Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

I hope they get a replacement fast.

#223 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Guys, according to reports Brunner told Holland he wants to test the market, but will come back for them to match or beat.

His plan the entire time has been to test the market.

That is why I am a bigger fan of Alfie at 3.5 than a bidding war for Brunner (think Damien Brunnstrum) who has had a decent half of a season!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#224 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I cannot believe this.  I literally had 95% confidence he was coming back here.  It'll make me sick if watching him score 20+ for some other team.

#225 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Keeping fingers crossed he still resigns with us.

It's not looking good though : l

#226 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Guys, according to reports Brunner told Holland he wants to test the market, but will come back for them to match or beat.

His plan the entire time has been to test the market.

That is why I am a bigger fan of Alfie at 3.5 than a bidding war for Brunner (think Damien Brunnstrum) who has had a decent half of a season!

I see this being true, his agent is a shark but he seems like a decent dude lets just hope the price doesnt get unreal before he signs

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#227 NAVYWING

NAVYWING

Classy Guy!!!!

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

From Ted Kulfan:

Brunner appears to be headed for the free-agent market and likely will not return to the Wings.

The Red Wings could also be in the hunt for one of many unrestricted free agent centers available such as Mike Ribeiro, Stephen Weiss or Mikhail Grabovski.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...4#ixzz2YBlaSksG

Really want Brunner....   this sucks.

"We were one of the teams that had the least amount of fights last year. You don't want your best players fighting. But Brendan was certainly a physical presence. Playing on Pavel Datsyuk's line, he obviously created some space for Pavel. That's something we're going to have to monitor," said Ken Holland.

Ugh.

#228 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Just because he hit the free agent market doesn't mean he is gone. We've signed several players over the years after they hit the market. Is like to know if these writers have any real information indicating he is gone or if they are just assuming and being unimaginitive.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#229 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Honestly, I like Alfredsson over Brunner for 2013-14. I like Brunner over a lot of other guys, but i think we've upgraded the 6 spot by replacing Brunner for Alfredsson JUST for next year.

#230 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Brunner is soft and falls down a lot.  He's cute though.

#231 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Thats the beauty when you aren't expecting anything, you are not going to be disappointed there was enough time to get this done I don't blame Brunner one bit best of luck wherever you are ending up you deserve an organization which appreciates you.

Edited by frankgrimes, 05 July 2013 - 12:42 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#232 NAVYWING

NAVYWING

Classy Guy!!!!

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Honestly, I like Alfredsson over Brunner for 2013-14. I like Brunner over a lot of other guys, but i think we've upgraded the 6 spot by replacing Brunner for Alfredsson JUST for next year.

So who replaces Flip?

"We were one of the teams that had the least amount of fights last year. You don't want your best players fighting. But Brendan was certainly a physical presence. Playing on Pavel Datsyuk's line, he obviously created some space for Pavel. That's something we're going to have to monitor," said Ken Holland.

Ugh.

#233 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

So who replaces Flip?

Looks like Weiss

#234 NAVYWING

NAVYWING

Classy Guy!!!!

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Weiss isn't as good as Flip, and he's older.  This is turning into a train wreck.

Ugh.

#235 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Ha

Weiss isn't as good as Flip, and he's older.  This is turning into a train wreck.

Haha really? they are less that a year apart in age and Weiss has scored more points per game in his career than Fil. Time for a change at center on the 2nd line and I'm all for some new blood there.  Fli was so passive this year it was hard to watch.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#236 NAVYWING

NAVYWING

Classy Guy!!!!

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Ha

Haha really? they are less that a year apart in age and Weiss has scored more points per game in his career than Fil. Time for a change at center on the 2nd line and I'm all for some new blood there.  Fli was so passive this year it was hard to watch.

I agree that Weiss has more points... but he's pretty injury prone... Both of these guys are underacheivers however, Flip already knows the system... Weiss needs a sniper, and Brunner would have been that guy, but word is, he's gone and we filled Brunner's spot with a 40 year old.

Ugh.

#237 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

I agree that Weiss has more points... but he's pretty injury prone... Both of these guys are underacheivers however, Flip already knows the system... Weiss needs a sniper, and Brunner would have been that guy, but word is, he's gone and we filled Brunner's spot with a 40 year old.

With the exception of last season he's played at least 74 games a year since being a full time NHLer. Injury prone he is not.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#238 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

With the exception of last season he's played at least 74 games a year since being a full time NHLer. Injury prone he is not.

Never let the facts get in the way of an opinion!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#239 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

From a numbers standpoint, I'll admit that I misread the charts for 03-04 and 05-06 wherein he played 60 and 41 games respectively. But still, three shortened years in 10 isn't bad.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#240 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Maybe Helm can center the 2nd line, Anderson the 3rd, and someone else the 4th. Get BRUNNER, GET HIM, HE IS A STUDDDD. Brunner-Anderson-Nyquest would be the best 3rd line in the league. GETTER DONE KENNY.