• Please log in to reply
1081 replies to this topic

#401 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

I guess the one positive we can take from this if he doesn't sign with us is that we don't have to watch him man the point anymore on the PP.

#402 Aznknight

Aznknight

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

In the end, it's all aboutvthe money. If a team offers brunner a longer term it's securing HIS future. It's selfish but why not be when you can? Alfie, I believe was offered a similar contract but he wants a cup now. There's nothing else left for an elite player to do if he hasn't won it yet. Paid elite money for almost 18 years without a cup will have you swaying your loyalty.
Dats and z never tested because they KNOW their value. Brunner is just starting to see that now. I'd be excited if I was him so I can't judge him. An extra $2 million a year for 4-5 years? You'd be insane not to take that and in the cap world anyone can win.

I say he signs with us and sammy finally gets some bengay on his pectoral muscles and gets bought out.

#403 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

As said alread it's Neil Sheehy, I was wrong about him being Pairse's agent but he is Suter's agent.  Here is a profile on him

http://www.thehockey...eil-Sheehy.html

Cool, thank you!

#404 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

@HeleneStJames: Saturday Situation Report: Who are the Red Wings looking to sign, trade, and why Damien Brunner is gone http://t.co/rZZbZJ9BH7 via @freep

If true, and the Wings weren't willing to give him 3 for 3? That's somef****** bulls***.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#405 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Latest on the numbers from St James.  Take it for what you will:

Damien Brunner pushing for $3-3.5 million per season, 2-3 year deal. Price tag too high for Red Wings.

#406 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

So Sammy is worth 3 mil, but Brunner is not.

#407 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

They must be convinced that Brunner is not going to be the real deal. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

#408 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

How old is Brunner? 27? Give him 8 disappointing years and he'll be worth 3.5 per year and will even get a no move clause.

#409 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

I love brunner but i wouldn't go 3 for 3 either. I'd probably so 2 years tho. Before I said I'd go around 2.5 for him.

Posted Image

#410 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

They must be convinced that Brunner is not going to be the real deal. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

this. I assume they were on him about his defensive game from the moment he started practice here.. did it get better all season? I don't think so, not too much anyway.. maybe they think he can't learn to play enough of a two way game to make 3m+? Idk just my thoughts on it

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#411 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

As said alread it's Neil Sheehy, I was wrong about him being Pairse's agent but he is Suter's agent.  Here is a profile on him

http://www.thehockey...eil-Sheehy.html

Definitely not. Sheehy was Parise's Agent for a long time but got fired a few years ago.

#412 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Definitely not. Sheehy was Parise's Agent for a long time but got fired a few years ago.

And Brunner should be firing him too!

#413 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is bull crap. I have OFFICIALLY lost faith in Holland as a GM in the cap era. Cleary resigning for $500,000 less for the same amount of years... Done.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#414 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

20 bucks he doesn't pay anybody!

#415 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

est. 1989, representin'.

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

This is bull crap. I have OFFICIALLY lost faith in Holland as a GM in the cap era. Cleary resigning for $500,000 less for the same amount of years... Done.

Yet you'll watch next season just like everyone else, settle down.

We're all going to bitter about not signing Brunner (and for those who don't like him, you win lol) but when it all comes down to it...no big deal. We signed two great FA's yesterday and we don't need to overpay for a guy who hasn't proved himself 100% during a full-season. It's not the Wings MO to do something like that.

#416 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yet you'll watch next season just like everyone else, settle down.

We're all going to bitter about not signing Brunner (and for those who don't like him, you win lol) but when it all comes down to it...no big deal. We signed two great FA's yesterday and we don't need to overpay for a guy who hasn't proved himself 100% during a full-season. It's not the Wings MO to do something like that.

Implying Alfredsson is worth 5.5 million at age 40. I won't watch if I don't like what I see or hear. Unlike some fans I have other stuff to do with my life than waste 2-3 hours on crap I don't like or am disappointed in. I haven't watched the Tigers since mid May for that same reason. The only thing worth noting for them is that Scherzer is undefeated still, but when that ends it's Cabrera or what?

I hated last offseason and the lockout so I didn't watch the Wings until the playoffs.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#417 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Implying Alfredsson is worth 5.5 million at age 40. I won't watch if I don't like what I see or hear. Unlike some fans I have other stuff to do with my life than waste 2-3 hours on crap I don't like or am disappointed in. I haven't watched the Tigers since mid May for that same reason. The only thing worth noting for them is that Scherzer is undefeated still, but when that ends it's Cabrera or what?

I hated last offseason and the lockout so I didn't watch the Wings until the playoffs.

You just copy/pasted Websters definition of 'bandwagon fan'.....strap in, we are expecting some turbulence ahead and it may get a little bumpy for ya.

#418 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hockey is a game, doesn't effect your life and thats just a reminder for you too...whats mind boggling though is how much you give a $h!t for not even watching the sport apparently. If you were watching you would know why a 1 year deal for alfy at 5.5 million IS worth it.

When signing a skilled verteran that usually means one thing, the teams trying for the upcoming stanley cup. Unlike any other playoff team last year, Detroit was the closest to stopping the stanley cup champions. Might not mean as much now but it does tell you the redwings aren't as awful as your implying

#419 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hockey is a game, doesn't effect your life and thats just a reminder for you too...whats mind boggling though is how much you give a $h!t for not even watching the sport apparently. If you were watching you would know why a 1 year deal for alfy at 5.5 million IS worth it.When signing a skilled verteran that usually means one thing, the teams trying for the upcoming stanley cup. Unlike any other playoff team last year, Detroit was the closest to stopping the stanley cup champions. Might not mean as much now but it does tell you the redwings aren't as awful as your implying

I agree thanks to his deal or even Sammy or berts or even quincey we couldn't sign who we needed and will get stuck with Alfie and cleary.

Alfie is totally, completely worth 5.5m hell cleay is worth at least 7m.

#420 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

I dunno man pro sports is just weird sometimes like if all my favourite players signed on another team and all players i hate signed here, why should I feel loyalty to an organization of people i don't like? especially if i don't live there?