• Please log in to reply
1081 replies to this topic

#421 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

I dunno man pro sports is just weird sometimes like if all my favourite players signed on another team and all players i hate signed here, why should I feel loyalty to an organization of people i don't like? especially if i don't live there?

It sounds like you are putting being a fan of the team up against being a fan of specific players. Some people are capable of doing both. I suppose some are not. It seems to me as if you have come to a conclusion. Maybe you should start a Let's Go Damien Brunner message board.

#422 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Bringing Brunner in was a low risk-high reward for the Wings last year especially considering it was a 1 yr contract. Yes, the man wants a big pay raise. He does deserve an increase, but that is still yet to be determined. Wings should of offered him the money he wanted only based on production and etc rolled into bonuses.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#423 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Well Brunner just wait 8 more years and the Wings are going to give you 5 mil plus and if you are finally 35 + you might even get a ntc you are just too young sorry...

3 years around 3m per would havebeen fair forboth sides

Edited by frankgrimes, 06 July 2013 - 05:52 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#424 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Well Brunner just wait 8 more years and the Wings are going to give you 5 mil plus and if you are finally 35 + you might even get a ntc you are just too young sorry...

3 years around 3m per would havebeen fair forboth sides

Brunner is a VERY poor man's Briere. I would have let him walk too. 2.5 mil per for whatever term he chose was a fair offer.

#425 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Brunner is a VERY poor man's Briere. I would have let him walk too. 2.5 mil per for whatever term he chose was a fair offer.

I already got it some people hate him no need to repeat 10 x a day

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#426 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

I already got it some people hate him no need to repeat 10 x a day

I dont hate him. I like him. For 2.5 mil max.

#427 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

I agree thanks to his deal or even Sammy or berts or even quincey we couldn't sign who we needed and will get stuck with Alfie and cleary.

Alfie is totally, completely worth 5.5m hell cleay is worth at least 7m.

i wish it was me that pissed in your cereal

#428 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

I feel like I haven't raged in the Brunner thread in a while. Hello darkness my old friend...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#429 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'm done raging.  I'm now sitting in a corner in the fetal position and rocking back and forth murmuring, "Damien, please."

This gets complicated since I'm doing the same thing about keeping Tootoo.

#430 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'm done raging.  I'm now sitting in a corner in the fetal position and rocking back and forth murmuring, "Damien, please."

Id like to see Holland sign Brunner.

This gets complicated since I'm doing the same thing about keeping Tootoo.

#431 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Implying Alfredsson is worth 5.5 million at age 40. I won't watch if I don't like what I see or hear. Unlike some fans I have other stuff to do with my life than waste 2-3 hours on crap I don't like or am disappointed in. I haven't watched the Tigers since mid May for that same reason. The only thing worth noting for them is that Scherzer is undefeated still, but when that ends it's Cabrera or what?

I hated last offseason and the lockout so I didn't watch the Wings until the playoffs.

Yeah, those first-place Tigers really suck.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#432 Lazerbeam

Lazerbeam

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I agree thanks to his deal or even Sammy or berts or even quincey we couldn't sign who we needed and will get stuck with Alfie and cleary.

Alfie is totally, completely worth 5.5m hell cleay is worth at least 7m.

Alfredsson is only getting 3.5 Mil, the other 2 mil are incentives he has to earn this coming year and if he gets them, then the 2 mil will count against the 2014-15 seasons cap--so RELAX!

#433 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Don't even know why Alfredo is even bein mentioned in a Brunned thread.

Simple as this, firmly believe Brunner may find out was his real value is soon
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#434 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

You just copy/pasted Websters definition of 'bandwagon fan'.....strap in, we are expecting some turbulence ahead and it may get a little bumpy for ya.

Bull. Bandwagon fans follow a team when they're winning championships or close to it, not when they're losing in the 1st and 2nd round year after year and enduring lockouts/strikes.

#435 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

The funny thing is this guy is abandoning ship when the Tigers and Wings are about to be champs!!

#436 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

9228564642_0991f47e48_o.jpg

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#437 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

I dont even know what's going on in here anymore...All I know is I like Brunner and thought he was the euro triplet...It's not over yet though...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#438 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

I really hope he doesn't believe he's worth $3.5 million after half of a rookie season. He could be there eventually, but not quite. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#439 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

9228564642_0991f47e48_o.jpg

Forget Brunner, this wins the thread.

#440 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Everyone here seems so upset of not signing Brunner.... I would even like to question what is the reason? Just because he is 27 y.o.? Have you seen the regular season and play-offs? He is a definition of a floater, never goes to the boards implying that he does not bettle for the puck his defensive coverage is non-existant. Hell, he makes Johan Franzen a guru of defense. Our game is based on hardwork first and that is exactly what Babcock asks from any player. Even skill comes second. Brunner was consistently getting point playing with Zetterberg but anyone can do it playing with world-calss center (see Abdelkader). One can tolerate such style from someone like Brett Hull or Luke Robitaille but not from a rookie who wants to establish himself in this league.

Want to see a comparision? Nyquist vs. Brunner or Tatar vs. Brunner. Those two players are what exactly we need, Brunner? Not so much...

I don't like Cleary much at this point of his career but I understand why we try to sign him first. He is a warrior on the ice and sometimes that additional effort pays off big time. 

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah