• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

I dont have to spot him there. Andersson or Emdog can go there. Just think Helm is the choice at this point.

Zetterberg will be the 2nd line center. Helm and Andersson the 3rd and 4th with Emmerton as a healthy scratch/injury fill in.

Guest The Axe

Zetterberg will be the 2nd line center. Helm and Andersson the 3rd and 4th with Emmerton as a healthy scratch/injury fill in.

How many years in a row does Emmerton have to play in almost all of our games before uou realize he's a starter?

How many years in a row does Emmerton have to play in almost all of our games before uou realize he's a starter?

But with Andersson full time and Helm fully fit (hopefully) where would he fit he fit in to the roster?

Guest The Axe

But with Andersson full time and Helm fully fit (hopefully) where would he fit he fit in to the roster?

Right in Filppula's spot

Just because you were a starter doesn't mean you always will be. He would have been the 4th line center this season with Andersson in Grand Rapids. When Helm couldn't go Andersson was brought in and he quickly passed Emmerton on the depth chart (as evidenced by his time on ice vs Emmerton's).

When Helm is back he'll either be the 3rd line center or the 4th line center, with Andersson taking the other spot.

I know you like Emmerton but he's the odd guy out at center, playing only when Helm or Andersson go down. He may even be waived if they need a roster spot as he's the most expendable forward we have.

Guest Crymson

I think Emmerton has some trade value... he's a very affordable bottom 6 guy. Dallas? Ottawa?

He's a disposable part.

Guest Crymson

Just because you were a starter doesn't mean you always will be. He would have been the 4th line center this season with Andersson in Grand Rapids. When Helm couldn't go Andersson was brought in and he quickly passed Emmerton on the depth chart (as evidenced by his time on ice vs Emmerton's).

When Helm is back he'll either be the 3rd line center or the 4th line center, with Andersson taking the other spot.

I know you like Emmerton but he's the odd guy out at center, playing only when Helm or Andersson go down. He may even be waived if they need a roster spot as he's the most expendable forward we have.

He'll either be gone this season or when Landon Ferraro is out of AHL options (2014).

And how many years was Lebderp a starter? Just because Emmerton was a starter the last two years, it doesn't mean he'll be one next season. His status in 2013-14 is going to depend entirely on the health of one Darren Helm. If Helmer's ready to go, Emmerton is what you would call expendable. That's especially true if the Wings no longer value him for his position as much as the last two seasons with Sheahan & Ferraro due for their cup of coffee in the bigs next season if injuries do happen.

Emdog is well liked by teammates and the coaches.

So are Andersson and Helm.

So were many others who aren't with the team anymore. Being liked doesn't get you ice-time over better players.

Emmerton is 5th on the teams depth chart of centers, and the gap is closing between him Sheahan and Ferraro. Both of them are good penalty killers, and are better on draws, Emmerton better show something quickly this upcoming season or he'll be playing elsewhere very soon.

Guest The Axe

So are Andersson and Helm.

So were many others who aren't with the team anymore. Being liked doesn't get you ice-time over better players.

Emmerton is 5th on the teams depth chart of centers, and the gap is closing between him Sheahan and Ferraro. Both of them are good penalty killers, and are better on draws, Emmerton better show something quickly this upcoming season or he'll be playing elsewhere very soon.

He will. Hes gotten better every year.

Emdog is well liked by teammates and the coaches.

Marian Illitch is well-liked by teammates and coaches, but I wouldn't put her in as a center. Goalie maybe, but not center.

There's a lot to be said for guys who are good in the locker room, but in the end it comes down to performance. I'd like to keep Emmy. He seems like a good kid, and on most teams would be a 3th or 4th line guy (maybe even 2nd on really crappy teams) but when he's got this many guys above him, he's going to be wearing a suit most games.

He's a darn good guy to have in case of injury and to keep pushing the other guys to perform so that he doesn't get their spot. Healthy competition is always a good thing. It keeps complacency from setting in.

But back to Brunner- there's no way we don't re-sign this guy unless it comes down to money. Looking only at roster space, he's in. There are quite a few below him talent-wise, and every reason to believe that after getting used to a full 82 games that he won't get even better.

Sure, he could bust. Anyone can. He might not reach our expectations (see the Flip thread). From what I've seen of him this season, I'd take a chance on him.

I'm all for keeping emdog after this past season; he's definitely getting better..

that being said, if it's 2 out of three between him helm and andersson.. em is definitely the odd man out.

But back to Brunner- there's no way we don't re-sign this guy unless it comes down to money. Looking only at roster space, he's in. There are quite a few below him talent-wise, and every reason to believe that after getting used to a full 82 games that he won't get even better.

Sure, he could bust. Anyone can. He might not reach our expectations (see the Flip thread). From what I've seen of him this season, I'd take a chance on him.

Also, this. Agreed 100%.. and I don't see Brunner coming down to wanting too much money after how much he loved it here. I'd expect a 2-3 year deal around 3 mill or so.. seems good for both sides.

Guys I think The Axe is actually Emmerton... We should be nice.

All joking aside, he actually won me over (or wore me down) on the Emmerton topic. Obviously the guy isn't a second or third line center in the NHL, and obviously he's not going to win a scoring title. But he kills penalties, is defensively responsible, can skate on the forecheck, and even finishes his hits for the most part. He's a completely serviceable NHL fourth line center and on a team with a cap crunch (perhaps us) he's a real asset given how little he's going to cost for pretty much his whole career.

Axe, I'd be lying if I said a little part of me wasn't rooting for "Emdog" each game. You win.

All joking aside, he actually won me over (or wore me down) on the Emmerton topic. Obviously the guy isn't a second or third line center in the NHL, and obviously he's not going to win a scoring title. But he kills penalties, is defensively responsible, can skate on the forecheck, and even finishes his hits for the most part. He's a completely serviceable NHL fourth line center and on a team with a cap crunch (perhaps us) he's a real asset given how little he's going to cost for pretty much his whole career.

Axe, I'd be lying if I said a little part of me wasn't rooting for "Emdog" each game. You win.

Agreed but he does fall done to healthy scratch on the depth chart, unless somehow helm becomes our second line center and andersson stays third center

Emmerton will be here until 1. Helm proves he is healthy-at this point in time he is not and 2. Someone better develops.

That may be longer than some think. Ferraro is not better than Emmerton. maybe someday he could be, but as of today he is not. Sheahan is playing wing much of the time, and looks like that will be his path to the RW. That means it could be 2-3 years before a C is developed that is better than Emmerton. For a guy that plays 7 mins or so per game, he does a nice job. Star? No. Never will be.

Now if a package is need to be put together to make a deal, all of the things I just mentioned are positives in a trade.

I think Emmerton has some trade value... he's a very affordable bottom 6 guy. Dallas? Ottawa?

Maybe Nill will throw us a bone a swap us his first for ours and Emmerton :lol:

But seriously, I don't hate Emmerton and I like him on this team. Doesn't take any shifts off.

Guest The Axe

Cool!

And I will concede that Emdog is 5th or 6th on our current depth chart at the center position. But I wont concede that playing Bertuzzi, Tootoo, Eaves, or Samuelsson is better for the team. I put these guys ahead of Emmerton:

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Franzen

Brunner

Helm

Nyquist

Abdelkader

Anderson

Tatar

Miller

They all play at a higher skill level.

Brunner fits in nicely for us at 2.5 mil a season. Thats a big raise for him.