• Please log in to reply
1081 replies to this topic

#361 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Your on some good drugs then, cuz they couldn't make the playoffs with Stamkos, Vinnie, and MSL. Fil won't change their team, I'd take any of Detroit's lines over any of Tampa's lines any day, and that includes a line with Cleary and Sammy, Tampa has One great player and a few good role players, that's it. People here just give Tampa credit because of Yzerman, Tampa is not that good. Fil can leave and be merry in Florida, he ain't gonna do sh#t there. I bet you  $100 bucks the Wings shut him down every time we play them this year. Now that's a bet.

I doubt it. He's no #1 Center, but he is a solid #2....except that he lost his mojo in Detroit this last season. I'm not sure why. He went over to Finland and played for Jokerit with his brother, and did great....and then came back to the Wings with everyone else, and sucked it up. That kind of drop off, considering the rest of his career and his age.....equates to some kind of attitude issue. Okay, he's got his change of scenery now. I think he'll be back to his old self next season...which is still a slight overpayment lol. 

#362 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

If he turned us down, which has been reported then f*** him. Withdraw any and all offers and he can piss off to any other team he wants.

#363 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

This was the beginning of off-topic posts that had me confused as to which thread I was in. 

You're right.  I'm sorry about that.  I posted that in the wrong thread.   :confused:   It was intended for the Filppula thread.

As for Brunner, I've stated my intentions that I'd want him to stay.  We can't afford to let a good, right handed winger slip away when we don't develop enough of them anyway.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 05 July 2013 - 11:28 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#364 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

If he turned us down, which has been reported then f*** him. Withdraw any and all offers and he can piss off to any other team he wants.

You have no idea what they offered him. Only a dozen people in the world know. If they offered him 2-3 years at 2.5-3, he would of taken it. Brunner is a STUD, he should stay, and Kenny should do everything in his power to keep him. His potential is higher than every single player on the team not named Dats or Z.

#365 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Im with you. He can win the cup with us, OR he can watch us win the cup. Its not like he's David Beckham.

#366 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

Surprised he didn't sign elsewhere so far...maybe he should accept Ken's offer after all.

Well...He's only been in the NHL for one 48 game season...He's outta his mind if he think's he can command anything more than $3 million.

I do agree with you though that he should've accepted a 2 year deal with Detroit; maybe there's still a chance he, and Holland can come to an agreement.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#367 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Update on this situation? Last I heard, he was as good as gone.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#368 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Update on this situation? Last I heard, he was as good as gone.

To be honest - I haven't heard/read anything...

Me thinks he could very well return for a few seasons in Detroit.

#369 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

Supposedly he wasn't coming back, according to sources.

Any updates on the supposed interest in Morrow? He's an upgrade over Cleary.

Jeez, where the hell are we gonna put all these forwards?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#370 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

Fingers still crossed. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#371 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

I agree. I think his agent is stunting the negotiations as well that Holland has to package some forwards in a trade to make a signing and clear cap space (which will hopefully bring in a viable D).

Edited by Vladiator, 06 July 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#372 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

Well...He's only been in the NHL for one 48 game season...He's outta his mind if he think's he can command anything more than $3 million.

I do agree with you though that he should've accepted a 2 year deal with Detroit; maybe there's still a chance he, and Holland can come to an agreement.

I hope so!  I was waiting to see him signed all day.  ALL DAY!  The fact he wasnt signed by another team gives me (very little, but there nonetheless) hope.  

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#373 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

I hope so!  I was waiting to see him signed all day.  ALL DAY!  The fact he wasnt signed by another team gives me (very little, but there nonetheless) hope.

I agree. That's honestly all I'm looking for now.

I wanted size and goal scorers haven't got either yet....so hopefully we can at least resign one.of the few we have.

#374 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

Not happy that we lost this guy. We have a scoring problem, and he scored for us.

meh

Don't Toews me, bro!

#375 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

Not happy that we lost this guy. We have a scoring problem, and he scored for us.

meh

Well I don't think its 100% we lost him. But unless someone is moved we don't have the money...

#376 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

He hasn't moved on yet. Still speculation that his agent has a history of advising his clients to see what the market could offer them. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#377 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

He hasn't moved on yet. Still speculation that his agent has a history of advising his clients to see what the market could offer them. 

Unless there's a rather odd turn of events - I'm thinking the longer he's not "signed" his value, or asking price will drop.

Here's to hoping he's still on good terms with Holland & Co.

#378 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

You have no idea what they offered him. Only a dozen people in the world know. If they offered him 2-3 years at 2.5-3, he would of taken it. Brunner is a STUD, he should stay, and Kenny should do everything in his power to keep him. His potential is higher than every single player on the team not named Dats or Z.

Holland said he offered him a 2 and 3 year deal. He said no. He wanted to test the market. He said no to the offers and wants to test so if I was him I'd pull the offers. He doesn't want to be in detroit we aren't a second option. He wants to try his luck he can go sit on some other team

#379 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

Holland said he offered him a 2 and 3 year deal. He said no. He wanted to test the market. He said no to the offers and wants to test so if I was him I'd pull the offers. He doesn't want to be in detroit we aren't a second option. He wants to try his luck he can go sit on some other team

Even though it may sting a bit when we got snubbed, but I'm a firm believer that Holland is a patient man, and would welcome the idea of opening up negotiations with Brunner, and his agent.

I'm not entirely sold on the guy, but Brunner appears to have a solid skill set, and could quite possibly be a consistent 25 to 30 goal scorer in the NHL if given the playing time...He could very well be a key component for the 2nd line along with Weiss/Franzen.

IMHO I'd rather see Holland work out a deal with Brunner, and have him in our top 6 instead of Sammy/Bertuzzi.

#380 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm pretty optimistic that we will resign him. He always said that he liked Detroit and that he wan'ts to stay here if possible. And if I was him I would try to win the Cup with this experinced and deep but also young and hungry team now instead of making one or two Mil. extra. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate