• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

Tatar and Nyquist aren't going anywhere unless we get some damn good players back in return.

This.

I could see Kenny pulling off a huge trade within the next few years though when the next wave of prospects are ready (jurco frk oullette sproul etc...) There are so many promising names, love it!

Edited by amato

Brunner has no idea what his value is. He made like 400K max when he played in Switzerland. Its his ****** agent that told him...dude, i can get you 3,5 million

Idiot..... Agent, not Brunner

Its a real pity and i bet that Brunner would take the 2,5 million from the Wings but i dont see Holland extending the offer again. this is kind of like when nobody admits it was their fault that they screwed up

Guest The Axe

Brunner has no idea what his value is. He made like 400K max when he played in Switzerland. Its his ****** agent that told him...dude, i can get you 3,5 million

Idiot..... Agent, not Brunner

Its a real pity and i bet that Brunner would take the 2,5 million from the Wings but i dont see Holland extending the offer again. this is kind of like when nobody admits it was their fault that they screwed up

I still want brunner @ 2.5 mil.

I still want brunner @ 2.5 mil.

How about at 1.5 :P

I know the majority on here doesn't really care that Brunner comes back cause Tatar is the better replacement or whatever. Tatar has paid his dues etc etc I'm with you on that and I won't argue that Tatar is a d-bag. Didn't Tatar complain about being sent down to GR or something along those lines this year? I mean I understand where Tatar would be frustrated and to me that doesn't make him a d-bag.

Back on Brunner (topic here). However inconsistent Brunner was with us his 12 goals during the regular season and 5 in the playoffs wasn't too shabby.

Dude could score regardless of how weak his defensive game is.

Guest Playmaker

This.

I could see Kenny pulling off a huge trade within the next few years though when the next wave of prospects are ready (jurco frk oullette sproul etc...) There are so many promising names, love it!

How many "big trades" has Kenny EVER made? Um, none. So, I wouldn't hold your breath.

This.

or when mantha is ready

How about at 1.5 :P

I know the majority on here doesn't really care that Brunner comes back cause Tatar is the better replacement or whatever. Tatar has paid his dues etc etc I'm with you on that and I won't argue that Tatar is a d-bag. Didn't Tatar complain about being sent down to GR or something along those lines this year? I mean I understand where Tatar would be frustrated and to me that doesn't make him a d-bag.

Back on Brunner (topic here). However inconsistent Brunner was with us his 12 goals during the regular season and 5 in the playoffs wasn't too shabby.

Dude could score regardless of how weak his defensive game is.

If he'd been willing to sign at what now appears to be his market rate, he'd be a wing next year. And if we could buy out Sammy and cleary goes elsewhere, he'll wish he had....

Jeez the prospect wave is prime and stacked, no room for brunner on a multi year deal

Tatar and Nyquist this year

Possible top 6ers coming in the next few years: Jarnkrok, Jurco, Frk, Pulkkinen, Tvrdon, Mantha
Possible bottom 6ers coming the next few years: Sheahan, Ferraro, Callahan, Nastasiuk, Bertuzzi, Bodin
Possible top D-men next few years: Sproul, Backman, Ouellet, Jensen, Marchenko, Almquist
Possible 5-6 D-men nest few years: Nedomlel, De Haas, Wheaton, McNulty, McKee

Among many other possible diamonds in the rough

I think I can honestly say I have never seen the farm this stacked. It's no surprise the Grifs just won a championship. We may have only drafted one "superstar" prospect in this years draft, but the other guys we got fill the nasty roles that fill out the lineup. Our prospect pool looks complete at this point. Very excited about the next few years. Brunner can suck it, forget about him. Should have got a better agent IMO

Brunner was always expendable

I love Brunner as much as the next guy, but at his age what we got was probably what we were going to get. I think it was smart to let him walk. I don't think he warrants even 2.5.

As much as I liked Brunner for his hands and skating, he played literally no defense. He's not a top-6 guy on this team and as many have said, both Nyquist and Tatar are as good, if not better, than him right now. More importantly, they are better fits for this team.

Guest The Axe

As much as I liked Brunner for his hands and skating, he played literally no defense. He's not a top-6 guy on this team and as many have said, both Nyquist and Tatar are as good, if not better, than him right now. More importantly, they are better fits for this team.

Brunner had a chance to be one of "our" guys. He doesnt want to. End of story.

I know more than a few Wingnuts are curious about what is going on with Damien Brunner so I thought now would be a good time to update the situation. He was in talks with the New Jersey Devils but those talks ended when it was announced the Devils signed Jaromir Jagr. It seems likely that he is headed back to Switzerland to play. I would say there is no chance that he and the Wings could come to some kind of agreement, he seems to have burned the bridges there.

https://www.facebook.com/DiehardDetroitRedWingsFanatics/posts/478528565563902

I kind of called that.

I kind of called that.

That seems to be from a fan site, compiled from the usual sources--MLive, FSD, etc. I think the Brunner bit is speculation, as his agent was quoted in a recent article as saying Brunner would be back in the NHL, and I think a lot of people just assume that talks ended with NJ when they got Jagr. So unless there is a more definitive source stating these things, I will take it for what it is.

That being said, I've always had an inkling that maybe Brunner *wants* to be back in Switzerland. Close to family, sleep in your own bed every night, top 6 role...doesn't sound half bad. Being in the NHL may have been one of those "if someone makes it worth my while I'll stay" kind of things, thus the high price tag. Who knows...

