• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

But he'd be living at home, play far less games, travel significantly less, play a less physical game and have less pressure on him. I think his asking price is a bit high, but not outrageously high, especially considering how he played in the playoffs. It isn't always all about the money...

Guest Crymson

But he'd be living at home, play far less games, travel significantly less, play a less physical game and have less pressure on him. I think his asking price is a bit high, but not outrageously high, especially considering how he played in the playoffs. It isn't always all about the money...

Brunner played sheltered minutes in the playoffs. He disappeared for stretches and was never reliable defensively. He's a one-way player who contributed on the power play and suffered spells of brutal inconsistency. More, he has only one half of a season to his credit.

He doesn't merit $3m+.

Who?

Hahahaha...Not to sound like a broken record but as soon as I saw his agents name I shat myself. This kind of situation is like that buddy you have that has a dick head boy/girlfriend who frigs everything up because their an assh*le...#awinguntilnotone

his agent sucks. I'm sure that's why he's yet to sign.

Yeah, his agent was whispering sweet nothings into Brunner's ears. But his agent failed to calculate the Played with Z and Played a half season parts to the equation.

I would be surprised if he gets what Cleary just got.

Yeah, his agent was whispering sweet nothings into Brunner's ears. But his agent failed to calculate the Played with Z and Played a half season parts to the equation.

I would be surprised if he gets what Cleary just got.

You're probably right. If he's still holding out hope for anything other than a 1-year "show me" deal, he's delusional. I'm not even sure why Brunner wouldn't be in favor of that. Returning to Switzerland is an always an option if it doesn't work out, or he could score 30 goals over an actual full season and get a better deal even than he asked for this year.

Expecting teams to pay him 3 mil/year or more on a multi-year deal after only a 48-game season where he did basically nothing for the second half of it...it's just not realistic.

He might shoot the lights out on the Sedin line or if they go with a bigger power forward like Kassian on that line he could be a good fit with Kessler and Burrows.

Their PP could be scary good.

I didn't think they had any Cap room.

I can see him going to the Stars. As good as their first line may be, with Benn and Seguin (assuming), they're extremely shallow up front. Brunner could be a go-to guy there.

Devils, self-explanatory.

The Canucks...the Canucks? Huh, kinda surprises me. I sorta fear Torts would break him.

Edited by Dabura

Guest Crymson

It's not a for sure yet, but it looks like the Canucks might be interested in Brunner's services.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Todd-Cordell/Are-The-Vancouver-Canucks-In-On-Damien-Brunner/187/53900

I really wish people would stop quoting HockeyBuzz as if it has any credibility whatsoever. That is Eklund's website, and he is a charlatan known well to be a source almost universally unreliable.

Turns down a 2 year, 2.5M deal from the Wings, and now has to resort to accepting a pro try-out to maybe play for a bottom feeder that will likely not see the post-season. Smart move there Damien. Might wanna start thinking about parting ways with your agent.