• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Emdog makes him sound like a failed white rapper. Dumbest damn nickname I've ever heard. Emmerton is the reserve forward. Most reserves get plenty of games in. He does nothing really well outside of his work ethic. If they can't trade someone else it makes absolutely no sense to waive someone else and get stuck with a big cap hit when they can dump him penalty free. Right now he's their 7th best center behind Datsyuk Zetterberg Weiss Helm Andersson and Abdelkader. Before they got Weiss and Andersson established himself he was #5.Now do you see why I'd say that?

Yah. I agree with you on almost all your points. Id even put Franzen in there as a better center option. Bottom line is that Emmerton fills the 10 spot (4th line center) better than anyone we've mentioned. No way those guys get demoted from our top 9. We had Fedorov, Yzerman, Larionov, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg ahead of Kris Draper at one point. Did Drapes get pushed to reserve? Nope. Know why? Cuz Drapes filled the 10 spot better than all those guys.

Guest The Axe

Yeah, who needs him and his goal scoring on a team that tied for 19th in "goals per game" last year. Good riddance indeed.

Fast goal scorerers? Im finished with those kind of guys!

Guest The Axe

Says the poster who constantly bewails the money we're paying to depth veterans.

Is that what you call them?

It makes me ill that Nyquist isn't signed yet because they "might want to bring Dan Cleary back". Consider yourselves lucky that you didn't sign him, realize you are OVER the cap, not overpay for a shell of what he once was (which wasn't that awesome to start with) and MOVE ON. Nyquist can do nothing but grow. He is exciting to watch and he makes things happen. Cleary is getting worse and makes things happen for the other team, sadly.

And don't show me his stats from last year. Half of those I'm sure were deflections off various body parts.

Guest Crymson

It makes me ill that Nyquist isn't signed yet because they "might want to bring Dan Cleary back".

You can stop being ill, then, because the article doesn't say that. It says that in addition to Nyquist, the Wings would like to sign Cleary. To quote:

The Wings already are over the $64.3-million salary cap. Besides an eventual deal with Nyquist, the Wings also would like to bring back veteran forward Daniel Cleary, an unrestricted free agent. But they would have to clear cap room through trades to make that happen.

There you go.

Brunner just retweeted this from his brother:

@adibru: by the way.. nice cap coach!!! #redwings #swiss #european #championship #gold #medal #beachvolleyball http://t.co/QNC1fvGm97

That's his dad in the RW cap. Guess there're no hard feelings amongst the Brunner clan, eh?

maybe they are trying to tell him something too!!!!

Most fans over here still think that Brunner should (have) resign(ed) with the Wings. Now new rumours (nothing to base this up sofar) are on that talks to the Preds might be held by his agent since they are looking for a scoring wing. Personally I'd like to see him to stay in the NHL in Detroit. Althoug...getting him back would be a great asset for our team here. With Damien we might have made it in the final this year i.o. going out after 7 games in the semis vs. the later cup winner Bern!

Swiss (Zug local) newspaper today reports that Brunner will return end of August to North America. Destination was not revealed but signing could take place very soon. His employer who would get over the salary cap or close by with Brunner's signing needs to make other transactions in order to clear cap space first. So Brunner will return to the NHL and will not play here in Zug next saison. Lets se