Guest The Axe

so....Brunner news?

we need more two way forwards who are excellent at defense but cant score

We got rid of flip, brunner, and Cleaey. We added Weiss and Alfredsson. Seems like Holland is doing what you want.

Guest Crymson

That being said, I've always had an inkling that maybe Brunner *wants* to be back in Switzerland. Close to family, sleep in your own bed every night, top 6 role...doesn't sound half bad...

... and make 5% as much moolah.

I doubt this will happen.

But I'd like to see him resign for 2 years putting his cap hit this year at his salary from last year(just under 1 m) and load the deal with incentives and a 2.5-3m cap hit hit next year.

This way if he proves himself, he could make back the money he would've lost this year, and it sets us up with a right handed potentially top six sniper after alfredsson is gone after next year.

If its done right It won't be too hard to clear the extra strain the deal would potentially put on the team in their efforts to lock up Andersson and Nyquist.

But if they do clear the cap space and another roster spot and they pay cleary $2-3m+ over something with Brunner, then I'll be extremely disappointed. Although I am a fan of cleary.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Guest The Axe

I doubt this will happen.

But I'd like to see him resign for 2 years putting his cap hit this year at his salary from last year(just under 1 m) and load the deal with incentives and a 2.5-3m cap hit hit next year.

This way if he proves himself, he could make back the money he would've lost this year, and it sets us up with a right handed potentially top six sniper after alfredsson is gone after next year.

If its done right It won't be too hard to clear the extra strain the deal would potentially put on the team in their efforts to lock up Andersson and Nyquist.

But if they do clear the cap space and another roster spot and they pay cleary $2-3m+ over something with Brunner, then I'll be extremely disappointed. Although I am a fan of cleary.

But this is the problem. Brunner wants to play top 6 so he can score 50 pts and make 4 mil per. He's top 9 on our team and worth 2.5.

But this is the problem. Brunner wants to play top 6 so he can score 50 pts and make 4 mil per. He's top 9 on our team and worth 2.5.

This was my biggest problem with him. I thought Babcock did him more justice placing him on the 3rd line with 2 talented players that could compliment him. He couldn't handle top pairings, it was just that simple. The same inside leg to outside while coming along the boards within the zone. He did it every single time and it was poked or he just got pushed off the puck. He needs to learn his timing and space within the NHL and Babcock was allowing him to do this against the bottom 4. It was smart. He had a great playmaker in Nyquist and Andersson who could play hard in the corners and battle the crease. Both of those players play a great 200 ft game and could make up for Brunner's defensive game. Brunner did step it up defensively later in the season. He could actually account for men decently in the zone and pick whom he needed to cover. He started to finish checks, play the body, and overall I thought he was putting in some damn good effort for his first season (we know the other excuses).

I guess I just underestimated his personality. I thought he was comfortable and wouldn't want to move out of a new locker room in a league that he just came to. Not to mention, he came to a decorated franchise with lots of love from the fans. Not only that but he has one of the best coaches teaching him how to play the game and some of the most talented players. Oh well though!

Guest The Axe

This was my biggest problem with him. I thought Babcock did him more justice placing him on the 3rd line with 2 talented players that could compliment him. He couldn't handle top pairings, it was just that simple. The same inside leg to outside while coming along the boards within the zone. He did it every single time and it was poked or he just got pushed off the puck. He needs to learn his timing and space within the NHL and Babcock was allowing him to do this against the bottom 4. It was smart. He had a great playmaker in Nyquist and Andersson who could play hard in the corners and battle the crease. Both of those players play a great 200 ft game and could make up for Brunner's defensive game. Brunner did step it up defensively later in the season. He could actually account for men decently in the zone and pick whom he needed to cover. He started to finish checks, play the body, and overall I thought he was putting in some damn good effort for his first season (we know the other excuses).

I guess I just underestimated his personality. I thought he was comfortable and wouldn't want to move out of a new locker room in a league that he just came to. Not to mention, he came to a decorated franchise with lots of love from the fans. Not only that but he has one of the best coaches teaching him how to play the game and some of the most talented players. Oh well though!

Playing with Helm and Tatar 12-15 mins a night would be perfect for him as he develops. I agree.

That's what I'm saying.

Get him to understand that hes here to show he deserves to be moved up when we lose alfredsson next year, then he can have the minutes. Unless he doesn't pan out, in which case trade him.

It just makes me wonder what teams actually threw at him, and why he's waiting.

Guest Crymson

That's what I'm saying.

Get him to understand that hes here to show he deserves to be moved up when we lose alfredsson next year, then he can have the minutes. Unless he doesn't pan out, in which case trade him.

It just makes me wonder what teams actually threw at him, and why he's waiting.

His demands lost him his roster spot and cap space to Alfredsson. Barring some other teams deciding they're really interested in our trash, neither one will be opening up. His Detroit days are over, at least for now.

His demands lost him his roster spot and cap space to Alfredsson. Barring some other teams deciding they're really interested in our trash, neither one will be opening up. His Detroit days are over, at least for now.

I still do doubt that it will happen.

But I was just throwing it out there since he apparently hasn't been swept off his feet so far.

And though both are unlikely, this would be easier to pull off, and smarter then bringing back danny clearly.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter