helm.

Guest The Axe

Only way Eaves is back is if they trade 2 of Bertuzzi Samuelsson and Tootoo or trade one and send Nyquist to GR.Emmerton will only be back if they move a guy and they have questions about Helm.

Emdog is a regular for 2 seasons now. He's our 4th line center.

Only way Eaves is back is if they trade 2 of Bertuzzi Samuelsson and Tootoo or trade one and send Nyquist to GR.Emmerton will only be back if they move a guy and they have questions about Helm.

Emdog is a regular for 2 seasons now. He's our 4th line center.

Emdog makes him sound like a failed white rapper. Dumbest damn nickname I've ever heard.

Emmerton is the reserve forward. Most reserves get plenty of games in. He does nothing really well outside of his work ethic. If they can't trade someone else it makes absolutely no sense to waive someone else and get stuck with a big cap hit when they can dump him penalty free. Right now he's their 7th best center behind Datsyuk Zetterberg Weiss Helm Andersson and Abdelkader. Before they got Weiss and Andersson established himself he was #5.

Now do you see why I'd say that?

Emdog makes him sound like a failed white rapper. Dumbest damn nickname I've ever heard. Emmerton is the reserve forward. Most reserves get plenty of games in. He does nothing really well outside of his work ethic. If they can't trade someone else it makes absolutely no sense to waive someone else and get stuck with a big cap hit when they can dump him penalty free. Right now he's their 7th best center behind Datsyuk Zetterberg Weiss Helm Andersson and Abdelkader. Before they got Weiss and Andersson established himself he was #5. Now do you see why I'd say that?

Who's to say he isn't a failed white rapper. :ninja:

Emdog makes him sound like a failed white rapper. Dumbest damn nickname I've ever heard. Emmerton is the reserve forward. Most reserves get plenty of games in. He does nothing really well outside of his work ethic. If they can't trade someone else it makes absolutely no sense to waive someone else and get stuck with a big cap hit when they can dump him penalty free. Right now he's their 7th best center behind Datsyuk Zetterberg Weiss Helm Andersson and Abdelkader. Before they got Weiss and Andersson established himself he was #5. Now do you see why I'd say that?

Who's to say he isn't a failed white rapper. :ninja:

I think you're confusing him with Roy's kid