• Please log in to reply
1081 replies to this topic

#341 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

That being said, signing Alfie and Weiss clearly bumps him out of the top 6 in Detroit this year ... but why not sign here and prove you belong in the top 6 next year.

Why?

Zetterberg Datsyuk Alfredson

Brunner Weiss Franzen

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#342 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Why?

Brunner Weiss Franzen

At crunch time last season, he was on the 3rd line ... add Alfie and Weiss and it's not too difficult to figure out.

#343 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Why?

Brunner Weiss Franzen

I agree, I think he still would be a top 6 and we can still have my dream 3rd line of Helm Nyquist and Tater...aka the fastest hardest working line in the league.

#344 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

...or maybe he's waiting to see Cleary signs somewhere else and call back Ken :lol:

#345 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

...or maybe he's waiting to see Cleary signs somewhere else and call back Ken :lol:

As big a defender as I am of the Wings brass .... I would lose it if they resigned Cleary.

Edited by stillwater, 05 July 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#346 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

I wonder if he feels like he broke up with his ex-girlfriend, and then she moved on really quick... and now he's just sitting there like, "I think I messed up."

:lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#347 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,724 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm sure Filppula is heartbroken at getting to play with real scorers like St. Louis and Stamkos.

:rolleyes:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#348 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm sure Filppula is heartbroken at getting to play with real scorers like St. Louis and Stamkos.

Even with those guys they might be the NHL's worst team this coming year.

#349 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Like he'll see more than 5 seconds of line change time on the ice with Stamkos....he's not a top line player on any team in this league.

#350 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,724 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Like he'll see more than 5 seconds of line change time on the ice with Stamkos....he's not a top line player on any team in this league.

Do they have a top line center right now?

Besides, there's things called injuries and powerplays.  He'll get some time with those players this season.  It'll be relief, after playing with dead weight like Cleary, Bertuzzi, Hudler and Franzen over the years.  And yes, Filppula was often the problem on those lines as well.  

#351 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Do they have a top line center right now?

Besides, there's things called injuries and powerplays.  He'll get some time with those players this season.  It'll be relief, after playing with dead weight like Cleary, Bertuzzi, Hudler and Franzen over the years.  And yes, Filppula was often the problem on those lines as well.  

Oh....what is this power play you speak of?

#352 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,724 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Oh....what is this power play you speak of?

You think they'd pay him 5 million and not play him on the powerplay with their best players?

Especially since they're severely lacking in forward talent right now.  

#353 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm sure he'll light up the scoreboard playing 3-5 minutes a game against everyone's top PK line.

#354 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Stop ripping Flippula. I will bet ANYONE $20 Flipulla has a career year next season. Anyone can be a #1 center, the only thing that matters is chemistry with line mates.

#355 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Stop ripping Flippula. I will bet ANYONE $20 Flipulla has a career year next season. Anyone can be a #1 center, the only thing that matters is chemistry with line mates.

Keep telling yourself that.....you'll be a #1 center someday too. So you're saying talent means nothing, as long as you get along with your teammates?

#356 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Your on some good drugs then, cuz they couldn't make the playoffs with Stamkos, Vinnie, and MSL. Fil won't change their team, I'd take any of Detroit's lines over any of Tampa's lines any day, and that includes a line with Cleary and Sammy, Tampa has One great player and a few good role players, that's it. People here just give Tampa credit because of Yzerman, Tampa is not that good. Fil can leave and be merry in Florida, he ain't gonna do sh#t there. I bet you  $100 bucks the Wings shut him down every time we play them this year. Now that's a bet.

#357 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

Keep telling yourself that.....you'll be a #1 center someday too. So you're saying talent means nothing, as long as you get along with your teammates?

I don't think anyone is in a position to say if a change of scenery will make Flip a better player or not.  Chemistry is just as important as talent.  I wouldn't be surprised one way or the other.  If I was a betting man though, I would say that Flip doesn't do well in Tampa Bay.  

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#358 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

This was the beginning of off-topic posts that had me confused as to which thread I was in. 

#359 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

You sir, with your $20 bet posts, are a troll.

#360 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

Anyone can be a #1 center, the only thing that matters is chemistry with line mates.

According to your logic the wings should just signs friends and I, instant top line.