• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Sign him for league minimum and give him 2 million in bonuses. That ought to do it

And say hello to the reason for the next lockout

Edit: Granted it couldn't happen, not being an entry level or 35+ contract...

Edited by ogreslayer

Guest The Axe

Yep, and then use magic to free up three roster spots. Perhaps we could send Samuelsson to Azkaban?

Ha ha ha. This made me laugh good.

I just want to see Sammy, Bert, and Tootoo gone before the season starts. That allows us to do good things.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/neil-sheehy-says-that-damien-brunners-ready-to-wait-for-his-next-nhl-opport?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

for what it's worth, via Malik:

"There's a lot of speculation regarding Damien because he hasn't found a new employer. People who believe that he hasn't received an offer because he wants too much money have no idea [what's going on]. Money was not and is not the priority for him. He wants to play where he has the best opportunity. In that sense, nothing's changed," explains the Canadian [agent].

Agent, not Brunner??

Swiss (Zug local) newspaper today reports that Brunner will return end of August to North America. Destination was not revealed but signing could take place very soon. His employer who would get over the salary cap or close by with Brunner's signing needs to make other transactions in order to clear cap space first. So Brunner will return to the NHL and will not play here in Zug next saison. Lets se

I like Brunner, but who would clear cap space to sign him? He'd be a great addition to any team but I'm not sure Is go to so much trouble to sign him. Unless it actually is the Wings who have a lot of chaff to dispose of.

Guest The Axe

If he's smart, he will sign with us and work hard. He'll find himself in the top 6 and with a nice paycheck plus a few Stanley Cups 3 or 4 years down the line. If he's dumb, he'll sign in Phoenix and rot away as a disappointment.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/neil-sheehy-says-that-damien-brunners-ready-to-wait-for-his-next-nhl-opport?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

"There's a lot of speculation regarding Damien because he hasn't found a new employer. People who believe that he hasn't received an offer because he wants too much money have no idea [what's going on]. Money was not and is not the priority for him. He wants to play where he has the best opportunity. In that sense, nothing's changed," explains the Canadian [agent].

Agent, not Brunner??

Best opportunity=guaranteed top 6/PP spot perchance? Not happening in Detroit unless Kenny suddenly ships off Abby & Franzen in a trade. Let's concentrate on getting that 1 year deal with Nyquist finally done & trimming the roster by 2 spots instead of dreaming about Brunner.

Agent, not Brunner??

The original article (German):

@Guggti: Grundsätzliches zu @damien_brunner http://t.co/lZDm9xCL5i

If he ends up in Phoenix I'm going to make a snarky poster and put it on the glass because I'm triflin'. Suggestions are welcome.

From the article :

Man müsse laufend Entscheidungen treffen. Darunter auch solche, die auf den ersten Blick schwer nachvollziehbar sind. Wie das abgelehnte Angebot der Red Wings, die ihm zum Schritt in die NHL verholfen hatten. Sheehy dazu: «Damien hat seine Zeit in Detroit auf jeden Fall geliebt, freut sich nun aber auf neue Möglichkeiten.»

Translates to :

You have to make decisions day-to-day. Some of them are hard to understand. Like the rejected offer from the Red Wings, which helped him getting to the NHL. Sheehy : Damien loved his time in Detroit for sure, but is looking foward to new possibilitys now.

That leaves no room for speculation, if Sheehy said this. Won't see him in Detroit next season.

Edited by derblaueClaus

Guest Crymson

From the article :

Translates to :

That leaves no room for speculation, if Sheehy said this. Won't see him in Detroit next season.

There was no room for speculation anyhow. The Wings are above the roster limit and above the cap.

Guest The Axe

I wonder if he gets more than 2 mil per. I think that's about what he's worth.