Brunner Contract Talks

• Please log in to reply
1081 replies to this topic

#461 whitey

whitey

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Kulfan believes Brunner's number is closer to $4.0 mil...

"Hitting the free-agent market Friday, Brunner is expected to find a team this week that will sign him for a multi-year contract worth close to $4 million annually.""

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...9#ixzz2YO4XLtmj

#462 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Kulfan believes Brunner's number is closer to $4.0 mil...

"Hitting the free-agent market Friday, Brunner is expected to find a team this week that will sign him for a multi-year contract worth close to $4 million annually.""

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...9#ixzz2YO4XLtmj

I hope Calcaru signs Brunner and Cleary.

Hudler-Cleary-Brunner.

Pure Dominance.

#463 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Brunner is expendable. We dont need him. It would be nice to have him, but we dont have room.

You keep saying the same thing over and over, we get it you're not his biggest fan. But you are not responding with anything of value. You just say Brunner is expendable after a long analysis of why he isn't a proper response would give reasons why you think he is expendable. Otherwise your comments are completely and utterly useless

#464 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

You keep saying the same thing over and over, we get it you're not his biggest fan. But you are not responding with anything of value. You just say Brunner is expendable after a long analysis of why he isn't a proper response would give reasons why you think he is expendable. Otherwise your comments are completely and utterly useless

Ok. I will explain:

Alfredsson is signed, making Brunner expendable.

You dont need to be a rocket scientist or even a sesquipedalian to understand why Brunner is now expendable. It's quite an easy concept.

#465 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

While I don't necessarily agree that Brunner is "expendable", I do believe he is highly replaceable. I know they're not right-handed shots, but I think Nyquist and/or Tatar will be able to provide some much needed depth. Depending on which bodies are moved out, one or both of them are going to be able to put up some points.

As mentioned, Alfie and Weiss are going to add some serious offensive as well. It might just be optimism on paper, but I really feel like the PP and overall offensive game of this team is turning around big time. Saw something mentioned about a Z-D-Mule, Kronner-Alfie powerplay unit... tell me that doesn't scream offensive. I think it'll be highly effective, especially if Alfie can run along the half-boards on his off-wing.

#466 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

I kind of have hte feeling he wont get signed by anyone now. It may (or maybe not) to late. Plus he does have a final year left on his EVZ contract.

I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#467 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

It's only 2 days after the start of FA, I don't think it's too late. This is normal, the big fish go first, and it's takes longer for the dust to settle and the other FA's to sign. I like Brunner, but I don't think he's proven enough in the short time he's been in the NHL to demand a long term deal between 3-4 million. Tatar is more than a suitable replacement.

#468 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

It's only 2 days after the start of FA, I don't think it's too late. This is normal, the big fish go first, and it's takes longer for the dust to settle and the other FA's to sign. I like Brunner, but I don't think he's proven enough in the short time he's been in the NHL to demand a long term deal between 3-4 million. Tatar is more than a suitable replacement.

Agreed. Not sure whats up with this guy, coming over, playing HALF A SEASON and then acting like he's the big s***. 

Go get Garth Snow to throw money at you if thats how you want to play it. 

#469 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Agreed. Not sure whats up with this guy, coming over, playing HALF A SEASON and then acting like he's the big s***. 

Go get Garth Snow to throw money at you if thats how you want to play it. 

Well, currently the Islanders have about $22 million in cap space so I wouldn't call it out of the question.

I also think it's hilarious that they still owe Alexei Yashin $2.2 mil for the next TWO seasons!

#470 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

At first I thought if both sides would give a little: Wings + 0,25 to their best offer and Brunners camp minus 0,25 from their demands a deal could be reached, but if he is reall pushing for around 4 m per than sorry, but thats ridiculous and I really like him. If I were Holland, I'd offer 3,25 x 3 take it or leave it.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#471 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yea thats true too...You really cannot compare anything on a half season of work. Just take the damn wings contract Damien.

I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#472 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Problem is Holland already offered 2.5 take it or leave it.

#473 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,848 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Why doesn't Holland just increase the offer by taking money away from that Cleary contract he was planning on burdening the team with?  

I'd rather have Brunner for an overpayment than have him for 2.5, plus Cleary for whatever the hell he was offered.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 07 July 2013 - 04:41 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#474 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Why doesn't Holland just increase the offer by taking money away from that Cleary contract he was planning on burdening the team with?  

I'd rather have Brunner for an overpayment than have him for 2.5, plus Cleary for whatever the hell he was offered.  

Great idea just increase the damn offer a bit and sign this guy, he should easily be the top priority right now. If the Wings lose him and re-sign Cleary it would be stupid.

kftx.jpg

#475 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,848 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Great idea just increase the damn offer a bit and sign this guy, he should easily be the top priority right now. If the Wings lose him and re-sign Cleary it would be stupid.

Although I wonder how much of Holland pursuing Cleary has to do with Brunner not coming back?

Signing both Brunner and Cleary would have been stupid to begin with.  Too much cap room wasted.    

In any case Brunner not returning doesn't mean Holland should go after the ugliest girl at the bar.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#476 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

Although I wonder how much of Holland pursuing Cleary has to do with Brunner not coming back?

Signing both Brunner and Cleary would have been stupid to begin with.  Too much cap room wasted.    

In any case Brunner not returning doesn't mean Holland should go after the ugliest girl at the bar.  

The thing is this should have been done some weeks ago why did he wait so long. It is not like the Wings played till January...if Brunner goes I hope he signs with the Islanders they are a young and coming team him and Tavares would be deadly

kftx.jpg

#477 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Brunner lost his chance with the Wings when they signed Weiss and Alfie.  They no longer have the cap space.  And $4M? Forget it.

They will have to shed cap space just to sign Anderson and Nyquist.  Brunner and Cleary both blew their chances, now they will end up signing with non-playoff teams.

Brunner was a gamble anyway.  He's not tough and not good defensively.  Best case, he would need to improve his game considerably and who knows if he could last and entire season.

Move on.

Do or do not. There is no try

#478 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

f1873ea11d78bece7550d9b5096378fb_normal.
SwissHockeyNews
about 4 hours ago
Rumour | Both the Buffalo #Sabres and the Florida #Panthers seem to be interested in signing Damien #Brunner.

And, as you know..

2wyqyrb9uxl8zapdofwv_normal.jpeg
georgemalik
about 5 hours ago
Afternoon post updated 4x: @tkulfan believes that Damien Brunner will ink a $4 million contract this week! http://t.co/2u03hglthy

Edited by FireCaptain, 07 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#479 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

As much as I like Brunner but at 4 million? Way too steep for him IF AND ONLY IF THAT RUMOR is true.

Both Buffalo and Florida in our division next season, great.

We'll be seeing him a lot then

#480 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

f1873ea11d78bece7550d9b5096378fb_normal.

SwissHockeyNews
about 4 hours ago

Rumour | Both the Buffalo #Sabres and the Florida #Panthers seem to be interested in signing Damien #Brunner.

And, as you know..

2wyqyrb9uxl8zapdofwv_normal.jpeg

georgemalik
about 5 hours ago

Afternoon post updated 4x: @tkulfan believes that Damien Brunner will ink a $4 million contract this week! http://t.co/2u03hglthy

Sabres? Maybe he can play on a line with Leino! As a matter of fact, perhaps Sammy will waive his NTC and they can make a line call it the misfit exwings? Awww, we can dream.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!